Blue Star Afghan CAL

MiztrezzLyn

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all:clap

I promised to post some pictures of the progress I've made on my afghan. I took some pictures of some of the squares. First picture is a picture of my yarn together (See how pretty the center pull balls are my hubby did? LOL). I'm still really annoyed about the blues, but that can't be helped now :no

bluestaryarn.jpg

Here is a picture of 4 of the squares completed (its the first set of 9 patches after the middle star.

bluestar2.jpg

And here are some of the squares I am working on now, adding the corner squares to them. Then I need to edge them and then I can get started on the middle of the afghan.

bluestar.jpg

I hope these pictures are not too big. They seem to be alright on my computer.

I did all my cleaning this morning and my house is super shiny and I am having a great time crocheting while Tristan naps and knowing that there's nothing to do!!! Except crochet :hook Its a good feeling, none of that nagging guilt that there's some dishes that need to be done or vacuuming LOL

I have not done any house cleaning today. I really should, but I am going to spend the afternoon crocheting anyhoo!!!LOL

Wendy. I do think that lighter brown will be better then black with the other colors you have, I do hope you can get enough.

Mitz Yours is coming along beautiful.

I so want my book and to be able to get yarn for this one.

Lyn - I don't know what you're upset about - those colors look fabulous together, AND I don't think they're that close AT ALL! One looks more bluish, the other more gray.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to do the afghan the way it calls. I bought my variegated as a bag of mill ends and CANNOT find it elsewhere. I only have 16 oz of it, and I am going to need more just to finish the afghan, let alone make it larger! :(

I am thinking of creating my own pattern - sort of a ship's compass star, large one in the middle and smaller ones on the outside. Then I can change up the colors to match the amount of yarn that I have. (The others I can buy more of).

Unless, of course - I find more of the variegated! We can hope, right?

Well, I still haven't received my yarn for this CAL. This was the first and the last time I am ordering yarn online when I want to start a project. I call Herrschners and I find out today that the white was on backorder and that the navy is on backorder til 2-12-07. No calls~No emails~nothing, I am so upset. On their site it says everything has shipped, but the tracking number doesn't work. I ordered the yarn on the 6th/ 7th of January and they still haven't gotten one skien of yarn to me. I told the girl that 2/12 was too long a wait for the navy, So I cancelled that color and had her check to see if they had Garnet was in stock. Yes they did, so the White and the Garnet will ship on Wednesday and I should have the rest of the yarn next Monday, So now my colors are Dusty Pink, Garnet, Bilberry Tweed, White and Amethyst. And I am going to pray that I like this color combo when I get all of it here. I guess I can start on the small square with some of the yarns, there are 200+ squares to make, that is if it ever gets here. :(

I promised to post some pictures of the progress I've made on my afghan. I took some pictures of some of the squares.

I did all my cleaning this morning and my house is super shiny and I am having a great time crocheting while Tristan naps and knowing that there's nothing to do!!! Except crochet :hook Its a good feeling, none of that nagging guilt that there's some dishes that need to be done or vacuuming LOL

Beautiful colors:clap !! Very pretty work, too...and I cleaned and grocery shopped this AM so I've been able to work on joining squares for my long-neglected old wip without guilt, too!

Lyn - I really like your colors. I dont think you have a problem with the blues. They look great together. The squares you have done so far look excellent.

Wheres that postman, I want my book.:angry

Krystal - I hope you can find some more of your varigated yarn. How much did we need.

Lyn - Wow your centrepull balls look a lot better than mine. Your husband does a great job.

Tracey - That is so annoying isnt it. Why is it taking so long and isnt it typical that they dont let you know about the delay. I have my yarn I just dont have the book. You have the book but not your yarn...hmm together we could make this thing... hehe:lol

Judi - well done on getting some stuff done so you can do this cal.;)

Wendy, i love the colours so far? what about checking some "Southwest" images at google for the colours

I was thinking something with a "silver" hint or a desert rose colour. When i see turquoise and brown, I see desert southwest... love them

Wendy, a little more work on the cat quilt and I'll feel more comfortable in starting the Blue Star. I feel like I'm juggling a lot - but it's great therapy!

Lyn~ I am soo bad, your colors are beautiful, I was on a rant about the my yarn's mishap and forgot to mention that your blues look great together. Sorry about that. I am having a "Me" day I guess.

LOL awesome Wendy =) I think the light brown would go great with it. Is it difficult for you to get more skeins (if needed)?

Lady: no problem hehe I tend to get like that sometimes. I really hope everything you're waiting for gets to you soon!

q8: the yarn is peaches & creme (its 100% cotton) I love working with it and the way the squares are feeling, it will be heaver than a normal afghan but thats okay with me =) My worry is just the wash/care for it..but, whats done is done and I am stubborn =)

I have to agree with everyone else, the light brown goes so well with other colors you have picked out. And I so happy you got your book. I unfortunately left my BS at work, and can't even work on it this evening. But I sold a car today, so that's a plus. Yippee I can afford more yarn. Now ya'll don't get too far ahead of me. I will just sit here and read one of pattern books and listen to my old cat meow.

Ok everyone here are some colors I have. Would any of these be good for the 5th color.

Red, lighter brown or green.

MVC-029F.jpg

Here are the other colors

Wendy. I still say that the light brown is better then the Red.

Archived