3 Day Charity Square-A-Long!

LavenderBear

so I am not sure that we should penalize people that do smalller squares

I'm sorry. I didn't know that 3 inch squares counted. I thought they had to be at least 6 inches. My bad

As Emily Litella would say, "Never mind"

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are so amazing. 73 12" squares a day:yay:cheer I need you to crochet for me LOL I crochet in my sleep and I will never be that good:eek.... animal shelters are a great charity..BTW the snuggles project is the Charity Blitz theme for December...maybe we can count you in on that one.

Never heard of the Snuggles Project? Tell me more please:think

I did not say 3in squares counted nor did I think my squares counted as some grand total I only put down what I personally accomplished in the past three days and all my squares are going to women who have been beat and feel that no one care ....So to me they are the winners not I or anyone else.:D

BTW I love your squares darski

P.S I feel very bad today ......so do not take offense to anything I say

I got 6 (not 12") squares done, mainly Wednesday. Surely would have done a few more, if I hadn't been picking flowers, attending a 4 hr. visitation,(Mon.) and preparing for and attending my grandma's funeral,(Tues.) in another state. What I did accomplish was between naps in the car, and had to redo quite a few times,:bang due to not being totally awake, I guess.

Hopefully better luck next time.

Margie

Everyone is FREE to participate, no matter what size squares you are making! However, those who are making 6" or larger will be entered into the contest! Like last time, there will be a GRAND PRIZE WINNER for the one who makes the MOST CHARITY SQUARES! And then there will be a drawing of THREE OTHER WINNERS drawn among all participants, no matter how many you've made!!

Ok, first off, Lavenderbear has had an issue come up and has asked me to take over the closing of the CAL. Her dog is very sick with lukemia and has to be put down tomorrow, please keep them in your prayers.

Next order of business, I have 5 people that haven't reported totals yet, I'll give them till tomorrow evening, and then I'll draw names.

The prizes will only be drawn for people who made 6 inch squares and above, but as someone stated, the TRUE winners are the people, or animals that will benefit from the making of these squares. You ladies are truely remarkable!

Anyone wanting to send squares to Lavenderbear please PM me, I have her shipping address.

The total so far (including ALL squares made) is 873!!!!! WTG Ladies!!!:cheer:yay:clap

First I'd like to say that my thoughts and prayers go out to Lavenderbear.. I'm sorry about your dog. :( Our pets become part of the family and its hard to let one of them go. I think a :ghug might help you get through this. Take care.

I also agree that the true winners are the people or animals who recieve these blankets or other items. I think its great for all of us to work together to make the squares and send them to a charity of their choice. I think the contest motivates us to want to make as many as we can, but we all have busy lives and may not get as many as they would have liked but whatever the number it is it will help in someway.

Everyone did a great job! I look forward to next month when we do this again!:cheer

I will be praying for Lavenderbear during this time.

And, I do want to apologize for complicating things. Sorry, I'll just show up and crochet next time :hook:D

You didn't complicate anything! Don't worry about it!! :hug

Honestly, I didn't even read the rules....lol I just wanted to clairify it before the drawing of the names!:)

I think we all did GREAT !!! :yay 873 SQUARES so far!! Maybe we can shoot for 1000 next time ! :cheer

If I saved my wrists while getting near the start day, i think i could get lots more done. It would be nice to try for that number :cheer:yay

Yeah I hear ya darski, my hands tend to ache if I do to much. They used to go numb all the time but I had Carpel Tunnel surgery on both of my hands back in May (2 weeks apart) but they still ache some and get a little stiff by my thumbs. I think I might try some of the baby yarn next time, I seem to go faster with that. It's softer and not as stiff as the regular WW yarn. :D

I'm putting my together now, I'll post a pic tomorrow.:hook

LB you and your family are in my prayers.

Ladies we are trully awesome, all who will recieve our labors of love will be blest.:c9

I need to recoop, but am looking forward to the next one:devil

Guess what I found at WM - someone :yay returned 3 skeins of Mainstay :yes so I will save it for the next CAL.

Also they had some of the 1 pounders clearance for $5.00, will be needing that for joining.

Please post pix of finished work.

Darsi anyway you can share your pattern with the gray squares?:hug

Lavenderbear - Im so sorry to hear about your dog... they are family and its hard let them go.

Crystal - thats amazing 873 wow we all did well. I was just curious as to how many people participated in this.

I look forward to next month.

Wendy

Crystal - thats amazing 873 wow we all did well. I was just curious as to how many people participated in this.

I look forward to next month.

Wendy

I had 24 people listed as saying they were participating!

First off I want to say :ty to Lavanderbear and Crystal for your organization of the beginning and the end. :bow

Secondly, Lavanderbear, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. :hug

Lastly, we are awesome. :clap:woo:clap and I think we should shoot for a grand total of 1,000 next time. 873 blows my mind away. WOW.

Thanks to eveyone for letting me participate and I can't wait until next time. :manyheart

873!! WOW!:cheer Too cool! Doesn't it feel good to be a part of that??? :yay And Just think, that # wouldn't be there if everyone of us hadn't contributed something. It doesn't matter what our personal #'s were when you see a total like that in just 3 days!!:yes

I can't wait for the next one either!!

Great total,yes we are an awesome force combined.

Lavanderbear,

I am sorry to hear about the loss of you pet,we went through that 14 months ago with our cat,Marmalade

they sure leave pawprints on our hearts

Linda

Archived