Blue Star Afghan CAL

MiztrezzLyn

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peni - great choices!

I think I have made my decision. :think Well, I hope so! I am going to do the BLUE STAR! I am going to wait to see if I can find "country blue" at either of the 3 LYS (local being a loose term - I have to wait to get there, it's about 50 minutes away). If they do have it, I'll buy some of that to make my light blue. If not, I'll stick with the Caron Azure. I will substitute the light blue for where the yellow should go at the 2nd round of the star. If it's too small, I will put in my 8-point stars as a border round and make this thing nice and big. I want it comfy for a king sized bed, and that would mean it needs to be 75x75 just to cover the top. So, I'll need extra and then some overhang.

So, if you ladies can forgive me for being indecisive, can I join you?!?!?! :devil

Penti: Your colors are great together! I love the varigated you chose.

Tracey: What a frustrating experience for you. I hope you get what you need very soon.

Krystal: I totally understand you wavering between colors. I'm doing the same thing with mine, only with greens. I cannot find a third green to go with Frosty Green, Aspen Print and Medium Thyme (all RH) and Caron's one-pounder Cream. Right now I'm thinking of using RH's Warm Brown...perhaps. I really want a third green though.

Gleda, You really need another green that is brighter or darker than the

frosty green, so I agree with Diane maybe med sage would look great. I looked on the website at the color chart and it is hard to tell what the color really is in reallife.

Wendy. On the Herrchners site with the RH yarn colors it shows pale green wth the sages. It is hard to tell when the swatches are so small, I think I am going to go to Hobby Lobby today and I will see if I can see them together.

OK.. I am looking on the colors of Red Heart that Wendy left the link for. I am thinking I want to go with Wedgewood with Rose Pink and Country Rose. How many other colors do we need to go with it?? I hope that they have these colors at Hobby Lobby today.

Archived