3 Day Charity Square-A-Long!

LavenderBear

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is working - I have 6 squares at 10 to 8:00am (EST) and I was planning on 7 a day to match my last contest average. this could be good

How are others doing with the squares?

on a good day I can make 20 6" squares a day...who knows what I can make on a bad day such as this when my hook just flies. Of course I am homeschooling so maybe 20 is going to be a challenge

the 20 a day was during the summer when my oldest were camping

I'm getting ready to go to work:( so unfortunately I will not be able to start until tonight. But you guys are doing great so far :yay . I know there is no way I'm going to get anywhere close to 15-20 a day. Maybe I should just call in sick :lol . Ahh, wouldn't that be nice but better not.

Keep up the good work guys and hopefully I can do a little catch up tonight.

Hello! I see some of us have gotten started already and we have some cheerleaders to boot! :cheer Yeaaaaaaaaaah! :clap

I have my yarn and hook ready to go and just need to finish getting dressed so I can get started! I got my homework done at 2:00 a.m. so I could relax this morning before I head out to my looooooooooong day of school today!

Okay, I'm off to finish getting ready, get my tea going, and find a comfy place to get started! It feels GOOD to have some crochet time this morning, something I haven't been able to do much of (or knitting) lately!

Let's GO, GO, GO!!!! :hook:yarn:hook

I just finished my second square. I'm doing granny squares with WW yarn and a G hook about 6 1/2" big. I had to get the kids off to school (one in middle school and one in elementary) so I didn't get much done yet. I hope to get at least 10 done today!:cheer

I've got 3 done now but I'm off to take a shower. I've got some running around to do today. I'll be able to get some more done while I'm waiting to pick up the kids from school. I'll check back in later! :hook:cheer

Ok, I have 6 squares done so far! I am taking turns crocheting and cleaning up until I have to leave for my two classes today!

Keep up the GREAT work everyone!!! :yay

Hi Traci, you asked what I'm going to do when I use up my whole yarn stash. What a silly question!!! Buy more yarn of course! :blush I just want to use up my yarn stash once in my life. Like some people want to climb Mt. Everest just because its there. I want to use up the stash just because its there. I really think I can do it. By the way everyone, I haven't started any of my squares yet. I'm homeschooling, cleaning bathrooms, sorting coupons and then doing paper work for my husbands business. But my one daughter has a ballet class for an hour today so maybe I can get started then.

Karin

Hi Traci, you asked what I'm going to do when I use up my whole yarn stash. What a silly question!!! Buy more yarn of course! :blush Karin

:laughroll :laughroll :laughroll Whew... I was worried...LOL!!! I think that's a formidible challenge for most of us! Maybe someday I'll be that ambitious!

Ok, it's time to close up shop for a bit so that I can eat lunch and head out to class! I've got 10 squares done now and plan to work on them some more when I get home tonight! You guys crochet away while I'm gone for the next 10 hours! :hook:yarn:hook I'd MUCH RATHER stay home from school today, but I just can't!

Bye for now! Be back later! :drive:autumn:pilgrim

I am amazed at how well this is going this time.

I completed my 12 white squares to complete one laprobe that I had been keeping for this challenge. (i had three squares in a bright colour that I started on the bus ride home with the bright Rose yarn)

I have now completed the 12 centres (granny's daughters) for my next laprobe squares and completed one of those as well.

that's 13 squares just after lunch. could get a couple more done but don't want to ruin my wrists for the next 2 days.

I am loving this contest this time out. Maybe because I only have to put on the push for 3 days this time.

Hi everyone,

I see you have all made a great start. I did 10 squares yesterday which was pretty good seeing as I work all day. I much rather be home crocheting.

Day 2. I will see if I can beat my 10 squares today....

Keep going everyone

Wendy

:clap YAY!! :cheer I made my goal of 17 with a little time to spare! My night will get insane from here out so if I get even one more done it will be amazing!! LOL!

How's everyone else doing??:think

Archived