Scrap-ghan CAL

KnicKnac

[minwife, the 'flat braid' looks more confusing than it actually is, it's on the site with the yo-yo instructions along with a different joining technique called the 'net stitch' joining--I chose flat braid because I thought it looked neater, less lacy-looking, and I also thought it seemed a bit easier.

Thanks for the heads up... How I wish life were as simple as just making yo-yo's@! LOL.... Can't wait to see pics of your finished product!:)

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

I'm new to this site but would love to join in on the scrap along. Am I too late? I would like to make my daughter something before she goes to college this fall. And something with all my leftovers would be great. I loved the afghan with the hats. What book was that in?

Thanks Jimmie lou, I'm hoping the afghan looks better than the layout. Seems to so far.

I'm having a bit of a problem getting back to my crocheting today, got a very large problem with my chair! I got up to answer the phone at 4 this afternoon and when I turned back to get in it our cat, Milo had taken over again. At that time it wasn't much of a problem cause I had to run an errand but I may want it back soon and he's still there. LOL

cat.jpg

P.S. He's 17 pounds of pure love!

Hey Ilene, when I saw that picture I thought that was my cat!! Our cats look exactly alike. Then I realized it can't be, if that were my cat that skein of yarn would have been all pulled out and wrapped around the legs of at least four different pieces of furniture! :eek I tell my children that Ashley, our cat, loves yarn as much as I do. And I love yarn ALOT.

Well I have gegun my scrapghan. It is the one with the hats. It may take longer than I expected because I don't think I have enough scraps of different colors. I would like to make each hat a different color. The pattern is quite easy. I am enjoying working on it.

That is cool sprtsbear, I think that will be an excellent and beautiful afghan when done. Remember, there is no rush! This is for scrap yarn anyway!!!

Awwww.... Ilene, I just want to reach through the computer screen and rub his tummy! (although most cats aren't too fond of that, are they?). Ok, so, at least stroke his side..... I miss my furbaby.........:sigh

Thanks Jimmie lou, I'm hoping the afghan looks better than the layout. Seems to so far.

I'm having a bit of a problem getting back to my crocheting today, got a very large problem with my chair! I got up to answer the phone at 4 this afternoon and when I turned back to get in it our cat, Milo had taken over again. At that time it wasn't much of a problem cause I had to run an errand but I may want it back soon and he's still there. LOL

P.S. He's 17 pounds of pure love!

---------

Awwwwww, what a big, gorgeous orangeman he is!

Thank you ladies for the Milo appreciation, we need to keep the admiration down to a dull roar because he's already got a swelled head. (He thinks he owns the place)!

pplcrochets- He does love to have his tummy rubbed but not for very long, after that you have a fur muff around your wrist! He's also and excellent bed buddy for my 4 year old granddaughter.

...He does love to have his tummy rubbed but not for very long, after that you have a fur muff around your wrist!....
With claws deeply imbedded, right? :eek:lol

Thank you ladies for the Milo appreciation, we need to keep the admiration down to a dull roar because he's already got a swelled head. (He thinks he owns the place)!

pplcrochets- He does love to have his tummy rubbed but not for very long, after that you have a fur muff around your wrist! He's also and excellent bed buddy for my 4 year old granddaughter.

----------------

Orange kitties are my most favorite kitties in the world! I have 2 right now (one of them not feeling so good these days). I love the big orange loverboys (which is how Sam usually is when he's well, so I have to beef him up some, cuz right now he's a skinny orange loverboy). I bet Milo can never get too much love!

I'm having a bit of a set back with my afghan today. The square I'm using from the 63 More book in it's finished mode is 30 stitches across and everything else I've done is 27. Now this doesn't make for very good assembly at all and I didn't realize it until I had put together two entire rows.

I've spent most of the evening taking the 2 rows apart and frogging the one funky row in that square. It's all coming back together much nicer.

Renegade - I hope your ailing kitty buffs up quick, I would love to see a picture of your two and of everyone elses. (especially Karen's since she says Milo looks like her Ashley!)

Milo sends kitty kisses to all of his fans

Ilene, please thank Milo for me; I loved the kitty kiss! :day

We'll be getting a pair of kittens soon to fill the empty spaces in our home and hearts (hubby still thinks in terms of one, but my son and I are wearing him down, I think!). have no idea what they'll look like, just that they will be needing a good home..... Might be orange, who knows? :c9

We'll be getting a pair of kittens soon to fill the empty spaces in our home and hearts (hubby still thinks in terms of one, but my son and I are wearing him down, I think!). have no idea what they'll look like, just that they will be needing a good home..... Might be orange, who knows? :c9

I would really love it if you'd either post or send me a picture of the kitty(s) when you finally decide. Now you know a pair is double trouble but twice the fun! Milo to date is the best cat we've ever had, he's also got a brother and sister (both dogs). Our pug, Pugsley runs a close second for my heart.

On a crochet note, my afghan is caught back up and a little over half done. I spent the evening putting 4 of the rows together.

I've been using all the yarn in colors that go together and this is what I have so far. I don't have enough of any one color except the cream maybe to make a complete round, so I started mixing them up. I'll see how it looks after a few of them.

000_0115.jpg

Hi, Ilene! Way to go on your afghan - you're over the hump!

Hey, I found out where that expression originated. In the first half of the 20th century (for all I know, even now), freight train yards were routinely built with a gradient up which a switching engine would push freight cars to be sorted into different trains/destinations. Cresting the top of the "hump", each car then rolled free down the hill under gravity, and was sorted onto the proper set of tracks through a series of switches. The cars were speed-controlled and braked to a stop by "disc brakes" built into the track sections. So, before the cars crested the top of the hump, they had to be pushed up the hill, but after they were over the hump, they coasted downhill. Just passing on what my 8yr old steam train buff taught me :lol

Speaking of the train buff, he wants the kittens Right Now, but we need to wait at least until July. You mentioned that 2 are double the trouble, and maybe that's how it will turn out, but we're hoping that 2 will keep each other occupied and out of the trouble a bored kitten might find. No way a human can keep up with the energy/activity level of a kitten! (especially this one, who spends a lot of time with a keyboard/crochet hook/book). and I promise pics as soon as our furbabies are on board!

Daisy (Oops! :embar sorry, Denise!) , very nice! I like the alternating look you have in the most recent round. This is a scrap afghan - that design change is just the ticket! (probably another train saying, eh?)

Choo, Choo! Thats what my oldest daughter used to call from her bedroom when she was supposed to be sleeping when she heard the trains go by. Looks like you guys need to start hunting for a kitty cat or two. If the hubby is agreeable now then it's a good time to get started. (Sounds like he could use the company too!)

Thank you very much Ilene, but you seem to be an expert at putting one of these together. My COD keeps me from trying new things sometimes, that why I thought this would be good for me-----to try and loosen up a bit, and use up my leftovers at the same time:yes .

Archived