Gold Medal Winner:  TexasPurl  +8
Silver Medal Winner:  greyhoundgrandma  +3

Holding Steady!

MalisaMeesa  0
PBLKNP  0
pineknott  0

No Shoot the Moon this week!  Thanks all!  :manyheart

• Like 1

Last Mon., at the library, I :crocheting the last 2 squares, but it took longer than I thought. I had just finished, when the librarian told us we only had 10 mins left (where did 3 hours go :think ?). So I didn't get to post. All week I was busy so I didn't do a lot :crocheting , but I got the 9 patch baby afghan done this morning. Since last Mon. I finished the endless skein, donated 3 skeins and used 1/2 a 14 oz. skein (+ 8 ) :cheer . I gained 2 balls (- 2) :( . This score is for last week and this week so far. I hope to be able to add more by Sat.

WTD:  + 6  YTD:  + 66

I used up two of the cake balls....+2. Started a solid granny lap throw with them. That's going to be my travel project next week. I keep thinking that won't be enough, but I usually take way more than I have time to work on.

WTD +3

This week I did more baking than :crocheting . I noticed 1 of my potholders is stained, faded, and has a burn mark. While trying to get a pan out of the toaster oven, my good potholder touched the heating coil and caught fire. I blew it out and tossed it in the sink (didn't set off the smoke detector :whew). So, now I need 2 new potholders. I got out the bag of cotton :yarn  and found 1 skein Sugar & Cream and 2 big balls cotton (slightly used). So, this week I made 4 pocket prayer shawls and 1 potholder. I used 2 balls and the Sugar & Cream skein (+ 4)  :cheer . Last night I found a "gift" by my door, a bag of :yarn , 3 balls (- 3). With the (+ 6) I posted Mon. this is my final score for the week.

WTD:  + 7  YTD:  + 67

Ellie 13

Edited by Ellie 13

Welp! I did a little bit of Damage to my stash this week. I have nothing to do during the day because my job doesn't start until the week after next so I've been working up little round motifs to put onto a wall art piece I've been working on every so often since 2014!! I was also recruited into Dungeons and dragons, so while i'm not rolling my dice and taking my turn I knit and crochet! I've played 2 3-4 hour sessions and made 4 hats! the hats each took a half a skein and I used up 6 balls of scraps on my wall art!

WTD +8!

I came close, but no skeins used up, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD 0 YTD +31

Next week may be a different story, as I’m trying to figure out a baby sweater project. My great-niece is expecting again! 

Hi everyone! 

Last week I made a baby blanket sized Cosmic CAL and used a skein & 2 balls. I also made 3 squares for my Flora CAL and used 3 balls there. This week I've started the Pheonix CAL (1 rd left in pt 6, pt 7 was just released Friday) and I've used 4 full skeins on that so far. Also got a new puppy so I haven't laid anything out to get pictures yet lol but I will soon!

WTD: +15

YTD: +15

20190615_091723.jpg

Edited by Inkked0317
Forgot a project
  • Like 1

Oh dear! I believe I'm headed to the moon. Not much stitchin' this week & quite a bit of buyin'. We took a mini vacation with our son's family to New Braunfels this week. I took a small project with me but never touched it. Had a wonderful time but it sure was hot. We visited a small German community (Gruene) with lots of shops and eateries. There was a great little yarn shop that I had to step in. Subsequently, I bought 9 hanks of a really pretty cotton that may be a summer top at some point. 

WTD -18

Have a Happy Week!

• Like 1

Scores for the week ending 6/22/19:

Gold Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +15

Silver Medal Winner: MalisaMeesa +8

Bronze Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +7

greyhoundgrandma +3

PBLKNP 0

pineknott 0

Shoot the Moon Winner: TexasPurl -18

• Like 1

Here are my pictures! Cosmic Cal (in the orange colorway) completed through rd 49 for a baby blanket. My 3 sets of squares for the Flora CAL from The Crochet Crowd. And, the Phoenix CAL's first 6 sections completed. For both Cosmic and Phoenix, I'm using Caron Cakes and just letting the colors change as they will. Cosmic took 2 skeins and more than half of a third, and I've just finished the 6th skein on Pheonix and I believe there are 4 or 5 more sections to still be released. 

20190624_125152.jpg

20190624_125236.jpg

20190624_125300.jpg

• Like 3

Hello!! I used to be on here as krazycrocheter/Amber. Now I am ambiekraftsreads aka ambie. I would like to join this challenge. I would just like someone to explain it to me. I know you start with 0, but do you add or subtract when you use up a skein of yarn? Same with acquiring yarn? 

Happy Crocheting and God Bless

• Like 1

Welcome back! All the details are in the first post of the thread, but here's the short version. Since it's all about using up your stash, getting yarn (buying, being given it, finding it on your front doorstep) is negative...-2 for each skein. When you use up a skein (crocheting, any crafting, give it away, dog ate it) it's positive...+2 for each skein. You start with 0 and post your score for the week each Saturday.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2019 at 9:46 AM, greyhoundgrandma said:

Welcome back! All the details are in the first post of the thread, but here's the short version. Since it's all about using up your stash, getting yarn (buying, being given it, finding it on your front doorstep) is negative...-2 for each skein. When you use up a skein (crocheting, any crafting, give it away, dog ate it) it's positive...+2 for each skein. You start with 0 and post your score for the week each Saturday.

Thank you for the welcome and refresher!! OK so I'm in!!

Happy Crocheting and God Bless 

• Like 1

Sad to say I didn't touch any yarn this week. Because of the current climate on Ravelry, I've chosen to remove my content and leave the site. I've spent more time in front of my PC moving that content to my blog than I really wanted to. That's all I'll say about that nonsense. This is no place for that conversation.

So hoping I'll get to pick up a hook this weekend!

WTD 0  YTD -303

Have a happy week everyone!