3 Day Charity Square-A-Long!

LavenderBear

Here's some questions for you guys . . .

1) What colors are you making your squares?

2) Are your squares solid in color or multi-colored?

3) What will you make with your squares?

4) Did you set a personal goal? If so, how many?

5) Isn't it GREAT to get together and make items for charity together?

1.I am making my squares in RH bikini, pink, purple and a camo and varigated baby colors

2.multi-colored

3.I am making comfortghans for our local abuse shelter to sooth the nasty things that happen to children when there is abuse in their homes and they have to leave (if anyone wants to donate squares..please pm me)

4.my personal goal is 100

5. I have been doing this for the entire time I have been on Crochetville and I try to help everyone...I love getting together with everyone else here and helping others feel better.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like we have some NEWBIES and are getting MANY squares made!!!! Don't forget - - even one square made is a job WELL DONE!! And every square made is a blessing for someone in need!! :yes

This morning I've gotten 4 squares done, so that brings my total to 17 so far! I am almost at my halfway point for my goal and will pick back up after I get back from taking our dog, Wendy, for bloodwork this morning!

Can't wait to see what our GRAND TOTAL is going to be! I have a feeling it's going to be higher than the other two times we've done these charity square-a-longs! Wouldn't that be WONDERFUL?! :c9

Okay, I've got to go get Wendy ready to go to the vet? After her staying overnight there last week I'm concerned she may not be so eager to go this time around! I don't blame her, but she's gotta go! Be back later!

I am up to 45. have been up since about 5:00 am (pacific time) and it is now almost 4:30 ..I have done just about nothing but crochet. I feel revived. Needed a day to just veg. Might get a few more tonight.

ghost.gif acrhrttcwgrl user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_513738", true);

Villager

im_yahoo.gif

I am making 12 in squares...

WOW I can only make 1 12" sq an hour...you are totally awesome to make that many in a day...I crown you Speed Crochet Queen for a day:yes:yes:yes:yay:yay:yay:cheer:cheer:cheer

Bad news for me today. I really, really, really have to finish 1.5 Pink Hearts scarves (for breast Cancer Awareness - from Knitty) I have promised myself that a friend of mine (an 84 yr old survivor) will have one for every member of her survivors' group and she needs these last two before Thursday.

I should be able to finish them today and get back in here tomorrow. I might even get a square or two in today but priorities are there for a purpose. Friends who have survived are at the top of my list right now.

Darski - This is as it should be!! That's fantastic for you to do that. My Gma is a survivor as well. She had a radical mastectomy at 83!! She's my hero... (and she's the one who got me into crocheting!) :hook

Soft cream from lion brand and RH blue jewel

They will be solid 7x9 squares.

It will be sent to Warm up america :)

Well since I have a test on thurs, hopefully i will do at least 5. The more the better!

Of course it is, and its also exciting to see how many others can make.

1...using up my stash

2...both

3...putting

1...using up my stash

2...both

3...putting 4 12 in squares together. for a local vets office and pet shelter

4...Yes I did make a goal....and have overed it already

5...It is a WONDERFUL thing to be doing anything for charity.

WOW I can only make 1 12" sq an hour...you are totally awesome to make that many in a day...I crown you Speed Crochet Queen for a day:yes:yes:yes:yay:yay:yay:cheer:cheer:cheer

I am just maikng granny squares. they work up pretty fast.:hook

Wow Darski, your amazing for doing that.

I see everyone is going well. Its wednesday morning here and Im on my 21st square. Im nearly at my goal of 30 so I hope to get there but I work 9-5 and tonight I have gym. I have really enjoyed doing this and I will just love putting these squares together for charity. I will post my total tonight...

Have a great day everyone..

Wendy

I've done two so far! Last night I was just so tired I was in bed early and so tonight I made two while handing out candy to the trick-or-treaters.

But, I did make about 7 on Sunday and I will continue after the three days and send them out for others to put together.

1) What colors are you making your squares? Denim blue and orange so far. I just grab a skein from the stash and use it up.

2) Are your squares solid in color or multi-colored? Solid

3) What will you make with your squares? I'm sending mine to others to put together. I don't like assembling them.

4) Did you set a personal goal? No

5) Isn't it GREAT to get together and make items for charity together? I love this. I'm so glad I can make these squares and then ship them out. Plus I get to use up alot of my stash.

:cheer :cheer :cheer Cheers for everyone working on squares. What time does this CAL end Wednesday?

I belive it ends midnight your time.

Hi everyone.... well its nearly midnight wednesday night and I really need to go to bed...

My final total is 28... I so wanted to get to 30 but just couldnt get there.

Im pleased with what I have done though.

This has been great and I look forward to seeing how many we all did in total and to the next charity square along....

Wendy

This will begin Monday morning (when you get up and in your time zone) until Wednesday night (when you go to bed in your time zone).

That is a quote from the first post.

Quite friankly, I was going to keep going until I went to bed from the Wed's (today's) wake up time. for me that happens to be about 2 am Thursday.

In my little pea brain it is still Wednesday until I do go to bed.

I didn't get a lot of squares done yesterday due to Halloween and making a few scrunchies for a daughter of a friend of a friend.

I got 1 8 inch done, and 2 12 inch done. So my totals so far are

3 6 inch

6 8 inch

3 10 inch

2 12 inch

which is 14 total so far. It's only 9 am Wed. here so I have TONS of time today, and have done 2 already!!! :clap

WTG everyone!!!!:yay

Hello everyone! I'm sorry I didn't come back online yesterday to let you know how many squares I got done and to encourage you along before the last day today! I got 30 squares done so far (13 on Monday and 17 on Tuesday) and my goal is 6 more by the end of the day! I will then have enough to make 4 matching scarves to the foster hats I've made! I'll need more scarves than that for the other hats, but this helps make a nice dent into the project!

CONGRATS to all of us who made one or more squares! Most of us still have another day to go, so keep on crocheting away! :yay Aussie, CONGRATS on getting 28 squares done!! WTG!!

Remember that there will be one GRAND WINNER for the person who makes the most squares and THREE OTHER WINNERS for those who post their final totals and get their name into the drawing - - no matter how few or how many you make!! So keep up the GREAT work and be sure and post your numbers before you head to bed in YOUR time zone! And, yes, I will be doing another charity square-a-long next month! :cheer

I'm off to shower and get ready for class in a little bit! Just 6 more squares to meet my goal . . . and hopefully I will be able to pass that goal up?! We shall see with the BUSY day ahead of us!

I'm at 5 so far but hopefully tonight is less busy than my other nights and I can have a total of 10. I will post before I go to bed to let everyone know where I'm at.

Everybody else is doing a great job and I'm so glad I can do this next month too. :clap

Right now I'm sitting on 21 squares. Not bad considering I have the worst case of bronchitis I've had since I was 17... I just couldn't make the goal yesterday, probably not today either. But hey, there are 21 more squares in the world for someone who needs them...:clap It's so cool to see everyone doing what they can for this! YAY for us!

Archived