Bag from Drew's Pattern

sunshine1977

Here is the second of the bags I made from Drew's pattern. I made this one for my mom who is here visiting this week, so I finally got it lined!

MomsBagOutside.jpgMomsBagInside.jpg

The first picture is the ouside, and for the second one I turned it wrong side out to display the lining...I love how it came out!

Laurie:hook

Thanks ladies! I used Symphonia cotton yarn I got from Hobby Lobby and actually bought the lining before I got the yarn to go in another of my recently made bags, but it was perfect for this one! I just love Drew's pattern - very quick and easy! I made one in Woolease chunky that is larger, and am making another in Symphonia in a purple color for myself. Can't wait to get that one made!

P.S. My mom does LOVE her bag!

It's wonderful! Those colors are great and the lining is beautiful.:cheer I think it's pretty enough to even be worn that way. It's like a reversible purse. Feel like crochet look today, wear it crochet, feel like fabric look today, wear it fabric.

How did you line it? I want to line a purse I'm making, and I'm wondering if it can reasonably be done by hand (or my HandyStitch).

Thanks again everyone! It is very special to have a nice compliment from the designer of this pattern as well!! Thanks Drew, for a wonderful pattern!!

Mom and Dad are on their way back home tomorrow morning...I love to have them come visit, but will be glad to have time to get back to my hooks and yarn....it has been a long week without them!!:lol:lol

How did you line it? I want to line a purse I'm making, and I'm wondering if it can reasonably be done by hand (or my HandyStitch).

The lining was really very easy...I turned the bag wrong side out, placed it on the fabric (which was folded in half as it comes off the bolt), doing my best to get the grain straight, but really jut eyeballing it! I took my trusty chalk wheel and drew around the outside of the bag, adding about 1/2" or a tiny bit more for the seam, cut on the drawn line, turned right sides together and sewed around the outside curve of the lining and clipped the curves. Then I put wrong sides together, lining inside the bag, folded the raw edge of the fabric to the inside and pinned the edge around the opening and just hemstitched around the opening by hand! It almost took me longer to set up my machine and get the tension right than to do the lining!

Archived