3 Day Charity Square-A-Long!

LavenderBear

Don't feel bad Fal, I haven't gotten any done yet. I am just now done with work though so am going to go home and put my comfy clothes on and crochet away. I know there is no way I'll get 17 done. I'm shooting for more like 5, depends on how much my kids let me get done.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I do stay at home and I got 16 done so far (it's heading to 6:00pm) but I find that I am now "back at square one".

The second square that I wanted to finishwas not working for a contest. the yarn was fighting me for every stitch and my wrists started complaining. So.. I am going to make more of the granny a la harper that I started with this morning. I can always find a colour to use for the centre squares and the white goes quickly.

I may try the easy daisy pattern or the hexagon motif that I found today.

So, for today... I'm at 16 squares so far with a couple more possible. I need to find another square though.

i am really liking the fact that so many are signing in with totals and items of interest.

I am up to 45. have been up since about 5:00 am (pacific time) and it is now almost 4:30 ..I have done just about nothing but crochet. I feel revived. Needed a day to just veg. Might get a few more tonight.

I am up to 45. have been up since about 5:00 am (pacific time) and it is now almost 4:30 ..I have done just about nothing but crochet. I feel revived. Needed a day to just veg. Might get a few more tonight.

wow..maybe I will stop now

what size squares are you making?

Hello everyone!!!!!!! You guys have been doing some SERIOUS square making today!!! I got home from classes about 20 minutes ago and am about to dive into making some more squares before I head to bed! I'll post how many I've completed before I shut the the computer down! And I'll be back after I take our dog to the vet for her blood work in the morning!

Here's some questions for you guys . . .

1) What colors are you making your squares?

2) Are your squares solid in color or multi-colored?

3) What will you make with your squares?

4) Did you set a personal goal? If so, how many?

5) Isn't it GREAT to get together and make items for charity together?

I'm off to make some squares and watch some Nick @ Nite! BBL!

I got a bit of a late start, I wound up having to work today & it was kinda busy since it's Monday.. so I only got 2 done at work. Made a few more after dinner, so I'm only up to 9, looks like I'll hafta try & make up some time tomorrow. My squares are 8½" :think regular ol' RH WW, H hook, shades of browns & creams.. some solid, some multi.. I have set no goals, I have NO clue what I'm gonna make with 'em, I guess that will come when I find out how many I have when I'm done :lol And yes, I love contributing to charity this way... I never seem to be able to do it financially, so I figure this is almost as good! :manyheart

I thought I would have more energy tonight, despite my long day, but I was wrong! I am SO ready for bed and am going to sign off for the night! I made 13 squares today, and my goal was 12! :yay Here are my answers to the questions I asked . . .

1) What colors are you making your squares? So far peach, baby blue, white, and raspberry.

2) Are your squares solid in color or multi-colored? So far the peach and baby blue ones are solid, and the white and raspberry are together to make multi-colored squares.

3) What will you make with your squares? I am making the squares to sew together for scarves to match the loomed foster kids' hats!

4) Did you set a personal goal? If so, how many? My goal is 12 squares per day, so 36 in all for the three days!

5) Isn't it GREAT to get together and make items for charity together? Even though we are spread out all over the world, I LOVE that we can get together here online and work toward the same goal of making charity items! The internet has definitely been a blessing in this department!

Okay, I'll chat with you guys again tomorrow! Keep up the GREAT work!!! :ghug

1) What colors are you making your squares? Colors so far: Cornmeal, bikini, Soon to be used: Hot pink, purple and turqua all RH SS

2) Are your squares solid in color or multi-colored? Both

3) What will you make with your squares? ghans for Project Rest Assured

4) Did you set a personal goal? If so, how many? Enough to make at least 1 ghan (49 squares)

Yes, and loving every minute of it....:manyheart

Hi Kelly

Yes its great doing this. I am having so much fun with it. My 12 year old daughter has been watching me do this and has now wanted to learn to crochet which is great.

1) What colors are you making your squares? I am only using light blue and will use a dark color to crochet them together putting one more row in as I do this.

2) Are your squares solid in color or multi-colored? Solid

3) What will you make with your squares? ghan for Reynella Lodge Home for the aged.

4) Did you set a personal goal? If so, how many? 30 squares. Im up to 16 squares and its day 2 nighttime so Im keeping on track to get to this figure. I will obviously have to do more to make the ghan.

How is everyone else doing. I wonder how many we will do all together.

