How many hours per week do you crochet?

Hopefully this isn't a duplicate but I did look and couldn't find this particular question posed.

The reason I ask is that until I sat down and thought about it I never thought the number was so high.

I figured I average about 40 hours per week give or take a few.

I am able to crochet at work alot during down time. On a normal day that would come to about 4-5 hours except the 2 or 3 days a month that we are slammed busy. Then I crochet usually at least one-2 hours after dinner watching tv before bed. Then on Sundays I usually do it in between all my cleaning, laundry and such.

I was flabbergasted when I thought about that. How many does everyone else average?

i figure i average around 40-50. i only work part time and the rest of it i spend running errands and crocheting. it all accumulates so fast, i love making baby clothes so i need more friends to start having babies! i know what you mean adding it up really does seem like a lot more than i would normally admit to.

Lol, I wish I could crochet as often as you two!!! Hmm, I think it varies with how projects are going and stuff. Recently I've had my son's birthday party, and the other night I had a candle party (which was a lot of fun!)

On a good week day, 1/2 - 3 hours a day. (or night)

Weekends, depends too, If i'm going away for work, I crochet on the ferry 2.5 hrs, and on the bus. about 1/2 hr.

But, I work m-f 8:30-4:30. I would love to take crocheting with me to work, as it can get quiet....but I think that I would neglect my work, to Crochet! I have brought things, and co-workers have asked me about it. During Valentines day, I was crocheting my son hearts to give out to his class, and a co-worker ordered a drawstring bag with a heart on it. :-)

So, maybe 3-21 hrs a week? something like that. It's never long enough!!!!!

*my husband and son know well my response when they ask to do something while i'm crocheting...."just let me finish this row!"

Jeez, I am right there with you, Butterfly Girl! I am lucky if I get an hour a night. I usually only take a 1/2 lunch because my day is already eaten up with my commute (anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours each way and I'm driving so no hookin :( ). I just bought some of those diet shakes for lunch so I can crochet and "eat" :lol

Weekends can be anywhere from nothing to an occasional 5 hour stretch (rare)... but no matter how much it is, it's never enough!

Some nights I crochet about an hour or so. Other nights I get to crochet 3-4 hours. And on weekends, I crochet about 8 hours a day. Hmm. By my calculations I think I crochet about 30 hours a week. That's almost a full time job! I never realized... I probably actually only crochet about 25 hours a week though.

I envy you being able to crochet so much. I only have time to crochet a couple hours a week nowadays. Before I went to work fulltime, I crocheted about 40 hours a week and sure miss it. I can't crochet at work which is a bummer.

I average about 15 hours a week. I work in a school so I long for weeks like next week's spring break where I may be able to finish a whole project in one week. I typically can crochet an hour each evening (the best way to unwind from the stress of running a school) and then I go crazy on the weekends and crochet as much as I can. I often wonder if I could get away with crocheting in meetings where I am just listening and not running them, but I don't think that will ever be a social norm. Has anyone ever developed stiffness or carpal tunnel (spelling?) from crocheting so much?

I get 2 twenty minute breaks at work and then I crochet about 20 minute of my lunch time--I eat in 10 minutes so I can crochet the rest of the time. Then at night I can get in about 2-3 hours depending on what's going on that night with my boys' schedules. So probably 20-25 hours a week I suppose. If nothing is planned for my weekend, I can get a lot of hours in then--after i clean my house--choke choke cough cough....yeah right..lol lol lol I'd rather be crocheting!

Speaking of which.....I need to go so I can get some crocheting done now before it is time to go to bed!!:hook

Right now I have been able to crochet or knit alot. I had knee surgery the end of Jan. and I'm not back to work yet. I usually only get to really concentrate on projects while I watch TV in the evenings. I start work at 4 AM when I'm working so need to get some sleep and not alot of project time. I'm a "vampire" in a hospital, so I have needles of one kind or another in my hands all day long!

i usually only crochet a few (2-3) hours at night while i watch tv. sometimes, i am too tired to even do that. on the weekends it is more or less the same.

