Scrap-ghan CAL

KnicKnac

KnicKnac,

Thanks for the compliment! :) As far as darker colours go, I think whatever makes you happy works, after all it is your afghan. When I was picking colours for mine, I just sort of reached into my stash bags and whatever I came out with I said "yeah, that'll work." The only colour I didn't use was a really dark navy blue, because it looked almost like the black I was joining with.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<a href=th_LittleHats.jpg' alt='th_LittleHats.jp This is the beginning of my Scrapghan. It is called Chapeaus and the pattern in in the Big Book of Scrap Afghans. I have 21 squares made and have 21 more to go. The pattern called for 63, but my squares are too big.

I love it! The colors are so vibrant. When it was being talked about I wondered what this afghan looked like------Beautiful!

Just checking in people! Everyone looks like they are still plugging along. It's been a very busy couple of weeks for me, so I haven't progressed much on my scrap-ghan, but hey, that's life!

hey there you folk have been busy! I am yet to decide on a pattern.:blush

I notice Annies Attic today is a novel use of the yo yos in a little girls vest.

sprtsbear they remind me of little sun hats! Very effective:yes

Chain of fools that looks so cool! I admire your perserverance to join up those little suckers!:D

Ilene yours looks fabulous! :yes

Boy you guys those are looking great!!! compared to mine! I am just doing 12 in sqs of all colors and it is very colorful!!! as soon as my sqs are done (I have 5 left) I willl get some pictures up at my blog!

I think I am now ready to tag along with this CAL. I Started a scrap gahn, last night. It is from Leisure arts. Afghans for all Seasons. This pattern was the reason that I got this book! But at the time I was just relearning how to crochet and it was a litte advanced for me. Now I have the stash and the skills to complet it. (i hope) hehe. I have another gahn that is a WIP, so this one is my time off prog..

Okay ladies, looks like I'm still in on this one. While I was doing my Pug ghan I started playing around with other scrap yarn that I had left over from my DD's 63 square afghan using a layout similar to the one that Denny had posted earlier. (I really loved what she had done!):manyheart I've been going to a Knit and Crochet Club here in town where I live and the lady that's heading up the club brought me some of her scrap that will go nicely with what I'm doing. Need to do another round before I post a pic.

I'm going to join this CAL in a few weeks. :D

I'm still working on one more graphghan that I want to enter into the State Fair.

By that time, I should have enough odd lots to start my scrapghan.

I already have my afghan picked out. I don't think I can legally show a picture of it. However, it was the Annie's Attic pattern of the day for Feb. 4, 2006. It's called "Mended Hearts," and it's also sorta a graphghan. It's squares of multicolored hearts. Really pretty. It's also in Annie's "101 Easy Scrap Crochet Projects."

As promised here is the start of my next scrap-ghan. Not sure of where I'm going with this one but we'll see!

patch.jpg

Oh, I'm getting as bad as most of the others on here. I now have 4 projects going at once! Pray for me, lol.

Gosh we should start a 12 step program for recovery WIP aholics :D ..I have too many to count... and just told dh I'm going to AC Moore while I'm in Raleigh tomorrow to pick up yarns to start on Jeremy and heather's kitchen stuff ..I'm sure there will be something else I HAVE to buy:P

I am pretty new to this forum, so I haven't participated in a crochet-along yet. However, I have already started on a scrap afghan. Because I tend to "plan" and coordinate colors (and am an awful perfectionist), this project has been a challenge for me to try to relax instead of obsessing over whether it looks "right" or not. I am using really bright colors for the most part. The only rule is that every third row is black, just to give a little continuity.

When I can, I will post a picture. But for now, count me in on this CAL. I need the reniforcement to work more diligently.

My first crochet-along! Wow! I get misty eyed just thinking about it. Makes me feel like I am really a part of this group.:D

Ilene,

It looks like you are coming right along with your version. It looks great. I am running out of scraps and need to stock up when pay day comes this week. I am trying to figure out if I want to make 1/2 squares to even out the edge when I get towards the finish. That way it would be even on the edges, what do you think you are going to do?

Denny, I am :laughroll at you.....I'm sure the POINT of a scrapghan is that you are supposed to use LEFTOVERS!!! We are WAY obsessed when we go and BUY yarn for a scrapghan.....

busymom- - I hear you on the perfectionism. My scrapghan is still going to be coordinated. I can't relax enough to just mosh all those hues together. I look at many scrapghans (None here, of course) and think "WHY???"

I thought about the half squares too but not sure how to do them but then on a Show and Tell forum I seen where a lady had done one like ours for her son and used the granny's to finish off. Her's was very nice.

http://boldstepdesign.com/classiccrochet/projects.html Here is the afghan that I spoke of.

Isn't it wonderful when we get inspired??!!!

Ilene,

It looks like you are coming right along with your version. It looks great. I am running out of scraps and need to stock up when pay day comes this week. I am trying to figure out if I want to make 1/2 squares to even out the edge when I get towards the finish. That way it would be even on the edges, what do you think you are going to do?

I guess this is the place I need to come. I have finished half of my scrapghan, and can't seem to get going to work on the other half. I am making the Chapeaus afghan from the Big Book of Scrapghans. Yesterday I spent the morning joing the 21 squares I have finished. I need to make 21 more. The scrap colors I have are not inspiring me. I want to make each hat a different color, and don't have enough different colored yarn. I guess I will just wait untill I finish other projects and maybe have some other colors to work. The problem is that I have started using many different types of yarn on other projects and what I need is plain old ww to finish this one.

You are all inspiring! I have stalled on my yo-yo afghan...I have a whole bunch made but have stopped joining them as the temperatures have increased around here and makes it too hot to do a big project like an afghan...plus I guess I'm just lazy or bored :blush

Truth be told it's been so long since I worked on my afghan that I will have to refresh my memory on how I'm joining the little things :blush and check the site again.

Every day the 'wanna be' afghan taunts me (got it draped over my couch beside where I sit) and says "look at me...love me...finish me you lazy thing!" and still I ignore it in favour of other shorter, more quick projects...sigh...can you smell it? I do believe I smell a UFO!

i have just started a scrap-ghan last night, is it too late to join this? it's going to be a giant granny square for my boyfriend, just something to bring my stash down to something more managable and also something to keep him warm at night :)

Hello Squish! No it's not to late to join at all. This is one of those crochet alongs that takes a bit of time since we are working with scrap yarn. I have already done one and am working on a second that will probably take me a while to do.

Have fun and post pictures when you can.

wow i cant belive how easy this giant granny is working up...i'm using all of the ugly yarn that i found in my gramma's stash, she left her yarn to me when she passed away, and i'm having a blast giggling at all the odd colors she acumulated over the years, yarn from the 70's i've noticed tends to be very strange colored :)

Archived