CLOSED 2019 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

2019 Stashbusting CAL

This is a continuation of last year's game. With the start of the new year, you get to start with ZERO for your point score. If you want, keep your 2018 score in your signature to remind you to "Do Better".

Here are the general rules:

Please sign up to this thread. I will be putting all the names at the end of this post so that we know who's playing.

Also, please put a line in your signature for Stashbusting score. Example: WTD=+5 YTD=+27.

Please post your scores by Midnight on Saturday, so that the scorekeeper can pick them up. Shortly after that, the scorekeeper will be tallying the scores and posting them on Sunday.

Please make your score easy to be seen. Large numbers and pretty colors really help.

Example:

WTD=+7 YTD=-9

WTD= week to date and YTD = Year to date.

First (gold), second (silver) and third (bronze) will be noted on the scorekeeping list on Sunday, along with all the other scores. If you have the largest total in receiving yarn and not using it up, it is called the "Shoot the Moon" award.

The "Shoot the Moon" winner from the previous week will be responsible for posting the scores the following week. If the "Shoot the Moon" winner is not available to post the scores, please contact greyhoundgrandma as early as possible so that scores can be posted in a timely manner.

The scorekeeper should post by 12 noon Eastern Time on Sunday. If it will be posted at another time, due to work, church, etc., please notify the group so that they will know when to expect their scores.

Scorekeeping

For every skein of yarn you use up completely, you get two (2) points.

For every skein of yarn that you roll into a ball, you get one (1) point.

For every ball of yarn you use up, you get one (1) point.

For every skein of yarn you buy, receive, or inherit, you lose two (2) points.

For every ball of yarn you buy, receive, or inherit, you lose one (1) point.

A skein of yarn is a brand new bundle that you have bought at a store or its equivalent. If you roll it into smaller cakes or balls, it will still count as two (2) points when you use them completely. You count points for yarn that you use in crocheting, knitting, crafting or give away.

This is an on-going CAL. Feel free to join at any time!

When you start playing with us for the first time, you DON'T COUNT what's in your stash. For many of us, that would be impossible. You get points when you use up what's in your stash or lose points when you add to your stash.

Your first scores will be posted January 5th, and the first list of scores will be posted on January 6th for the week ending on January 5th.

If you have any questions just post them to the thread.

Good luck with your stashbusting!

2018 Stashbusters:

ambiekraftsreads

Anna Shuster-Smith

darski

Ellie 13

greyhoundgrandma

howieann

Inkked0317

JustDeb

KoalaLovesYarn

MalisaMeesa

owlvamp

PBLKNP

pineknott

TexasPurl

Edited by greyhoundgrandma

I am rather torn on this one.  I have hit another crochet wall in that I can only crochet for several minutes and then I cannot go on and rest until tomorrow.

Would it be ok for me to state I intend to participate but not post until I can actually do something?

I would love to encourage and commiserate with all of you even if I am not getting stuff done.

Count me in!  Always such fun!  The funny part is when I buy or acquire yarn, and my better half exclaims, “You have to add that to your STASH TOTALS you know!!!”  😂 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

You are welcome to participate on any level you choose. We are glad to hear from you whether you are able to crochet or post scores each week or not.

Thank you  (((hugs)))

2 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Happy New Year! to everyone. I'm finally feeling better and hope to get some crocheting time in today. Haven't had the energy to do anything but fall asleep in front of the tv since last week.

So glad you're feeling better Mona!

Christmas & the holidays are officially over in our home. Just took down the last of the outside decorations. Stopped to eat a bite & now to get it all stored away. 

I'm gonna sit & stitch in front of the TV later! Happy New Year! I'm so excited to set my scores back to 0!

Edited by TexasPurl

We’re crazy people who put off taking down the decorations for as long as possible!  Today, I’m doing to keep going with my new giant shrug kit I got for Christmas! It’s one of those patterns where you have to count like crazy, so I’ll probably have to do it at home, rather than have it as a CIP project. 

• Like 1

The yarn is Lion Brand Heartland, so a worsted weight.  So far, it’s a fairly easy pattern, but you have to count.  I want to get myself some more stitchmarkers so that it will be easier.  

Lyn - I hope some yarning will bring some peace to your heart. Thinking of you :)

Darski - So happy to see you back at it.

Just a quick fly by to post scores & say hello. The Texans are about to play & the Cowboys play right after. 

WTD +3

Have a fabulous week everyone!

Lyn, hope you'll soon have some quiet time for yourself. You and your family are in my prayers.

Darski, good week! Hope you can continue that well.

I got in a little crocheting this afternoon, but nothing else used up.

WTD +2