Prayer Shawl

Navymomx2

I made this Blessed Mother Prayer Shawl for my mother in law for Christmas, I used baby soft yarn. I got the pattern out of Annies Favorite Crochet December 2006 it's by Kim Guzman here on the group.

My MIL has limited space as she is in Assisted Living. She can't go to Church anymore as it's to hard for her but every Sunday Father from the Church comes over to say Mass. When I seen this I knew I had to make it for her.

Happy Crocheting

Pam

IM000644.jpg

IM000643.jpg

I have recently had a few PM's asking abt the pattern for this shawl. I am pleased so many people really like it. Kim really did a beautiful job in designing it.

For those who may not have caught the info above the original pattern is in Annies Favorite Crochet December 2006. I understand it may be a hard magazine to find. I would keep an eye out on sites such as ebay, maybe check with your local library, they may have it or can get it on interlibrary loan, maybe ask here on the Ville, someone may have it for sale or will gift it to you. Please don't ask anyone to make copies of the pattern for you as this is a violation of Crochetville and of Copyright laws.

If you go to page 3, post 28, Kim has a new pattern designed that may be a good substitute, I took a look and it is beautiful also.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, It was really a great pattern to work with. I just found that I had to really enlarge the graph as the one in the book is small. At least then I had a working copy to mark off where I was at.

I knew it was perfect for my Mother in Law since she loves the Blessed Mother so much.

Yes, Kim is a very talented designer, just like so many on here.

Thanks again

Happy Crocheting

Pam

• 3 weeks later...

That's wonderful, Pam! I feel so honored that you chose this to make for your mother-in-law. And, wow! You did it so fast! I'm sorry I didn't say anything sooner. I didn't see your post until today. But, I'll be blogging about it soon. I love to see finished things people have made. I also made one for my mother-in-law and the one from the publication will be hanging on my wall when I get it back from Annie's Attic. :yay

Archived