Suede Fat Bottom Purse

lisab

This pattern is from another one from Debbie Stoller's "Happy Hooker" book. I used Lion Suede yarn in taupe crocheting with an I hook and the accessories came from Joann's-the flower is a pin so I can remove it and change to another color or flower if I like. The pictures don't do the ribbon justice-it is brown velvet and matches the flower. I like the idea I can switch the ribbon and flower-makes it a year round bag in whatever color palette I choose for the accessories. :hook

SuedeFatBottomPurse2.jpgSuedeFatBottomPurse1.jpgSuedeFatBottomPurse3.jpg

It looks absolutely... luxurious. I would never have thought to use a suede yarn to make this (I've been wanting to make one for a while) but it looks amazing. I might just have to follow your cue and check out the suede yarns next time I'm in my LYS.

Lisa I think yours is the first fat bottom I've seen done in Lion Suede. Wow! It is beautiful! I like the changeable ribbon and flower idea too. Great job!

Now here come the questions....Did you line it? Also, how many balls of Suede did it take using the size I hook?

Thanks for the info and, again, wonderful job, Lisa. :cheer:clap:cheer

I REALLY like this in suede! It brings out the texture of not only the yarn, but the stitches too. Additionally, the monochromatic colors you used make it work together nicely. Great job!

Archived