Scrap-ghan CAL

KnicKnac

I used a pattern that I found in Leisure Arts... A year of Afghans.... Book 4. The pattern is called "Stained Glass". It's a very simple pattern. You make it in strips and then join them together. The color changes and weaving ends are what will drive ya crazy. But then I guess that's just part of the scrap yarn process, huh. :) I do think it was worth it... now that I'm finished. But while I was making it, it almost drove me crazy!

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I used a pattern that I found in Leisure Arts... A year of Afghans.... Book 4. The pattern is called "Stained Glass". It's a very simple pattern. You make it in strips and then join them together. The color changes and weaving ends are what will drive ya crazy. But then I guess that's just part of the scrap yarn process, huh. :) I do think it was worth it... now that I'm finished. But while I was making it, it almost drove me crazy!

It's beautiful, While I didn't do the work, I would say it was worth it!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I'm just joining, but I'm almost done with a scrap afghan, so I thought, it'd be almost like a free CAL, right? :) Well, I'm making a scrap afghan, and it's almost done, so I'll post a picture when I get it done. It's 3 rounds of a granny, and join as you go. I think I have enough scrap to make 2-3 more though!! :) I'm so excited!! :)

Victoria

i just finished a scrap ghan i did all varigated colors that i had floating around half ball of this and that its the ghan of many colors lol its a small baby size but all i did was a giant granny square and it worked up quickly.

I have done one Scrapghan and now am working on my second. The first one didn't use many scraps. This one is using more scraps, but I think I will still have plenty left. It is amazing how fast you can accumalate litle balls of yarn.

The pattern is from a Leisure Arts pamphlet Scraps + Black = Afghans. I tweaked the pattern a bit. I really didn't plan out the colors. Whatever came to my hand was crocheted. The white is suppose to be black, but I didn't have enough in my stash, so I used white and off-white. Thanks for the compliments.

ohhhhhhhh I think I have that one lol. but I think it is in a book form I have two for scraps me and my senioritis I swear lol.

Okay I'm editing cuz I just went to annies free pattern of the day, it is called different but fairly close to the one that sprtbear did go look and see .

Thanks guys............I'm just using a shell pattern. It's easy and relatively fast. Hopefully I'll be done with it in a week so I can start my son's snowflake afghan.

corner to corner is also known as box stitch you start with a chain of say 6 and make 3 dc or what ever the pattern calls for then chain so many and the first box is your first row the second row will have 2 boxes and so on it grows a row at a time then you decide how big you want it then when you work a decrease row you form your other two corners and work down until its one square and finish it off.

Okay, I haven't posted in this thread for soooooooo long :blush...I quit working on my yo-yo afghan over the summer because it was just way too hot to deal with, but now my fingers are itching to get back to it! :lol

I only have 3 rows done but have quite a few of the yo-yo's made up and ready for joining..

I've been following all your progress here and am looking forward to seeing everyone's finished scraptacular afghans :yay

OK, I'm going to double-dip with my CAL's on this project... It's flowers, so I posted it to the flower CAL, but thought you scrappers might want to see it, too....

I sorted all of my scrap yarns and balls by hue, came up with a bag of autumn colored yarns, so started this square that I just change up colors when I want to. I think it's turning out prety well - I also changed it to be join as you go, so I'll only have the pesky ends to deal with!

harvest.jpg

Archived