Scrap-ghan CAL

KnicKnac

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had one started for many years! i am making one large granny square with the leftover yarn i have. I stash the small balls of left over yarn in the basket with the blanket and then when i am bored of what i am working on at the time i work using the scraps! who knows when it will get done:think

Ok, I have been scarce around these parts as of late. I was getting REALLY discouraged on not getting anything done on my scrapghan - and then I figured out why - it's TOO BLASTED HOT TO MAKE AN AFGHAN!!! What the heck was I thinking??? Making a afghan in the summer????

Oh well - I decided to get something done since I was the one that started this whole CAL and started whipping up something for someone that just had a baby in the neighborhood...I posted about it in another thread...

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=412468&postcount=16

I hope you all will take me back...:sigh

It's from a REALLY old Women's Day pattern book, all 70's vintage stuff - some really wild things in there! It's called "She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not", but I can't find it online anywhere. :( I bought the book specifically for THIS pattern. You can mix and match any of those tiny little scraps for the flower and/or stripe.

I just don't like crocheting into a chain - drives me batty, and that's how you make the petals. UGH! scs, hdcs, and dcs - all into a floppy CHAIN! But, I like the pattern, so I'll suffer....

Nope, it's a Crochet Along - which means you join in when you want, and you finish it when you can. It's a scrap-ghan so it's probably going to take some people a really long time to get it done because they are waiting on scraps!

AWH SHOOT!!! I'm a gluton (?sp) for punishment!!! Another CAL for my list of "to-do's".

I"m in...not sure exactly when I"ll get started...but definitely want to use up my scrap yarn...especially my luscious wools!

Amy

Krystal, I love your flower hexagon! I made this afghan years ago, but lost it to a flood. I started another one, but it sits in my scrap basket and I don't work on it much. Just seeing all the wonderful scrap-ghans in this thread makes me want to join this CAL so I have an excuse to finish it!

BTW - I started my first one in 1975 and finished in 1985! It was back when I was just in my last couple years of high school and early college years, and I didn't have much money for yarn at that time, so I could only work on it sporatically. Now I have more scraps than I know what to do with, so I think I can finish this one lots sooner than it took to finish the first one!

I'm IN! I have MANY scrap blankets going at the moment, I have two rectangle granny's going, one small granny square one going (based of the one in the show Roseanne) and kitty and doggy blankets for shelters. HORRAY!!!:clap

This would be my first CAL

I would love to join, I have quite a bit of stash, I was eyeballing the ghan done by Dot......ohh:manyheart

Just one more reson to watch the yarn sales...I mean a great way to reduce my scrap stash:devil

Squish you where right, there are some very interesting colors in your giant granny. Wonderful job! My daugther and I enjoyed looking at the hats you've done, she really liked the light brown one especially. I really liked the afghan you had at the bottom of your blog, that is very pretty.

I hadn't done much on my second scrap ghan lately, got caught up in another project and am now at a point where I feel like I can safely work on a few others.

Thanks for the comments! I love doing hats, they are my absolute favorite! once i have the crown done i can pretty much do what ever i want...the brown one was double crossed crochet...i think that's right...and i'm kinda waiting on scraps for the scrapghan...i'm hoping to have it done by Christmas

I'll join in on this one since I've already got a scrapghan WIP. I'm doing a pattern from a little Leisure Arts book -- Scrap Wraps. The one I'm doing is called "Cheerful Checks" (it's not the one on the cover). This is a great book for scrapghans, it's got five really gorgeous patterns. I picked the book up for a couple bucks at Michael's. :cheer

Link: http://www.leisurearts.com/customer_care/search/item_detail.asp?item_num=75028&page=1&rec_num=1&startRec=0&skill=KC&search=scrap%20wraps

Archived