Brown And White Afghan.

Crochet Smooches

Hello Everyone:

I made this blanket for a chair in the master bedroom. It is made with the colors of my bedroom. My boyfriend has been on me to make this blanket, and now he's a happy camper. Please take a look and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

Brown Blanket

http://photobucket.com/albums/v465/Crochet/?action=view&current=brownblanket.jpg

Close-up of stitches

http://photobucket.com/albums/v465/Crochet/?action=view&current=brownstitches.jpg

I really like this....I've been wanting to try a large solid granny afghan. Did you find it curling up at all on the ends? The one time I attempted it, it seemed like there were too many stitches on the sides. After I made the corner, there was a stitch and if I did the stitch it seemed like there were too many stitches. If I skipped the stitch, then it was too tight. Any suggestions???

I really like this....I've been wanting to try a large solid granny afghan. Did you find it curling up at all on the ends? The one time I attempted it, it seemed like there were too many stitches on the sides. After I made the corner, there was a stitch and if I did the stitch it seemed like there were too many stitches. If I skipped the stitch, then it was too tight. Any suggestions???

Hi Sweetie:

Thanks so much for the compliments. Mine did not curl at all, it went quite smoothly, what I did I crocheted 2dc ch2 2dc for corners and then working in dc until I got to the other corner and repeated the 2dc ch2 2dc.......and that's how mine turned out. I hope this helps somewhat.

Thank you so much for the help. I'm going to give it another try. I really want mine to come out like yours. My mom doesn't like holes, so I wanted to make her a solid one instead of a large normal granny square.

The brown colors are great. My mom and I love brown, tan and creme colors.:hug

Hi Sweetie:

Thanks so much for the compliments. Mine did not curl at all, it went quite smoothly, what I did I crocheted 2dc ch2 2dc for corners and then working in dc until I got to the other corner and repeated the 2dc ch2 2dc.......and that's how mine turned out. I hope this helps somewhat.

Oh i would love to make one yours turned out really nice i love the colors and looks like it would be a great afghan to cover up with at night on the couch. Where did ya get the pattern from?

Thank you so much, I got the pattern from an old granny square pattern book I have at home, the book is so old, it is older than dirt:D :D , I just kept on crocheting until the square got larger, and changing colors every 6 rows and doing 2 rows of black, it worked up so fast and it was so much fun to make.

Thanks again.

Archived