Three-Color Enchanting Doily

The Shrone

enchanting4-thumb.jpgenchanting1-thumb.jpgenchanting2-thumb.jpg

All images are clickable

My latest PK doily that is now pinned and blocking is Enchanting from Doilies With Charm. The materials used are Wood Violet, Sage, and Scent of Lavender, all size 20 Opera thread. The doily measures about 14 inches in diameter.

I got the idea to make it 3 colors just because I couldn't decide which purple color to use, so I thought why not use both? The green makes for a nice accent.

~ Lori

I just love it! I haven't made a doily in a while, but when I finish the shawl and teapot cozy, I'm going back to thread, and I love the idea of making these colorful doilies. You have a real talent for putting colors together.

Beautiful!!:cheer :cheer :cheer

I have never tried Opera thread and have to mail order for it. If you don't mind my asking, how do you like it?

Absolutely beautiful!:yes:yay

Out of all of the threads made by Coats & Clark, the only one I think is worth the money is Opera. It's strong, doesn't split, has a nice sheen, and the colors are rich and deep. Every doily I've made with Opera turns out great. I highly recommend using it! I'm partial to the size 20 though over the size 10.

~ Lori

Lori, you're like.. the "doily queen!" lol you do such fabulous work and you seem to whip through a doily at an unnatural speed and you get such wonderful results. Gorgeous doily as always

WOW! That is so gorgeous. Lori, you not only have amazing skills of crocheting, but you have a knack for colors in your doilies that art majors would envy. Before your work I was a cream&white kind of doily girl, but you have single-handedly inspired and awed me with your doilies that look like they just bloomed in radiant colors. Wow.

Archived