I usually average 3-4 hours per night while I am watching tv. On the weekends I try to get in about 6 hours a day. For the last year, I've been averaging one afghan a week (give or take). So overall, my crocheting is a second full time job. Hadn't thought about it like that before.

I'd say I too do about 40-50 hours a week in crochet. I'm a SAHM so I have a lot of time on my hands when the kids are at school. I don't usually do it in the evening but I might start. Just sitting in front of the computer or just watching tv is soooooo boring :P

5-10 hrs per week, but that is mostly done while multi-tasking (doing something else, i.e. watching tv, reading the newspaper)...free time is not cheap for me. :(

I would say when I'm going full tilt, I'd say conservatively 20 to 30 hours a week...it could be more...but then the house would go downhill fast...I don't crochet when I'm on the computer unless I'm wanting to chat and finish up a small project, which I've only done a couple of times...

I would have to say that most of my crocheting happens at night while watching tv...but it's not limited to that.

Even when I worked outside the home and was crocheting like crazy years ago, it wasn't hard to rack up this many hours because I'd crochet on the bus or ferry boat, I'd crochet on breaks and lunches, plus that evening crocheting...

This week, while I've been still crocheting, I've slowed down a bit...I've actually gone a couple of days without picking up the crochet hook (gasp!) But I'm gearing up to a full day plus of crocheting today, because I really want to get a few projects finished that have been slowing me down...

After teaching all day I settle down on the sofa about 6:30 PM and crochet until 8:30PM when I can't keep my eyes open any longer. Usually I watch TV or listen to a book on tape, but some nights I just sit there and enjoy silence of which there is very little in a second grade classroom!

Three years until retirement and then my DH says I can "crochet until I die!"

After teaching all day I settle down on the sofa about 6:30 PM and crochet until 8:30PM when I can't keep my eyes open any longer. Usually I watch TV or listen to a book on tape, but some nights I just sit there and enjoy silence of which there is very little in a second grade classroom!

Three years until retirement and then my DH says I can "crochet until I die!"[/QUOTE]

:lol I'm sorry, but that just tickled me...

5-10 hrs per week, but that is mostly done while multi-tasking (doing something else, i.e. watching tv, reading the newspaper)...free time is not cheap for me. :(

Yeah, I know what you mean. And I have adult ADD, so most of my multi-tasking goes unfinished LOL! 20 tasks just waiting for me to REMEMBER to come back to them. It's like my brain stays on fast forward, and I don't have the remote. I get at least a couple of hours each night after work, and several on the weekends. So I'd guess I get somewhere around 15 hours per week.

:hook

Wow. Its pretty cool the variation we've got here. Anywhere from only 3 hours to 60 per week?!

As for me...I get 45 minutes for lunch. Taking 15 to eat I get about 30 to crochet. I sometimes will get 15-30 after making dinner, before I pick up my husband from work. Then I crochet for at least 4 hours after dinner; either listening to the radio or watching tv.

On Friday nights, we drive my kids to visit their biomom for the weekend and we split the drive. I can crochet while I passenge (new verb?:lol ) and its a 1 1/2, 2 hour drive, one way. The weekends are hit and miss, but I usually get at least 4 hours Saturday night watching movies and 4-6 on Sunday).

So lets see...that's a total of...around 33 hours. Not bad. Not nearly as much as my husband would have guessed. He gave me an idea for a great t-shirt.

"If the yarn in my house was drugs, I'd be in jail right now!":lol :lol :lol

Monica

I'd have to say about 3 hours a day (1/2 in the morning before work and about 2 1/2 hours in front of the TV at night). I have to be careful, though, as I have recurring tendonitis. I try to take frequent breaks. Usually, I have a morning project going and an evening project.

Not nearly as much as I would like or have in the past but a good guestimate would be about 10-15 hours per week.

I usually crochet in the eveings while watching T.V. so I crochet about 10-15 hours a week. I work a part time job that feels like a full time job. and I don't take my projects to work becuase I only get a couple of 15 minute breaks and it's not enough time to really accomplish much.

Archived