3 Day Charity Square-A-Long!

LavenderBear

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am still crocheting today as my mom watched my children so I could stay in bed all day..resting, running to the bathroom while crocheting...

It is not quite 6 pm and I am up to 97...I will post first thing tomorrow how many I can finish by midnight.

I didn't do anymore this evening, so my total is

15 - 6" squares -

I think that would make a good size for a doggie blanket for the shelter or something. I'm going to start to join them tomorrow and then I will post a pic.

Everyone did a great job. :cheer This was a lot of fun and I can't wait till the next Square-A-Long. I think I might try a different pattern next time. :hook

I'm about to call it quits for today, thot I'd better come post 1st...

I've been a bit of a slacker, but I made a few... 9½ yesterday & 20½ today, which brings the grand total to 39 - 8½" squares. I think I'll start assembling something tomorrow, will let y'all know what it'll be as soon as I figure it out! :lol

Hello everyone! I have finished with the squares I am making and beat my goal of 36! I made 47 squares in all! I have enough to make almost 6 foster scarves, which I will probably piece together this weekend! :hook

I can't wait to see what our total will be!! Be sure and post your totals ASAP so I can get our GRAND TOTAL and determine who will be our winners! We are all winners, no matter how many or few we've made!!! :yes

The goal I had set was 21 based on making 7 per day (basically what I did last time).

I actually made thirty-four 8" squares which will be enough for 2.66 lapghans. (I have the 5 centres done for the last .34 squares).

I did also make one Pink Hearts scarf for the Breast Cancer Awareness but that was with pointy sticks.

so my total is 34 - 8-inch squares. My wrists are telling me the game is over now. :hook:D

Total =75 - 6" squares

Goal was 49, enough for one ghan for Prject Rest Assured, I will still work on them until I reach 98 enough for two ghans:hook

Thank you for helping me bust my stash, :yarn 7 skeins in total.:manyheart

Looking for to the next one:yes :yay:yes

I have a total of 25 squares!!!! :cheer

14-6 inch

6-8 inch

3-10 inch

2-12 inch

YEAH!!!

I'm so proud of everyone on this CAL!! I can't wait for the next one!

Hey, does anyone here make buttons? I would be cool to have one that just says Charity Squares CAL that we can use each time we have one! Just a thought! :think (I'm a button/blinkie JUNKIE!)

I did 70 3" squares for a baby blanket to send a young lady I know that just had a preemie...she is my DD's SIL and the baby boy was born on Hallloween 9 weeks early. Not a perfect start to life...but he is in a NICU and all things will be put into God's hands

I actually got 4 more done last night for a total of 29! Yay! Ok LB, send me your addy and I'll send you my squares!

This was fun, I'll be looking for the next one! :hook

I was just wondering if we could make some "Equivalent" rules for our CALs

it takes four 3 inch squares to make a 6 inch square so could we count 3 in sq. divided by 4 to put into the total.

Likewise, a 12 inch square is equal in area to four 6 inch squares. could we multiply by four for those who make these?

Now I realize/think that you can make a 12 inch square faster than you can make four 6 inch squares but it just seems that some credit should be given to those who are working under the limit or over the limit.

I don't think we need to make alowances for 7 or 8 inch squares but what do we think about 3 inch and 12 inch ones? They are just in that perfect ratio to the six.

I need a new hook.....:hook I have a grand total of 220.Will make a total of 55 blankets for the vets and animal shelter. I did nothing but crochet squares for 3 days:devil ...Now today I have to clean hubby will be home about 3 from a 4 day run(truck driver). Hope everyone had as much fun as I did. I cant wait for the next one. :manyheart

You are so amazing. 73 12" squares a day:yay:cheer I need you to crochet for me LOL I crochet in my sleep and I will never be that good:eek.... animal shelters are a great charity..BTW the snuggles project is the Charity Blitz theme for December...maybe we can count you in on that one.

I was just wondering if we could make some "Equivalent" rules for our CALs

it takes four 3 inch squares to make a 6 inch square so could we count 3 in sq. divided by 4 to put into the total.

Likewise, a 12 inch square is equal in area to four 6 inch squares. could we multiply by four for those who make these?

Now I realize/think that you can make a 12 inch square faster than you can make four 6 inch squares but it just seems that some credit should be given to those who are working under the limit or over the limit.

I don't think we need to make alowances for 7 or 8 inch squares but what do we think about 3 inch and 12 inch ones? They are just in that perfect ratio to the six.

It takes me 10 minutes to do a 3 " squares and 12 to do a 6" square...30-50 minutes to do a 12" square...so I am not sure that we should penalize people that do smalller squares...I thought this challenge was for charity and to have fun. And I think that anyone that did even 1 has helped someone along the way...kudos for those that can do such great work

Archived