Extended Single Crochet Shawl--Pattern Added 3/8/06

Roli

I whipped up this shawl for a Canadian friend who is leaving Florida to go home for the summer. I used Lion Jiffy and a plastic P hook. The entire thing is just extended single crochet. The fringe is made using Juffy and a few strands of Patons Grace.

Carol1small.jpg

Roli that is beautiful.

It looks so nice and cozy and I will bet your friend is not liking the idea of having to come back to the Canadian cold. As I sit here looking out of my window at 7:41 AM it is -12C (+5F).

Pardon my ignorance but what is and "extended single crochet" stitch?

June

That is a great looking shawl! I love the extended sc stitch! Not as boring to do as sc and it looks great!

It goes like so: insert hook in stitch, wrap yarn and draw thru only one loop, wrap one more time and draw through 2 loops.

I made a dish towel in esc alternating back and front loops. I like the way it looks so much I plan to do a sweater in that stitch pattern.

Oh wow! I sooooo love how that turned out! I need to make a prayer shawl for a dear friend, and I think it would be lovely if it looked like yours. Would you be be willing to give a few more details on how you made it? Like begining chain count, etc. Thanks in advance!

:manyheart

Archived