Barbie's Leaving town

Katchkan

Oh how I love this time of year. I have a good excuse to play with dolls. I have a Barbie that will be leaving town to go live with my Granddaughter. Decided she needed to have a nice outfit to travel in. Couldn't find any patterns that were what I wanted. Something simple but nice done in thread. So I just grabbed my hook and some thread and went to work. This is just a simple little halter dress, Topped off with a shawl and a bag. Nothing fancy but just right for a young lady to play with. So now she is ready for her trip down south. Hopefully she will get a good reception in her new home.

th_Barbie4.jpgth_Barbie1.jpgth_Barbie2.jpg

That is so nice. I love crocheting doll clothes. I think it stems back to my childhood and wanting more doll clothes than the one it came in... :hook

Your grand daughter will love it!

Tina

That outfit is so cute. Just perfect for a trip south. I am sure your Granddaughter will love it. Isn't it great to have an excuse to play with dolls?:hook

I need an excuse now to keep buying Barbie? Guess I'll tell my hubby I'm collecting them for the kids for their inheritance... Yeah, that's it. :D

They look so lovely! And they come out just right for Barbie in thread. You are a genius.

I'm sure you know this; you could totally sell the patterns, the finished products, etc. These are definitely something people would be interested in, I think. There are lots of Barbie fans out there and you do such lovely work.

Thank you everyone, as always you are way too kind.

They look so lovely! And they come out just right for Barbie in thread. You are a genius.

I'm sure you know this; you could totally sell the patterns, the finished products, etc. These are definitely something people would be interested in, I think. There are lots of Barbie fans out there and you do such lovely work.

I don't think I will be getting into the Barbie designing at this stage of the game. I just had fun making this outfit. It was fun just to crochet and not worry about remembering what I just did.That and I did this one out of love for my Granddaughter who loves her Barbies.

Originally posted By Mom w/a Motif: That is so nice. I love crocheting doll clothes. I think it stems back to my childhood and wanting more doll clothes than the one it came in... :hook

I too have fond memories of creating clothes for my Barbie. I really didn't like playing with her per say, But I loved to try making her outfits. Most fell apart but I had fun and learned alot.

Originally posted By Shell: very pretty! i like that she already has matching heels lol

I have a stash of Barbie Accessories that I have picked up at yard sales and the thrift stores just for this sort of thing.

Now that brings back memories! For a birthday gift, I once received a crocheted Barbie dress. It was mint green and made Barbie look like a southern belle. sigh* You're giving a gift that will last a lifetime.

• 1 year later...

okay Kathy --- now you've done it.........incredible doilies that I can only conceive of in my dreams....and now gorgeous Barbie clothes too??? not fair, not fair, not fair :devil Lovely, per usual, and now I am officially jealous. Don't ever stop sharing. :hug

Archived