Secret Pal's shawl

tezcatlipoca98

Since my secret pal has recieved her shawl I thought it would be ok to show it here.

frannshawl2

It's from a crusty old pattern book my mom had and the yarn is the Moss colorway of SR Kertzer's Marble.

You make strips of fans then sew them together.

Someone posted looking for this pattern many moons ago. I just spent 20 minutes trying to find that thread with the name of the book in it with no luck. It's very pretty, you did a great job with it!

I found it! Heh, heh, I was searching the wrong website! It's McCall's Crochet Treasury. This is the Scalloped Shawl. Check your library. Maybe you can get it on interlibrary loan.

WOW! That is soooo beautiful!:manyheart And the colors are wonderful:yes You did an amazing job, and I know that your secret pal will treasure it always!

I am in no way trying to belittle your beautiful creation, but it reminds me a bit of Cupcakes fan bookmark, the technique seems to be a bit like that, perhaps by using yarn instead of thread a similar effect could be achieved?

Ladycrochat= Yeah probably. I'm sure this crusty old pattern book wasn't the only one to think of the offset fan things. I think it's a really cool pattern and probably looks awesome as a bookmark.

I did photograph the cover of this book and i'll upload it later. Right now I'm going to go run errands (and probably stop by Michael's to see what yarn they have left from thier sale).

Ta.

Picture of the Book

The book is called "Shawls" and it seems to be by Bear Brand, Fleisher and Botany (?) brand yarns.

It was copyrighted in 1972 (MCMLXXII), It says it is volume 462, and it was 75 cents.

Ahh the good old days when pattern books didn't cost 9 bucks....

WendyRN, the yarn is Marble, by SR Kertzer. I bought mine at A.C. Moore, but i'm sure other places have it. Try your local Hobby Lobby, they seem to have a yarn department that rivals A.C. Moore. I think herrshners sells it. Click on the above link, I think I saw a button for store locations or something.

Archived