Traveling Doily

crochetrae

I finally finished my traveling doily. It's this pattern here: http://www.angelfire.com/folk/celtwich/LargePine.html

th_100_FUJI-DSCF1007_DSCF1007.jpg

I started it just to have a project to work on in the car off and on in between whatever I really needed to get done. This doily has been all over the US in the last 5 months.

I used #20 thread and it's 29 1/2" diameter. But, I stretch when I block.

That is beautiful!!

- I've got the pattern saved for a future project - but have been intimidated by it - was it complicated, or just requiring loads of patience?

That is beautiful!!

- I've got the pattern saved for a future project - but have been intimidated by it - was it complicated, or just requiring loads of patience?

Not hard at all. That's why I used it as a car project. The best part was the last row. I figured each point would be made separately and fastened off like you do pineapples. Not so!! It's all one continuous row!!!! So the only ends to work in were at adding new balls of thread.

susan

that is awesome!! it looks like it took ages to do, but the results are testimony to the time and effort that went into it

I wish I could crochet in the car. Unfortunately, I'm prone to motion sickness.

Your doily is really beautiful. Congratulations.:c9

Isn't it just wonderful that all those 'would be wasted' minutes were put to great use! I keep a project bag in the car at all times and those minutes add up! I really admire your ability to do size 20 thread in the car. I am not that coordinated and the smallest I can go is baby yarn but we have an older sport utility so perhaps a bit bouncier of a ride.

I really love that doily, just gorgeous!

Archived