Wendy

Here's some questions for you guys . . .

1 and 2) My sqaures are all different! I have a mixture of solid and multi-colored, green, brown, cornmeal, off white, periwinkle and grey. I get bored with the same thing over and over so I am trying to mix up the colors and combo's with out giving myself too many ends to sew in!

3) I'm sending my squares to you Lavenderbear...lol... I don't have a clue what you'll do with them!

4) My personal goal is 17 or more per day. Total 51.

5) I love this CAL! Yes it is wonderful to see so many people working toward helping others. For those of you who aren't such fast crocheters and don't have the luxury of being home, don't feel intimidated by those big #'s some folks have... the giving comes from the heart, and all ends up blessing someone else... so just keep doing what we're doing!

Ok, I'm off to try for today's goal!:manyheart

First off HI ANNA!!!! Glad to see you here!!!!

I got 11 squares done yesterday, 3-6inch 5-8 inch and 3-10 inch

here are my answers to the questions

1) What colors are you making your squares? Different Verigated

2) Are your squares solid in color or multi-colored? They are solid of the same verigated.

3) What will you make with your squares? 6 inch are for dog snugglies, 8 inch for blankets for various charities, 10 inch are cat snugglies, and 12 inch are for lapghans for vetrans.

4) Did you set a personal goal? no If so, how many?

5) Isn't it GREAT to get together and make items for charity together? It's wonderful, I especially love making squares, I collect them and when I have a bunch I put a bunch of items together!

WOW. I'm impressed with you guys :nworthy I feel so not worthy. I got home last night from work and was ready to crochet away. Of course my dh wanted to go to poker so that left me at home with the kids by myself and I just could not get it together. Every time I sat down, they wanted something. And tonight is trick or treating and I work all day so probably won't get much done tonight. I'll just rest up my hands today so I can crochet away tomorrow. My goal was to get 15 done altogether, so like I said :nworthy (not worthy). I have only 3 done so far.

Oh well, it is for a good cause so even 1 is better than none. :D

I'm just sooo awestruck by you guys. You are my heros.:fame

1) What colors are you making your squares? rainbow varigated, turquiose, purple, lime green, and bright yellow

2) Are your squares solid in color or multi-colored? Multi-colored

3) What will you make with your squares? Sending my squares to Kelly for her to put together ghans for Project Rest Assured

4) Did you set a personal goal? If so, how many? 15. I see Kelly needs 49 to make a ghan though so it might be my personal goal to see how many I can get done this weekend so I can send her enough for a ghan.

5) Isn't it GREAT to get together and make items for charity together? This is my first time and I love it. It is so fun to have others working on the same thing. :clap

You guys again are making excellent progress. I will be cheering you on while I'm at work :cheer

What colors are you making your squares?...all different colors

Are your squares solid in color or multi-color?...solids one color,varigated only that varigated

What will you make with your squares?...I'm sending mine off to Denny in Pa.she is making an afghan for Robert's family

Did you set a personal goal,if so how many...yes,8 to 10,12 inch ones are so slow going for me

Isn't it Great to get together and make items for charity together.. yes its so Great,I find myself mostly on the charity board at the Ville,trying to make a difference one square at a time.

Linda

Well a little update:

I've got 8 done so far, although my first 3 are a little under 6" the other 5 are a little over 6". :think So for the contest I guess I only have 5 :D But I hope to get more done today, don't have any plans but to crochet,crochet, crochet!!! We have trick-or-treat tonight so I don't think I'll get a lot done tonight.

Here's my answers to the questions:

Claret, Soft Navy and Gold (RH SS) 6" squares

Solid

I'll probably make a lapghan and donate to a local nursing home or maybe a doggie blanket for the dog shelter

not really

I think its great. This is the first time I've done anything like this and I'm having a lot of fun trying to get as many done as I can. I'm not sure if I'll get the most done, but it's nice to work with everbody to help different charities.

Everbody's doing great so far! I think we're going to have a big number of squares when this is done! :cheer

Bad news for me today. I really, really, really have to finish 1.5 Pink Hearts scarves (for breast Cancer Awareness - from Knitty) I have promised myself that a friend of mine (an 84 yr old survivor) will have one for every member of her survivors' group and she needs these last two before Thursday.

I should be able to finish them today and get back in here tomorrow. I might even get a square or two in today but priorities are there for a purpose. Friends who have survived are at the top of my list right now.

Archived