Scrap-ghan CAL

KnicKnac

I posted pics my autumn carosel afgan. I need to finish up the border. BUT...I just bought 15lbs of yarn off ebay, so I likely will start another one.

Yammy, where did you post the pictures?? I want to see!

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi! I feel like a dork, but I finished mine, and gave it away already! I might be able to get the recipient to send a picture, but I have a picture of it almost done, so I guess that will work. I think it turned out really great, although there were a lot of ends to weave in lol, but that's the nature of scrap ghans I guess. I can't wait to work on my next one! After I finish Christmas presents, I want to make a scrap one, that is a giant granny, but that'll be a little while... :)

Here is a picture of it almost done. Each 4 square section is black, and all around it is different colors. It's 3 rounds of a granny, attached as you go. It is a little dark, so some of the colors like dark green, blue, and marroon look like black, but you get the idea. It was a lot of fun to make!

Victoria

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l96/Vickietoriasmile/2003_0101sleepingJosh5half0002.jpg[/img]"]2003_0101sleepingJosh5half0002.jpg

I'm sort of doing this. I have 2 scrap-ghans going. One is a granny square and one is a yo-yo like one. I have only about 7 squares started and at different rows (the largest at the moment is 3 rows,the others are 2 rows).

I have a little over 100 of the yo-yo's done and only been working on them about 2 weeks between other projects.

Sandy

I'll be jumping in on this eventually. I have 2 scarves to finish and a baby gift to make and then I think I will make a scrapghan with all of my leftover bits and pices of baby yarn. A rainbow of pastle colors in bayb boucle and baby homespun. I think I will do Yo-Yo and join with white. I figure they should work together pretty well as they are similar wieghts.

Ladies, it has been AGES since I have posted. :blush I started another scrapghan when I first posted (way back near beginning of thread) and decided to give it up and have been giving away all my scrap yarn (and stopped buying it at garage sales). I made 3 scrapghans in a row prior to this thread and just decided I was burned out. Having developed some arthritis problems, I've decided to concentrate on afghans with newly purchased yarn, rather than trying to use up scraps. :eek

I just LOVE what you gals have been doing! I also forgot just how wonderful granny squares can be. Although I'm still crocheting (trying to finish Mom's Rose afghan this month), I'm mostly trying to do a lot of quilting just now. Keep up the great work!

Stephanie

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I haven't gotten much farther on the squares for my hubby's scrapghan, But I've also started a bunch of granny's daughters to do a blanket with those too! nice thing about those is I can make them as I'm working on other projects with the left over yarn!:clap

Ok, I went through my catch all and found out where I am on my one scrapghan. I have 21 squares (5 inch) so far, I'm making the blanket like the one on the back of the couch on the show Roseanne. I'm also making Grannies Daughters to make a blanket with those, but I forgot to count how many. I have another scrapblanket going too with Rectangles instead of squares, but none of the squares are full sized yet.

I'm hoping they will all be done by this time next year, I think that's reasonable!

Hi. I'd like to join. I have a ripple going using scraps and also a little star so I'm not cheating but this morning I started making this with scraps:

http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=97&d_id=3〈=en

I fell in love with this when I saw the pic. I'll add to it whenever I find some scrap that seems like the right color to go into it. Right now I'm putting a variegated to start that has white, pink and peach.

• 1 month later...

Hi! I haven't posted in a while, but I finished a scrap ghan. Actually, many of the squares were given to me to make an afghan for a Native American Reservation in South Dakota, so that is where this one is going. I think it looks a lot like an afghan I saw in a Mile-A-Minute afghan book, that looks like stained glass windows. That is where I got the inspiration for this one. I just had tons of squares of different sizes, and I didn't want to add to them, and make each one the same size, that would take so long. Anyway, I just joined as I went, making each strip, then joining as you go for putting the strips together. Thanks for looking!

2003_0101CraaazyBlanket0001.jpg

Victoria

• 8 months later...

I found this thread back along way and decided to resurrect it since I also found a few scrap projects buried at the back of craft cupboard that really need to be finished. Since I am a member of the "stash busting" and "Look up into the sky" CAL's I really should seriously finish these. Anyone else still working on scrap afghans.

Archived