Scrap-ghan CAL

KnicKnac

Denny, I'm far from an expert! I just can't match colors or see the larger picture without help. If anyone can use the cheat sheet I use more power to them. I love sharing what I learn, I'm still pretty much a beginner.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ilene, I kind of wish we had to hunt for the kitties; but there are so many looking for homes in our local shelters that we'll be able to select a pair just about as soon as we start looking. Good for us, sad for all those kitties.....

pplcrochets - something with a long, thick, show off tail! :hug

8 more squares to go on my afghan!:yay

Denny - I copied the picture of your afghan so far. I just love it so much I'm going to use it for future reference.

Craftaholic, there is really nothing you have to do, except have some stash of yarn and wanting to make a scrapghan out of it!

Welcome to the 'Ville!

Looks like everyone here has taken a long weekend off from crocheting. I got left home alone all weekend, even deserted!

My husband has been out of town on business for over a week and won't be back til Saturday and my daughter ran off with the grandbaby to housesit. So I crocheted all weekend and now I'm paying for it.

I have Arthritis in both of my hands, just behind the thumbs. Must be do to how I have to hold what I'm working on right now.

The good news is that I'm 4 squares and 1 row away from being finished with my scrap-ghan.

I finished my afghan yesterday. Hurray for me!:cheer I finally have a digital camera but don't know how to use it yet. I didn't want to try to read the instructions for it until I had an ample supply of chocolate with me. Then I'll have to find out how to get that picture out of the camera and on to this website. It sounds too complicted for my little brain to handle. But I promise I'll try. I used a little of Caron's Simply Soft yarn in only one square of the afghan. My seven year old daughter, Ingrid, was picking out her favorite square. As soon as she touched that one, she said "That's it." She wants me to buy only Simply Soft now.

Congradulations Karin for completing your afghan. I had the feeling you where going to beat me in finishing!:cheer Please take your time in learning your camera, you will have so much fun with it and not just for taking pictures of your projects either, lol. I can't wait to see what you've done.

Mine should be finished maybe by tomorrow, I had to slow down abit because of my hands. They don't feel so bad today.

I have 1 1/2 strips done on my MAM. I used yellow on the first one and the second I have a teal color I'm using. I'm going to dig for some red for the next strip. Starting next week I'll have lots of time to crochet since the business I work for is closing.

Congrats on finishing your afghan Karin, I can't wait to see it finished! Take time with your camera, once you get the jest of it you will be ok!

Sorry to hear about that Nicie, I hope you will be able to find other work. But take advantage of the time of and CROCHET CROCHET CROCHET!

I finished my afghan this evening around 10. My daughter and I have both named this my Pug-ghan we we think it's close to Pug-ugly. (I can get away with saying that cause I own a pug, he's so ugly he's pretty.)

scrap-ghan2.jpg

I'm going to have to wait a few days before I start on anything else, had to break out my brace for my left hand.

Ilene!!!

That is so far from pug-ugly!!! I think you did a most awesome job! What method did you use to join the squares? Is it that method from the Dude?

WOW - you are one dedicated crocheter!!!

Ilene!!!

That is so far from pug-ugly!!! I think you did a most awesome job! What method did you use to join the squares? Is it that method from the Dude?

WOW - you are one dedicated crocheter!!!

knicknac, I just did a simple whip stitch in the back loops for joining and the edging is 2 rows of single crochet.

Ilene

Your afgah is great! I love the squares that look like plates. I know what you mean about your hands hurting, put it is beautiful and I'm sure that somehow the effort is kinda worth the pain. Take a much deserved rest.

Ilene

Your afgah is great! I love the squares that look like plates. I know what you mean about your hands hurting, put it is beautiful and I'm sure that somehow the effort is kinda worth the pain. Take a much deserved rest.

Thank you Denny. I slept with my brace on my left arm all night and this morning my thumb was a bit swollen so I think I'd better take a break for a bit. The square I think you're talking about is #35 from the 63 More Square book. Just doing that one in 2 different colors set off the circle in it.

I have 2 other projects in the works (mostly in my head for now) another afghan and socks for everyone in the family for Christmas. Let's see now long I can sit still!:devil

Ilene, your afghan looks great!! :clap My favorite are the 'circle-squares', they really catch the eye :)

I've been bad :blush I haven't worked on my yo-yo's for a while because it's been so darned hot! I made up about 250 and started joining them, but I'm still stuck on row 3...hopefully it will cool down some here and I can continue.

I know what you mean about hot, here in North Carolina it had been in the 90's most of this last week. Sometimes I forget that the North can get hot to, I lived in Maine for 2 years.

Hot? Don't I know it!!! Afghan's are definitely things to work on when it's cold!

Kiki, could you post a picture of what you have already? I would love to see what you got so far. I am so afraid to start stringing mine together because of the color combinations, are you running into that?

For you KnicKnac, here is a pic of what I have so far:

scraptacular.jpg

This is not the greatest picture (dang digital!) Some of the colours aren't picking up, like a grape/purple and chocolate brown, and the reds are looking really ewww, plus there's only one white, but the aran colour and a light blue are reading as white-ish...but this is the best I could do. The main colour is black, and I have 17 different coloured yo-yos, which I'm keep in a certain order, but alternate for the different rows, like for the second row I started with the 10th coloured yo-yo in from the first row, but kept the same order of colours as the first row...does that make sense? There are 20 across and I have no idea how many rows I'll need. It looks smallish in the picture but does fit a double bed. So far I like it. :D I figured it was probably a good idea to make up a few of every colour I planned to use and then start joining, then that way I wouldn't be introducing a new colour half way in or whatever.

As far as the weather goes, so far today it's downright cold at 18 Celcius (65 F), but last week we were averaging 32-35 C (90-95 F), and with the humidex it was actually more like 44 C (which is 112 stifling degrees fahrenheit!) :yuck:hot

Oh Kiki, that is turning out so nice! I have some dark blue scraps, I was worried what they would look like on there with the black border. With the darker colors, do you think they turn out ok?

Thanks for the pic!

Archived