Blue Star Afghan CAL

MiztrezzLyn

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, Burgandy and a cream color would be awesome =)

This weekend has been bad...I decided (while looking at another thread that brought up something about "How clean is your house") that I needed to go through and do some deep cleaning. So I haven't done much with my Blue Star Afghan this weekend.

I enlisted the help of my hubby too hehe I just needed to declutter some areas and work on the dreaded bathroom. I found out about this flylady site and that got me tumbling into other areas with being very organized and setting aside REAL time every day to make sure my house gets the cleaning it needs instead of just sitting around and crocheting LOL

So...I'm going to finish up some of the "neglected" areas in my house and then I can have some time to work on this some more tonight =)

and welcome to the CAL judi =)

Navy, White, light purple, pale pink, regal blue

They sound like they'll be pretty together!:yes

Looking forward to the pics down the road...

I found out about this flylady site and that got me tumbling into other areas with being very organized and setting aside REAL time every day to make sure my house gets the cleaning it needs instead of just sitting around and crocheting LOL

So...I'm going to finish up some of the "neglected" areas in my house and then I can have some time to work on this some more tonight =)

and welcome to the CAL judi =)

I also rejoined flylady and feel much better about my house now. The other day I cleaned the fridge - inside, outside, underneath and with DH's help) behind it! Plus I did most of the rest of the kitchen...more to do, but it felt so good to get that much done. Working the flylady way will leave me more time to crochet:D since I'll always be on top of things. It's doable:cheer ...keep at it!

And I'm really looking forward to getting my yarn for this CAL and getting the first squares made!

I agree about Flylady. It really does free you to crochet more when stuff is in order around you.

I slip here and there but now I can't stand it :wlol so i fix and tidy and then I can go like mad.

i'm dying here waiting for my book from ebay!!!!! can someone help me with the color choices i want to go with??? i want there to be maybe off white, and tans,,but then i want there to be icy turquise and blue greens in there somewhere...for some reason i feel really intimidated in picking the colors becuase they seem like they are going to be such an important choice in the finshed afghan...i know the contrast in going to be a huge part of it,,any help would be appeciated...not too good with picking the color part of it!!! thanks,,,i forgot to mention even a dk brown in there somewhere would be ok for contrast....

i'm dying here waiting for my book from ebay!!!!! can someone help me with the color choices i want to go with??? i want there to be maybe off white, and tans,,but then i want there to be icy turquise and blue greens in there somewhere...for some reason i feel really intimidated in picking the colors becuase they seem like they are going to be such an important choice in the finshed afghan...i know the contrast in going to be a huge part of it,,any help would be appeciated...not too good with picking the color part of it!!! thanks,,,i forgot to mention even a dk brown in there somewhere would be ok for contrast....

How about a cream, Aqua, dark Turquiose, Blue-green, and Black

Wendy. Those colors are very pretty.. I am thinking maybe a lighter brown. I don't have my book with the pattern yet, so I don't know how much contrast you want between the browns. But that is what I am thinking when I look at your yarn.

I would say a camel, carmel, mohagany, or cherry would work with the colors you have there. If you are having trouble matching these, How about clipping a piece of the light to reddish brown section of the try to match those. You know looking at the paper holding the yarn, I wonder what a dusty rose would look like. It might be just the color.

Thanks everyone for your ideas. I might try your idea Tracey and see what I can come up with. Anyone with the book can I do just the 4 colors or do I need the 5th color.

could I go with Black or would that be going too dark against the dark brown.

Geeze I wish my book would hurry up. Its so hard to do this without looking at the pattern.

Archived