3 Day Charity Square-A-Long!

LavenderBear

Hello! I've hosted two months of these charity square-a-longs and am FIRED UP for another one, which will be starting on Monday!!! :cheer Get your hooks and yarn ready (this is a GREAT way to use up scraps), set your personal goal, and come join us!!! Here are the rules . . .

Everyone is FREE to participate, no matter what size squares you are making! However, those who are making 6" or larger will be entered into the contest! Like last time, there will be a GRAND PRIZE WINNER for the one who makes the MOST CHARITY SQUARES! And then there will be a drawing of THREE OTHER WINNERS drawn among all participants, no matter how many you've made!! This will begin Monday morning (when you get up and in your time zone) until Wednesday night (when you go to bed in your time zone). I will need everyone to post their TOTAL NUMBER OF SQUARES once their time is up, and I will post the winners Thursday night! I will be participating too, just like before!

Are you ready?! Are you set?! We're almost ready to go!! :yay

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm happy you give advance warning,I'll be on a 12 hr road trip Saturday and didn't want to miss out,I know alot of other people are looking forward to this monthly event as I am.

thanks

Linda

I would love to take part in this one, barring any unexpected things cropping up :) Silly question, when the squares are all made, do you want them forwarded to you or are we to donate them to our own 'pet' projects?

Very nice of you to do this, by the way :hook

Ok, I'm just getting into a lot of this, so would someone please enlighten me? What do we do with the finished square(s)? Just to be sure I have it all straight, the Monday you are talking about for a start date is 10/30/06; or am I confused?:confused I will try, but can't commit to anything, as we are getting ready to be able to leave on short notice, as my grandmother in CO is close to death. I am a terrible procrastinator. :turtle If I can't make this one, maybe the next.

Margie

Hello! I see some of you are going to join me next week! Yes, it is for this upcoming Monday through Wednesday (10/30 - 11/01), and you may make the squares for your own projects or donate them to any charity of your choice! I personally am making mine for the group I help co-own here in Michigan! We make lapghans, afghans, hats, scarves, etc. for foster children, veterans, the homeless, crisis pregnancy Moms and children, and more!

This is gonna be FUN . . . again!! :clap

Alright, I'm in... since I don't have a "pet" charity can I just send them all to you Lavendarbear? Regular old acrylic ww ok?

I better find a square pattern...lol.:hook

Yeaaaaaaaaaaah, we have more joining in! :clap

Charlene, sure you have MY permission to cut out of work on Tuesday!! Sure, Traci, you can send squares my way! Any granny squares in acrylic are JUST FINE! :yes

I've been looking for some motivation to get some of my stash used up while making something useful! Count me in! (We don't have to sleep during those days, do we?) :lol

:cheer SSSWWWEEETTT :cheer I am sooo in again!!! :hug I had a last minute project last time and wasn't able to fully partake....But now that I know in advance and I'll have the yarn set aside, the hook warming up, the chair has been claimed, house work will be done by Sunday evening and all delivery food chains have been programed in the phone........

:devil:yes:devil I itching to get going :yes:devil:yes

wow I would love to join this. I think it would be great for charity. It would be interesting to see how many I can get done.

So I start on monday morning in my time zone and finish on wednesday in my time zone, is that correct.

I cant wait to start. My lapghan will be for a old aged care home. They are in need of blankets for the residents there.

Wendy

I am definitely in on this one...better have those hooks ready...I made 545 for Jimmie Lu in a month

Thems fightin' words Pardner:cowgirl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Of course... not to me; I barely made the cut last time:hook

Thems fightin' words Pardner:cowgirl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Of course... not to me; I barely made the cut last time:hook

Hey...I figure why not...I just received lots of yarn today......besides it is getting cold and it will keep me warm to have flying fingers:yay:laughroll:laughroll:h5

mmmm, if my calculator is correct that means at least 17 per day..... or at least 51 for all three days........yep looks like we got a duo.......:hook

I am hearing the "Good the Bad and the Ugly" music playing in the back ground:devil

Cool.... lots of goodies for the charities - the real winners:manyheart

Got to get some sleep now before the race is on.....:P

Archived