Blue Star Afghan CAL

MiztrezzLyn

I hope it gets there soon, I don't want you should wear out your hand and arm shaking the fist.:D You are going to need it to do this CAL. I started mine tonight, but as I sneeked a peek ahead, I got scared :eek and come back to the beginning. :lol :lol

I will keep mmy fingers crossed everyone will get their book soon.....it is sooooooo hard to wait on a pattern.:mail

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wendy,

Do order your or get your colors now. I waited and then ordered them online. I am still waiting on the yarn. :cry. I should have ordered the yarn when I ordered the book, then maybe I wouldn't be sitting here with half of what I need to get started. My order as said it was being processed since Sunday. How long does processing take :confused I am already looking for yarn to make that other blanket with just because I am bored waiting on this yarn to get here.

going to wait till my book gets here to go and buy my yarn. I can't wait till it gets here though. I love doing squares. Not so sure about making 200+ small squares though. I will get through it though. You all may have yours done way before me though.!!!LOL

lol i wouldnt bet on that dilyca

i hope the book gets here today, my yarn has been sitting here almost a week now just waiting on that book! Darn the holidays, messing with my shipping times.

I ordered book on 12/30 and ordered yarn on 12/31, got the yarn last friday and still dont have the book!

Well, I talked to the online store I got my yarn from and it ships out today. I ordered last week. :confused Am confused as to why it took so long to box a few skeins of yarn, not like I bought 20 or 30 skeins. Anyway, they say 3 to 5 days till it is in my hands. So it looks to be sometime next week. I am going to go look for yarn I want that other blanket with. Might as well do something useful while sitting here.

I really think that you will be done with your first!LOL I still have not gotten the book. I don't think it has even been shipped yet!!!LOL:eek

Then I will have to decide on yarn. That will be fun.

What yarn are most of you using?? Where are you ordering your yarn from?? Am I full of questions or what???LOL:hook

lol i wouldnt bet on that dilyca

i hope the book gets here today, my yarn has been sitting here almost a week now just waiting on that book! Darn the holidays, messing with my shipping times.

I ordered book on 12/30 and ordered yarn on 12/31, got the yarn last friday and still dont have the book!

My book just got here!! I love this book, theres so many other afghans in here that I wanna give a try too hehe But this one is still my favorite

I am using cotton yarn, Peaches N Creme brand, that I ordered from here,http://www.elmore-pisgah.com/store-pc.htm My colors are Winterberry, Williamsburg Blue, Light Blue, Mauve, and White.

I am looking at the instructions and the instructions they use for a granny square is strange, I don't like the way they do it. I can just do the granny squares the "normal" way can't I? I just don't like how they "wrong side" and "right side" the grannies.

Unless I am missing something and have been doing grannies all wrong all along =)

I've always worked my grannies in rounds. I had another pattern that did my squares by turning, after you chained so many extra then stitching in the same stitch. Got really confusing. I *think* it's designed to keep the gap out of the round where you join.

I have my yarn - all blues, maybe cornflower as a contrast, maybe soft white (RHSS), I dunno? I love the Caron One Pound in Cape Cod Blue, but my variegated that I have from a mill ends bag (all shades of blue, but not bright stuff) is thinner, so I'll be using Windsor (RHSS) instead. I will likely use RHSS in light country blue as my light blue color, but I have to see what I can get here, match the light to my variegated, etc. I'm not starting this for several months, so I haven't ordered my book. Depending on when I start it, I'll put it on my list for Mother's Day or my birthday (July)... But I'm following you ladies very closely!

Hi Mizt yes you can do them the normal way. When you say wrong side right side do you mean they say to turn the work. Turning the work does help grannies to stay straight...:lol that sounded strange.

Also the best way to do grannies on the second row is to start in the corner as normal. Do only 3 DCs then go round and when you come back to the start do the other 3DCS and instead of the chains linking them together you do a HDC and it puts you back in the chains ready to start the next row. No more having to slip stitch to the chain in the corner to start the next row.

Well you have your book and yarn. We need you to start so we can see some pics.

:cheer :cheer GO Mizt GO... GO Mizt GO.... GOOOOOO Mizt:cheer

Penitho Im terrible at waiting. When I want something it has to be here now.

I havent worked out colors yet. Maybe I should look at that while I wait. I wanted to do blues as that is my favorite color but cant find a varigated color.

Yes Aussie, I am terrible at waiting also.............It is the pitts.

I did start mine last night, but I think as I read ahead, I am going to have to learn a few things. Has anyond made one whole square yet?? It sounds hard??? I have crocheted for over 30 yrs and this is totally new to me............was just wondering if it is hard???

Well I got 3 big squares joined of the center sq and side sq, if that makes sense. It took a min to get how it goes but I think I got it now, I really like the way these squares join together. I am also making sure all my ends are worked over and secured as I go so I don't have to worry about weaving in ends later!

It will probably take a while to do all those squares but I am really psyched about it =) I like how its turning out so far.

I was sooo bad today, As I stated earlier, I was bored at work, so went looking for yarn to do the Battle of the Blocks afghan. I found the yarn and colors I wanted at joanne's and it was on sale. Well, as I was thumbing thru the pattern book, I found another pattern that was to die for. And it would match my living room colors to a tee. Plus there is patterns for two pillows as well. I ordered the yarn for it as well. Great part, the place is local so I should have my yarn quickly. See told you I was bad today, but I saved money, so I'm excused. :lol

Tracey I will have to buy locally. Buying online will cost too much even though I do like all the caron simply soft yarn I can see for auction on ebay.

I do love that yarn.

I still wanted to do blues. I have a varigated yarn here and it has blues in it but it also has a bit of purple. Do you think I could use this with my blues. Would I have to incorporate some purple.

Wendy, My colors include pink, light purple, navy blue, medium blue and white. So why don't you go ahead and put a purple in there if your varigated has a purple in it. I think it will look fine if you can find the right purple.

Oh I bought another car 99 Pontiac Grand Am. I should get next week.

Well, I tried to work on this some more today, but Tristan has been constipated all day (I know, sorry TMI) and has been literally crawling/climbing/jumping all over me and not in a good mood, so I haven't gotten very much completed.

I have 2 FULL squares finished and 2 other squares with only the center and side squares attached (waiting on corner squares). I have to say I don't *really* like the way they attach, it doesnt seem very sturdy and has kind of big gapes. I may have to go back later on and stitch them or something, we'll see.

Another problem, I thought the light color in the variegated was white, it is not :x It's like light light blue. I don't like that at all, but...I already bought the yarn and I've already started and I can't order anymore yarn.

How are the rest of you doing/coming along? Those that were waiting on books/yarn, any news?

Mizt I think that color will look ok. Once you have done some squares you will be able to see.

As for attaching the squares, I always sewed them together until Julie in the crochet quilt and bedspread bonanza explained how to single crochet the squares together. I like this a lot better.

As for my book, I keep watching the letterbox but I know that it wont get here till next week.

Archived