My little Doilies

MamaHooks

I recently became interested in the 1/12th scale miniatures. However I am a yarnie, not a threadie. But I thought that for my daughter doll house I would try to make doilies with really thin thread... for me that means size 20 or 30 and really small hook size 10. These are my first two attempts. What do you think?

th_minidoily2.jpg

th_minidoily1.jpg

Bad pictures I know, sorry.

they're wonderful!

sunnywolfgar i have a thread like that varigated pink by Coats in both a 20 and 40

Very cute Vickie. You did a great job on them. I am sure your daughter loves them.

Uh not to start anything, but I have seen pattern books at Annie's Attic for furniture and such. :lol

Sorry couldn't resist.:hook

Thank you for all the compliments. I know I am not nearly as good as many of the men and women on here. However I admit I am extremely pleased with myself for trying something new. I can understand how people get "hooked" on thread crocheting. The doilies, curtains, tablecloths, pillows, purses and of course miniatures. My hubby was teasing me last night that I am going to go blind if I make any more tiny things. :lol I still need to make a tablecloth and 2 sets of curtains for the doll house. Thank you for looking at my first attempts are tiny thread crocheting. :hook

So cute~

My mom made me all kinds of doilies and things for my dollhouse when I was little. I still have them all boxed up and ready for my daughter. My mom made a sewing room and made bolts of fabric and a crocheted plant holder with a bottle cap and fake fern pieces. The creative things my mom came up with. It was wonderful and looking back I have wonderful memories. Your daughter will too. Moms that make things for their kids are remembered for what they did.:hug

• 1 month later...

Very nice Vickie. I did the same thing awhile back with tatting thread, (I think the picture is posted here somewhere) and I really enjoyed it. Your's are wonderful.

Joel

Archived