CLOSED 2019 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

Hi everyone!

I did buy 2 skeins this week (-4) but then I worked my fingers raw and finished the Sons of Anarchy graphgan for my bonus son! Used up 3 skeins and then balled 7 (+13).  This blanket is 4 ft 9 in wide by 6 ft 4 in tall...and he's 6 ft 2, so it should actually cover him!

Now basically my entire household is sick AND I've got a new semester starting on Monday, so I'm not honestly sure how much I'll be able to do in this next week. I'm hoping to get a good dent in the Elmo graphgan for my youngest grandson. We'll see lol

WTD: +9

YTD: +38

I'll be posting the scores for the group around lunchtime tomorrow ♡

20190516_213152.jpg

• Like 1

I was hoping to use up another skein over Friday and today, but it didn’t work out that way, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +0 YTD +33

Here are this week's scores!!

Top Three...

Gold: KoalaLovesYarn +19

Silver: Inkked0317 +9

Bronze: MalisaMeesa +8

Bustin the Stash...

Pineknott & Ellie13 +6

Greyhoundgrandma +2

Holding Steady...

PBLKNP 

Shoot the Moon...

TexasPurl -22

Looks like we got some hookin done this week!!♡

• Like 2

I finished the baby afghan and made 3 pocket prayer shawls Fri. night :cheer . I used 1 skein and 2 balls (+4). I spent Sat. doing laundry, wrapping the baby gifts and baking 8 1/2 doz. snicker-doodles for the baby shower. With only a toaster oven it took over 3 hours. I spent Sun. at a mermaid themed baby shower at my niece's. I crocheted on the trip to/from the party and got 3 7 1/2 inch squares done, no :yarn used yet.

WTD:  + 4   YTD:  + 53

Ellie 13

Long day at a birthday party--too much of it outside. Home under the AC now. Going to sit back and crochet.

WTD +2    YTD +21

This is the last week of the month, so please post both your WTD and YTD scores today.

Hope everyone is having a good holiday weekend!

My current project--6 flower squares make a blanket. Making one each for my GDs. I've got reservations about the pattern--Bernat Pop Petals Blanket, but I think the girls will love them. The last 5 rounds of petals don't have an increase, so it cups. The white section helps to pull it out, but not completely.

petals motif 1.jpg

petals motif 2.jpg

• Like 3

Not too much to report this week. More Excel spreadsheet work on a new locking filet design than actual stitching. 

Mona, your flower squares are gorgeous! 💕

WTD 0/YTD -305

Hope everyone is having an enjoyable holiday weekend. 

Edited by TexasPurl

Hi all!!! This week I finished my Elmo graphgan for my younger grandson ♡ used a total of 4 balls and 3 skeins on it. Now I just have to finish the Avengers logo for my older grandson and then I can ship them off....I'm hoping to have the Avengers done by Thursday because there's a Game of Thrones CAL starting Friday and I've got all my yarn just sitting here waiting for the first pattern...

I feel like I need a project to-do list intervention though.  Because I've got the Avengers on the hook,  the yarn for the Crochet Crowd Flora CAL in a bag next to my chair just waiting for the next block to be released (on the 15th of each month), I've got the yarn for the entire Game of Thrones CAL in a tub next to me, plus a list of cuddlers to make for friends kids and a trio of expectant momma's to make for...and I still keep thinking "oh that's pretty,  I'm going to make that too...." and all of that is in addition to keeping 4 humans besides myself & Hubs alive and taking a full course load at college...including one class that is seriously going to be kicking my tail for the next 10 weeks.  Sigh. So my crochet time is going to be impacted, but I'm still hoping to get 110 rows of this graphgan done in 5 days...2 of which we're running all day long with family activities....I need my head examined lol

WTD: +10

YTD: +48

20190521_192745.jpg

20190427_182856.jpg

20190515_141857.jpg

• Like 1

Week ending on 05/25/2019

🥇 Gold Medal Winner: KoalaLovesYarn +30

🥈 Silver Medal Winner: Inkked0307 +10

🥉 Bronze Medal Winner: pineknott +9

Making Progress: Ellie 13 (+4) & greyhoundgrandma (+2)

Holding Steady: MalisaMeesa, PBLKNP & TexasPurl  * 0 *

No Shoot the Moon Winner!!!

Have a great week! 💖

As we all enjoy this holiday weekend, please take a moment to reflect & thank the courageous souls who made the ultimate sacrifice for their love of our great nation.

Edited by TexasPurl
  • Thanks 1

Y-T-D standings as of May 2019

🥇 Gold Medal Winner: MalisaMeesa +261

🥈 Silver Medal Winner: pineknott +125

🥉 Bronze Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +53

Making Progress:

1. Inkked0307 +48 
  2. KoalaLoveYarn +40 
  3. PBLKNP +33
  4. greyhoundgrandma +21

🚀 Shoot the Moon Winner - TexasPurl -305

I'm going to a convention tomorrow with a friend and am going to be out of town all day and night so I'm posting tonight. I've put on a little bit of work on my spellman sweater and I've worked up half a skein of rainbow yarn into some catnip filled cat toys.

WTD + 1

• Like 1

Another big ol' -0- this week. It's so difficult to use a full ball when working in thread. I finished a Double Filet wall hanging though. It's blocking out now. :) It's so difficult to use a whole all when working in thread. 

WTD  0

Have a great week!

I was busy and haven't been here in a week (or two ?). I made some butterfly and flower pins. Last Sat. I went to my parents for lunch, then we went to a 3 PM wedding. I did a lot of :crocheting during the trip. I went to my parents, the wedding, back to my parents and home on Sun. Finished the last 8 squares for a prayer shawl. I :crocheting 14 of the 21 squares together, but I still haven't gotten to the 1/2 way point on the endless skein (28 oz.). When I finish the shawl I should have 1/2 a skein gone. So I only used 3 small balls (+3).

WTD:  + 3  YTD:  + 57

Ellie 13