Crocheting at age 100

The Project Linus coordinator for our area sent this link to the folks on her PL mailing list..

I thought some people here might enjoy the article. I hope I can be as prolific at 100.

http://www.news-journal.com/featr/content/features/stories/12302206_WhiteheadCrochet.html

oh thats too funny! dh was just teasing me about that, ds1 was asking something about when hes that old *giggle* and dh makes a quick snip...Mom will still be crocheting and knitting away when shes 100...

Guess it did not help that I fueled the fire by crocheting at the dinner table.

So kodus for the eldery crocheters! (dh's gma is 88 and still knits like crazy)

I also have that goal for myself. I saw a report on tv reported of a lady who could barely see and she had arthritis. She was in her late 90's and she could crochet by the feel of the stitch and she could barely see the colors but she could somehow tell by the feel of the yarn. And they showed the blankets and all were blended tog. And with all that she still crocheted. That's what inspired me. I hope I can be like her.

jaye

I also have that goal for myself. I saw a report on tv reported of a lady who could barely see and she had arthritis. She was in her late 90's and she could crochet by the feel of the stitch and she could barely see the colors but she could somehow tell by the feel of the yarn. And they showed the blankets and all were blended tog. And with all that she still crocheted. That's what inspired me. I hope I can be like her.

jaye

A good friend of mine has a customer who has really bad eye sight but that woman knits up a storm! she is 92 ;)

What a wonderful lady!

My mom is 87, and she has very, very bad tremors. She can't sign her name or pick up a glass of water without it splashing every where, yet she crochets. Her stitches are flawless, it just takes her twice as long as it used to. That is determination!

What an inspirational story, as are those posted by some of you members about elderly relatives. My sis has a MIL who is always laid up in bed, but when I gave her a crocheted scarf for Christmas she lit up talking about all the stuff she used to crochet. I'm hoping someone back there takes her yarn shopping and helps her find patterns she can read (she's just barely functionally literate). Thanks for posting this link, it's truly inspirational.

Joyce

:jumpyay I want to grow up just like her! I've made a few blankets for Project Linus. I think that's one of the best things out there. My goal this year is 6 blankets, I couldn't imagine being able to do 12 every 3 months, premie or otherwise!!

Archived