Prayer Shawl

Navymomx2

• 1 year later...

I wanted to make a post to this thread because I know that some people may be looking for the pattern for this shawl. It was first published in the December 2006 issue of Annie's Favorite Crochet magazine. It was then available on epatternscentral and later on freepatterns.com. Unfortunately, it is very hard to find now and I see it only occasionally on eBay.

Due to high demand and numerous emails, I have decided to design a new shawl. The original shawl was based on Our Lady of Guadalupe. The new shawl is based on Mary. Although I haven't completed the shawl, I have posted about it in my blog here:

http://kimguzman.bravejournal.com/entry/25641

This may be a nice alternative for those who are unable to obtain the Blessed Mother Prayer Shawl pattern.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh My....My jaw literally dropped when I saw the picture! How absolutely beautiful! I learned to knit and crochet in 5th grade (30+ years ago:() but never got beyond squares and rectangles so projects like yours amaze me.

I recently began a Prayer Shawl ministry at our church and found your site today via google. I'm looking forward to gleening information and inspiration from all the great minds here :manyheart

Wow, thanks everyone for your oh so kind comments, I can't believe that this thread has been revived. Recently I have had a few PM's asking abt this shawl and trying to find the pattern. I think I will try to edit the first post to try to help peole with that a little bit since many don't read every page of a post. I see Kim has even tried to help on that in post 28 on page 3.

Thanks again, it is truely an amazingly beautiful pattern and my MIL did love it.

WOW just enough enough to say. I am trying to start a prayer shawl ministry also. I will never be able to do something like that. I have been crocheting for almost 30 years and just not starting to learn to read directions. Most of the things I have done I just winged it.

I just started the original one a couple of hours ago! Now I'm waffling...Our Lady of Guadelupe, or the new one...

Why not both? :devil

I wanted to let you know that I have just about finished the Holy Mother Filet Shawl. It's definitely larger than the Our Lady of Guadalupe shawl. I haven't got a good photo yet, but I hope to get that this weekend. My daughter just put the fringe on for me this afternoon so we're one step closer. :) (The photo was taken last night so no fringe on it yet, but it's there now.)

SmallGraphic.jpg

• 1 year later...

Beautiful! Your mother will treasure it. I bought a Guadalupe Virgin Mary pattern for the same reason, to make for my mother. I really need to do it, I have had the pattern for over a year. Yours has inspired me to get going after I finish the afghan I am doing for my daughter.

Excellent job.

TFS,

Linda

Just went to the website and copied the pattern and graph......Thank You and Thank You!!!

My Mom and Mom in-law are both gone but my husbands Mom's sister in-law is going to be 80 years young this year and I know she would love it. I haven't done anything so intricate in some time so will give it my best effort.

It is divine!

KathyWho

Archived