CLOSED 2019 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

It’s going to be bad...😈 We went to the Tolland Fiber Festival and then visited Ewe & You yarn shop in Windsor. I haven’t counted all the skeins yet, but it might be “shoot the moon” time... 🤣

• Like 1

It was a wild and crazy time at the CT Sheep & Wool Festival, and then later at Ewe & You.  I bought sock yarn, more sock yarn, and then yarn to make a sweater.  I'm still trying to figure out where to put it all (to say that I have a lot of skeins around would be an understatement)!

WTD = -18 and YTD = +31

:sheepjump:devil :shrug

• Like 1

Happy Saturday everyone!!

This week I finished the Spring 2019 CAL from The Crochet Crowd, using 1 ball up there. I also started the 0Flora CAL from them and used 3 balls on that. Each new pattern is going to be released on the 15th of each month, so I'll be working on that through October. I also got back to work on the Sons of Anarchy graphgan for my nephew after not touching it for nearly 2 weeks and used up 2 balls there. I'm about 1/3 of the way done with that.

WTD: +6

YTD: +115

And right now I'm really struggling with myself because I have 2 blankets (graphgans) planned for my adopted grandsons.  I've got the patterns printed, the stitch counts done, and the yarn in my stash. I want to pull the yarn and at least start on them...I'm thinking work on each of the 3 graphgans for an hour each night....but I also feel like I shouldn't and just focus on the SOA that I've already got started on....thoughts?? All 3 are going to the same address and the grand's bdays are in July so I really want to get them all done & mailed by then... 

20190423_153944.jpg

20190427_182856.jpg

• Like 2

WTD scores for the week ending 4/27/19:

Gold Medal Winner: pinekott +24

Silver Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +6

Bronze Medal Winner tie: Ellie 13, greyhoundgrandma, MalisaMeesa +4

Holding Steady at 0:

KoalaLovesYarn

TexasPurl

Shoot the Moon Winner: PBLKNP -18

• Like 1

YTD scores for the end of April:

Gold Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +115

Silver Medal Winner: pineknott +91

Bronze Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +44

greyhoundgrandma +41

PBLKNP +31

KoalaLovesYarn -19

April's Shoot the Moon Winner: TexasPurl -290

• Like 1

Oh, my...I had a feeling I was going to Shoot the Moon!  I'll put in a reminder to do the totals next week!  I'm still working on my cocoon/shrug, so hopefully I'll use up a few more skeins. 

:manyheart

I am HIGHLY FRUSTRATED. Crochetville is acting up for me. I have had to change my login at least 5 times in the past week because when I bring up the forum (I have it on my favorites bar on my browser for easy access to this thread) I am suddenly no longer logged in despite having my login saved to my browser with Chrome. Each time I re-save the new password and it works for like 5 minutes but then I go to recheck an hour later and I'm signed out again and the newly saved password doesn't work.

Anyone else having this sort of issue?

I'm sorry you're having a problem getting in. I know there are people that are having an issue or have had one, but I don't know any specifics on it or how it was resolved.

My couch took my hook, so I had to pull the pillows/cushions off to get it. While fighting with my couch, I found the hook, 2 pencils, scissors, a pack of gum (3 pieces left) and a ball of white I thought I finished :irk . Well, I finished the blue and purple squares and made 3 pocket prayer shawls :cheer . I used 2 skeins, a ball and the ball the couch ate (I won't count it, since I thought it was already used). I have to go to Michael's tomorrow, to get doily thread and black embroidery floss (does floss count?). I don't know how much I'll get. If I can't get back here to post, I'll take it off next weeks score.

WTD:  + 5   YTD:  + 49

Ellie 13

Another busy day today. Will be truck shopping for DH (grumble :irk, grumble :rant). Not my favorite pastime! I finished the Mother's day CAL. Will gift it to mom this week. 

WTD +2

Have a great week everyone!

20190502_163114.jpg

• Like 2

Very pretty, Debbie!

I crocheted a little this week but nothing accomplished. Can't seem to get motivated. I ordered some yarn so I'll be in the negatives next week.

WTD 0

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Ellie 13 said:

My couch took my hook, so I had to pull the pillows/cushions off to get it. While fighting with my couch, I found the hook, 2 pencils, scissors, a pack of gum (3 pieces left) and a ball of white I thought I finished :irk . Well, I finished the blue and purple squares and made 3 pocket prayer shawls :cheer . I used 2 skeins, a ball and the ball the couch ate (I won't count it, since I thought it was already used). I have to go to Michael's tomorrow, to get doily thread and black embroidery floss (does floss count?). I don't know how much I'll get. If I can't get back here to post, I'll take it off next weeks score.

WTD:  + 5   YTD:  + 49

Ellie 13

I wouldn't count the embroidery floss unless you are actually crocheting it instead of using it for stitching accents onto something that's crocheted. Does that make sense?

Happy Saturday everyone ♡

I've been hooking up a storm this week, made a ton of progress on my Sons of Anarchy graphgan, started the design for one of my grands, realized it was going to make me insane, scrapped it, found 2 new designs for the grands and got those all set lol I also made a penguin cuddler for my friend's son.  All told I used up 10 balls and 4 skeins this week!

WTD :+18

YTD :+133

For the week ending 5/4/2019!   :manyheart

Gold Medal Winner!  Inkked0317  +18

Silver Medal Winner!  KoalaLovesYarn  +11

Bronze Medal Winner!  Pineknott  +6

Using up that stash!

Ellie13  +5
TexasPurl  +2

Holding Steady!

Greyhoundgrandma  0
PBLKNP  0

SHOOT THE MOON!!!  MalisaMeesa  -4

• Like 1

Oh boy oh boy!!! The annual tent sale is happening here in NC ♡ Hubs spoiled me!!! I got a total of 52 new skeins and I'm so happy lol. I'm betting that I'll get Catch the Moon this week but it's so worth it lol

20190508_110418.jpg

• Like 1