New Original Quilt Squares

jessc031778

So, I finished three more crochet patterns based on classic quilt squares...here are the pics, though I hope to take clearer ones today that show the colors better...

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g12/jessc031778/Orignals/00006.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g12/jessc031778/Orignals/00009.jpg This one actually has 4 colors, but the darker blue and the red blend together in the pic

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g12/jessc031778/Orignals/00011.jpg

Thanks!

Jessie

I especially liked the one with the blue and red and must tell you that the colours did not blend together as you stated. You must have an incredible amount of patience to do such detailed work.

Good stuff. :clap

Thank you!! Actually, it's all based on a graph and worked up like any chart pattern...just back & forth with sc and yarn bobbins. The work was graphing up the squares to translate the patterns from traditional fabrics to something I could crochet LOL!!

I'm surprised you could see both blues in that square...I can see the light blue and the cream colors, but where the red and dark blue are, I'm having trouble seeing which dark spaces are which colors LOL!!

Thanks again!

Jessie

I love love love crocheted afghans that look like traditional quilt patterns. Great job.

Jess, those rule! And I can see all 4 colors in that second one, and it is beautiful. Are you planning on making the full quilt, or just playing with different squares?

Thank you everyone!! I've got a total of about 55 different quilt patterns that I've graphed up and done line counts for to make them in crochet...I've always loved quilts but I'm completely intimidated by my sewing machine so I never made one for myself LOL!! So, I figured out a way I can make something LIKE a quilt without actually having to QUILT it LOL!!! I'm working up the patterns as I go, both to list them on my etsy site and also just to make them so that I can put them together for a patchwork-type afghan..though by the size of some of these patterns, I might just wind up with enough to make more than one afghan LOL!! My self-appointed goal is to have all the squares made up by June, and then I can play with them to get them together into an afghan (or maybe two LOL), and I will definately post some pics of the finished afghan once I get it done!!!

I'm so glad so many of you are able to see all the colors, I guess it's just my eyesight that's off :lol...I've got the classic 9 Patch square worked up and am now working on the Garden Path square...will post pics of both of them very soon!!! And I've even completely designed a new square, in the same feel of the classic quilt squares, but a Jessie original...that will be the last one I work on, since I still have to do the line counts on that one...

Thanks for all the great feedback!!!

Jessie

Archived