Brown shawl story

cupcake

heheh, I present the Brown Shawl Story....in the tradition of my other shaggy dog stories ( ala Red shawl story, Scrap shawl story and Easter crochet story) ...

I bought this wool for about 50c a ball at the Christmas sales. Bear in mind Christmas is stinkin hot summer here, so there is not a real demand for wool. Had no idea what to do with it, only that it was a real bargain. :D Any way I made a shawl, which sort of started with a pattern and then I made it up as I went along.

Yesterday was ANZAC day and we went out for a walk and a cup of coffee. It is now autumn and there is starting to be a nip in the air.

Here is the sunset looking across the broadwater from where we had coffee:

small1ax.jpg

Here is my shawl with the boats floating above. Now I am trying real hard to make the picture interesting and this was a challenge to take. Mainly cos the passers by were wondering what the hell I was up to putting the shawl on the railing, and photographing it :think .

img74388bo.jpg

Now here is me looking dopey in front of the cycads. If I smile my son says I look like I am posing... (as if this is my natural stance) :lol :lol It does throw about the body rather snuggly tho. And how cool are the gardens!

d67d0480eaca573f6bfa1707213343.jpg

Here are some more boats, just in case you are interested:

d67e2c53c262b23e695b5c220929f1.jpg

And here is the final glimpse of the sun setting in the West.....

smallest4sw.jpg

after that we went aahhhh, and came home, had dinner and I continued on my 200 block CAL.

Thanks for looking. :manyheart

I'm so glad you endured the curious looks of passersby as you bravely photographed your wonderful brown shawl just for us! And the water and boat and sunset pictures all added to the story. You look lovely in your shawl. I love all your stories and pictures too, and always look forward to your posts. :manyheart:cheer:clap

I love it when you post your interesting stories and the photos. I feel like I have taken a trip and didn't even leave my chair! Cheapest Air Fare around is in your own mind. Love the shawl and the color is great!

I love it when you post your interesting stories and the photos. I feel like I have taken a trip and didn't even leave my chair! Cheapest Air Fare around is in your own mind. Love the shawl and the color is great!

crochetmama

I'm so glad you endured the curious looks of passersby as you bravely photographed your wonderful brown shawl just for us! And the water and boat and sunset pictures all added to the story. You look lovely in your shawl. I love all your stories and pictures too, and always look forward to your posts.

Thanks for your nice comments. I appreciate that people read this stuff.:manyheart

I read "this stuff" too! I love looking at your photos. You live in such a beautiful part of the world. As for the shawl...the pattern has a very nice contemporary look to it. Did you design this yourself? I'd be interested to know what pattern you used.:)

edit: Uh oh, I just noticed that you wrote you made it up yourself. Any quick instructions available?

Hi Cupcake! I love your shawl!

The weather in Australia :kangaroo is the same as in Argentina :mcow , we have Summer in Christmas and now is Fall! :earth

The pictures with the boats are very similar to a place in Buenos Aires!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived