Victorian afghan

Sarah

I wanted to make this afghan for a long time and finally found an opportunity to make it for a friend. It is the "Very Victorian" afghan in the A-Z afghan book. I decided to leave the ruffles off from the border. I had a fun time making this one and will do it again.

Happy New Year everyone!

royalblueafghan3.jpg

royalblueafghan4.jpg

Rachel-

I am still not too familiar with what is involved with determining difficulty, but I would guess the skill level is around advanced-beginner. It's a basic shell-type stitch of double crochet stitches for the main body, and the filet-like border is worked at the beginning and end of each row. After a few rows, you won't need the book any more. The ruffles that should have been on the border that I didn't use was a little trickier to read.

Thanks for taking the time to look!

It is a great pattern and a beautiful afghan. What stitch did you use is it a hard pattern to follow? I am new to crochet and I am looking for simple patterns so I can do a few projects. Theresa from NC:clap

It is a great pattern and a beautiful afghan. What stitch did you use is it a hard pattern to follow? I am new to crochet and I am looking for simple patterns so I can do a few projects. Theresa from NC:clap

Hi Theresa! It was an easier pattern for me to follow and it goes pretty fast. It is a fan stitch done in double crochet. The border is a filet-type stitch. The pattern book is called something like "Afghans A-Z" and it is the "Very Victorian" pattern.

Archived