Sweater for Hubby

crochet smartcat

This is the first piece of clothing that I have finished and been 100% satisfied with the fit. The pattern is from an older pattern book (probably out of print) and I used 100% wool, since he needed a nice warm sweater to wear outside while he was working. Several people have commented that it is too nice to wear out in the shop and working on cars etc, and that it might be a reason for divorce if he messed it up. But since I went to all the work to make him something for that particular purpose I would be way more offended if he put it on a shelf and only wore it occasionally (meaning once a year at most). I told him the best compliment he can give me is that he wears it out due to constant wear. [images are clickable]

th_1122001.jpg th_1122002.jpg

I love the sweater you made for your hubby and that you don't mind that he wears it for work.

My hubby has been after me for years to make him one and I haven't done so yet! I guess I should get off my duff in the new year and make him one, he is worth every minute I put into the sweater and more..... Thanks for making me think of finally getting to it :hug

Nice sweater. I agree with you. Why make something that gets set on a shelf because it is too nice to wear? I say, wear the thing out so I can make another one. :hook

That's very nice- DH has asked me to make him a sweater too but he's going to have to wait till I've gotten everything I need to get done before christmas first. My son wants a Dennis the meanace sweater for his birthday (red and black stripes) so I really have to get that done first.

And I agree that even if it is really nice it would be a shame for him not to wear it for the purpose it was made.

Archived