A bit of this and that! AMI

KristieMN

I thought I would share with you what I have been up to the last week or so.

I had been following a childs story online, Christi Thomas. She recently passed away from Neuroblastoma. I made up 2 of these fairies. One for her family, and one to sell on Etsy and donate the money to her memorial fund. I am sending the fairy, and a few things for their other daughter.

Christi.jpg

Courageous Christi is probably one of the sweetest little fairies you will ever meet.

She is friends with all the fairies.

She has strength within herself that most of us could never imagine. Even faced with uncertainty, she puts her best game face on and tackles it with humor.

With her sweet and kind demenor, she has the trust of all the forest animals. You can often find her petting and singing to the animals.

She is dressed with her favorite purple sparkle ballerina outfit. The top is adorned with sparkly sequence and beads.

Purple and pink flowers adorn her hair, pulled up in a bun. She even has matching ballet shoes.

Her wings are sprinkled with stars, because now she is dancing among them.

You will never meet a fairy quite like Christi, for truly she is one in a million.

Here are the other things I have been doing

thisthat.jpg

All but the ladybugs are going to Libby's school.

The ladybugs are going to anotehr little girl I follow online who has leukemia. I am going to make her about 10 more before sending off her package.

All but the big snail (big snail is roxycrafts) are origionals I desinged.

I had tried the top opening mushroom from Crochetme, but I didnt want a hole in the bottom of the mushroom, so I designed a different one.

Thanks for looking!

it's rather awesome of you to make the fairies for Christi. sounds like a sad story to follow.

the other items are so cute! it's nice to see the ladybugs in different colours too. i've made 2, Jessi pinched the first one.. lil rat! i have been thinking of making a noughts and crosses set with them, maybe learning entrlac as the base. a good excuse to learn a technique and put the piece to work. all very cute Kristie and your charity work is awardable :)

It's lovely of you to think of the family, "Courageous Christi" is beautiful and a lovely tribute to her memory.

The other items you've been working on are wonderful! :)

-- Michelle

Reading Christi's story brought tears to my eyes. The Fairy is absolutely beautiful, and I'm sure that the sister will cherish her always. What a lovely thing to do for the family!

Everything is beautiful. Children with cancer is the worse. I have a son that has health issues & we spent alot of time at the children's hospital the first 3 yrs of his life. No matter how bad I felt there was always someone who was wrorse. I met a family with a 4 yr old with leukemia -it broke my heart to hear what they were going through.

oh kritstie, i got treary reading your story, what a wonderful thing you are doing for the family. im sure they are going to love the fairie, she is beautiful.

and you wrote something so beautiful too. you have the biggest heart.

i love the mushroom, it looks so cute, is it smaller then the one on crochetme?, i was about to try that mushroom too, but i didnt realize that there was a hole on the bottom. now im not sure i want a hole either.:think

i love everything. must make some snails and ladybugs too.:manyheart

Thank you all for the kind comments!

I have to admit, this was the hardest fairy I have made so far.

I have never made a fairy after someone who has passed.

If you go to this site,http://www.christithomas.com/

You can see the picture I based the fairy on. She is in a ballerina outfit.

Soluna, the mushrooms I made up are about the same size as the crochetme shroom I think.

If you like, I can type up the pattern post it.

Such wonderful work, Miss Kristie. You have such a big heart to think of strangers the way you do and to share you love and talent w/ them. May blessings always befall you in your life.

Sandy

:clap HEY you got the avatar working!!

and yes please share the mushroom pattern!THANK you so much in advance.:)

edit to add:

i saw the pictures, she looks so sweet and innocent, and your fairy looks a lot like her.

The fairy doll looks wonderful, it's very detailed work. I don't think that I'd have the patience to make a crochet doll myself though I'll probably give it a try in the future.

Thank you all again!

You are all very kind!

THe package to this family is in the mail! I have a bit of anxiety in the mom seeing the fairy. I was really hoping this wasnt overstepping my bounds!

I will write up a pattern for the mushroom and post it later today, or tomorrow. :)

What a beautiful way to remember that sweet little girl...I am sure that her family will treasure the little Courageous Christi fairy always! It is Lovely!

As for your other designs, well they are just so awesome and so cute! Thanks for sharing with us!

Archived