Scrap-ghan CAL

KnicKnac

I just noticed this crochet along today. I don't know why I didn't see it before. Right now I am COMPLETELY swamped with ufo's and wip's. Nothing is getting done and it is driving me crazy!! :eek So, of course, its the perfect time to add this CAL to my list. Count me in! I keep telling myself that crocheting is supposed to be a stress reliever not a stress causer. I'll have to go through my patterns tonight and find one to start. I have really enjoyed looking at the scrap afghans that people have posted. Just beautiful!

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:hooki have tons of scrap yarns. I've been busy making ponchos for sale and have left overs to do a crazy colored blanket for someone.

I am searching for a pattern for nativity figurines. all of them including wisemen, sheep, shepherds, oxen, camels, donkey. Anyone know of where i can find those patterns. Much appreciated.

Anyways i am new to the crochet a long thing. But hope to spend time here when not busy with my on going projects:cheer meantime i can be a cheerleader for others.

andreageller - welcome to this CAL and welcome to C'Ville! You will love it here, but it's addicting so be careful!!!

Karen - welcome - hey we are all here for the same purpose! We are all crazy, and we are all wanting more crochet projects!!! :lol

:drive Hi Everyone,

I am back!This past week I finished my giant granny square throw for my niece(my first!)She adored it.Now her 15 year old sister wants one that she can take to football games in the fall.I have been doing alot of driving and not enough crocheting.(my dd finshed her jr.year in college -had to help her move.)

Now back to what I love-I need to pick a pattern to crochet.Has anyone crocheted anything from the book"Crocheted Afghans" by Donna Kooler?I may try on called"Love"on page 56.It is really cool!"it is made of simple squaresthat spell out the word love with unique geometric shapes"(such a heart,a diamond...)It is made of squares in enough colors that I will use up lots of scrap yarn.I crochet tonight and let you know how it goes! Leslie :) :) p.s. it is very crazy for me to on on this project at the moment-

:hook

I am searching for a pattern for nativity figurines. all of them including wisemen, sheep, shepherds, oxen, camels, donkey. Anyone know of where i can find those patterns. Much appreciated.

maybe you can use this program to make your own pattern.

http://www.microrevolt.org/knitPro/

( thats how I made my patern ;) )

I think I've found the pattern I'm going to use. Its from an Annie's Attic mile a minute booklet. The pattern is a granny mile a minute. I was looking through all my patterns last night and I decided that I didn't feel like doing small motifs. I'm just not in the mood right now to sew alot of squares together. I'll start looking at my stash yarn today. I can't wait to get started.

I have finished (just the edging to go) my Around the World quiltghan. I will be starting a scrapghan from Big Book of Scrap Crochet Afghans. It is called Chapeaus. Someone had a picture of it on this thread. I have wanted to make this afghan for a long time. Now is the time:cheer :yes

Hi Sprtsbear - it was me that put up the picture of the chapeau's scrapghan. I still have to sew the squares together to finish it. Just wanted to say I think you'll enjoy making this afghan. Its really fun to see all the little chapeaus come together. Pretty easy pattern too! Post pictures of yours when you get some squares done!

Lynn

Today was a fun day! I got up this morning and decided I really needed to do some housework before my husband started to hide my crochet. So I drug out my steam cleaner and went after my livingroom carpet!

I have one of those Hoover steamers the size of an upright vacuum cleaner and it really does a good job but it's murder on my back. I had to sit down and rest a bit afterward but I didn't touch any of my squares.

This evening after dinner I did something I was hoping would be fun. I went to a Knit and Crochet club at our public library. The club only meets for an hour every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month. It was a small gathering, only about 8 people. I was the only one crocheting, everyone else was knitting except for the lady that was doing some macrame'. I did manage to get an afghan square done in that time. :yay

Afterward I went to my old job (Walmart) and picked on a few of my buddies and bought a skein of bright yellow RH SS. Not even sure what I'm going to do with it yet! Oh well, that was my day! How was everyone else's?

Well, I finally decided on a pattern for my afghan. It is called Trip Around the World from an afghan magazine I picked up at a supermarket checkout line. I'm going to use what I have on hand right now which are alost of earth tones I have left from an afghan I made my grandson. I have 10 of the little squares done already. They only have 2 rounds in each square. I figure I'll just use up the yarn and see how the squares fit together after I get a bunch of different colors done, and go from there. Happy crocheting!

I know it's kinda late in the game, but is it OK if I join in? I can't decide if I want to make an icon out of the Wavy Chevron pattern from the Encyclopedia of Crochet, or one of the scrapghans from The Ultimate Book of Scrap Afghans (Remember Dad, Threads of Time and Shells from the Sea look really nice). But the Stained Glass Window scrapghan looks great, too! So many choices, how will I make up my mind?:eek

I've already changed my mind over what pattern to do. I did three of these squares last week. http://pandacrochet.8m.com/crossmyheart.html

So I think I'll make this my scrap afghan. I'm trying to use whites and different shades of pink. I was going to donate this to my local Project Linus chapter but today I received an email that the chapter will be closing.:( So I'll have to find another place to donate it to.

Hi everyone:hi , I would like to join in the Scrap-ghan CAL. I'm going to try the Yo-Yo afghan I'm a newbie and this will be my very first...So be gentle :haha ...LOL.... I look forward to many more if I can get through this one.:yay

Hi Kelly,

Promise ------ we'll go easy! LOL You'll get through this and many more --- I guarantee!!!:cheer

Lynn

:think I know and i only have made 10.....:eek ,,,LOL.... But it shouldn't take tooo long, I like to work on them at night when I watch TV. I'll have them before you know it......Putting them all together will be the real challenge.:yes

How cool is that Russian join?!?!:D I always hated the joining new yarn thing. Too much bulk...too many ends...try to hide the join. I was always so trying to make it perfect. This going to make me love to change yarns!:) Maggie

I have been so busy,I am just beginning my first Hexagon motif---I just did one.It is easy,but different then the granny squares I have been doing.So I am off to a slow start.I guess picking the pattern may be the hardest part.I have decided that this is for fun and I am not going to stress myself out to do it on "deadline"(a habit from my job)It is time a make something for me.Everyone's aphagans,squares,motif's look great and have me inspired to begin this scrap-gan. Leslie

Archived