CLOSED 2019 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

5 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

No crochet time the last few days. Getting everything in order to be gone again. Three weeks is longer than we've ever been away.

Thinking of y'all Mona! That's a long time to be away.

I frogged the knit cardigan (-4) & made a cute crochet cardigan (+7). Now that's done & I can get back to my curtain.

WTD +3

Have a great week everyone!

I gained a skein for my birthday...a zauberball for socks!  I also managed to part with a few balls of sock yarn to a friend. She’s making a pattern that requires small amounts of yarn. So:

WTD = +5

YTD = +45

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PBLKNP said:

I gained a skein for my birthday...a zauberball for socks!  I also managed to part with a few balls of sock yarn to a friend. She’s making a pattern that requires small amounts of yarn. So:

WTD = +5

YTD = +45

Happy birthday! 

• Like 1

No scores posted yet :think ? Well I did some :crocheting , but didn't use much :yarn . I started some smiley squares for a baby afghan. I hope to get 2 afghans done by April because the babies are due in June and July. I don't know if my niece will have a baby shower before or after the she has the baby (after seems to be the new norm.). No points this week, but definitely next week.

WTD:  0   YTD:  + 21  

Ellie 13

14 hours ago, PBLKNP said:

I gained a skein for my birthday...a zauberball for socks!  I also managed to part with a few balls of sock yarn to a friend. She’s making a pattern that requires small amounts of yarn. 

Happy Birthday Pam!

Week ending on 03/09/2019

🥇 Gold Medal Winner: PBLKNP +5

🥈 Silver Medal Winner: TexasPurl +3

🥉 Bronze Medal Winner: KoalaLovesYarn +2

Making Progress: Pineknott +1

Holding On: Greyhoundgrandma, Ellie 13  *0*

No Shoot the Moon Winner!!!

Have a great week! 💖

Edited by TexasPurl

Taking it slow this morning. We're back home. DH had some issues this weekend and his intensive chemo has been changed to conservative which will be done locally. Between the hospital and the cancer center I used up a skein on a lap throw....+2.

Pam, Belated Happy Birthday!

Edited by greyhoundgrandma

I guess I never posted last week? so I'll add it to this weeks score

Last week I got rid of another + 147 worth of yarn to local groups that needed yarn, or to my friends that decided they wanted to learn to knit.

this week I bought 6 skeins of yarn for a project! so so far I'm at

+135
We're at the point that my brother in law is waiting for his orders for the job he's taking that is causing this move to Japan. But we've been told we have a weight limit on the freighter that will be shipping our household stuff overseas. so basically if we don't need it right now, or we haven't used it in over 6 months (barring seasonal things like clothes) it's getting put into a storage unit here in Maryland to await our return, 2 or 4 years from now. So we're all unintentionally Marie Kondo-ing the house. AAAAAALLLLLLL the junk is finally getting thrown away and all the stuff we just don't use right now but will eventually will get put in storage. Our exstensive DVD collection: what we can will go digital and then sold to a second hand store, what doesn't have a digital version will go to storage. My second sewing machine: Storage. My nephews toys: mostly good will and storage. The list goes on.

MalisaMeesa,

good luck with the downsizing,as a military family we did it many times,with two overseas moves,Japan and Sicily

way back 1979,we were encouraged not to bring a vehicle over,but to buy one from a departing service member,wonder if its still the same

Mona - glad y'all made back home. Will keep DH in my prayers. Get some rest!

Malisa - good luck with the packing!

I made quite a bit of progress this week finishing  the kitchen curtain & started a lace tablecloth to be used on a parasol for my sisters wedding shop. As always with thread, takes forever to use a skein. I rolled the remaining thread from the curtain onto a smaller tube for storage. 

WTD +1

Have a great week everyone! 

sooooo I downsized the yarn stash by like a lot but then these jumped into my cart today at AC Moore regularly $9.99 I paid $3.49 each with a military discount and the sale!

53673269_2621561937858652_1988871931687862272_n.jpg.d47ca760c27eb3e0d5edb502b377dafb.jpg

so my score this week is   +125

I’ve gone back to the socks as my stepdaughter’s birthday is early next month, so I want to get them done by then. So, no skeins used up this week. 

WTD = 0, YTD = +45

Scores for the week ending 3/16/19:

Gold Medal Winner: MalisaMeesa +125

Silver Medal Winner: greyhoundgrandma +4

Bronze Medal Winner: tie at +2--pineknott and KoalaLovesYarn

TexasPurl +1

PBLKNP 0

Ellie 13 0

Another week with no Shoot the Moon Winner!

Edited by greyhoundgrandma

I did some :crocheting last week, but not as much as I wanted and I had . I made 30 squares, 6 of 5 rainbow colors for the baby afghan. They only used about 1/4 (+/-) of a skein for 6 squares. I'll use more when I put the white edging on them (maybe a skein). I have 2 skeins of each color and 7 white, enough for 4 (5?) afghans. I'm making smiley faces, with the added square border they're 6". I'll put a pic. where my elephant is. The pic. is cropped from the 1st smiley afghan I made 17 (+/-) years ago. The one I'm making now is a baby afghan in  pastel colors with white border.

WTD: 0  YTD:  + 21

Ellie 13

HAPPY ST. PADDY'S DAY  !

Edited by Ellie 13

Hi all!!! Sorry I disappeared. 

So I haven't touched yarn or hook in more than 2 weeks.  The stuffies I posted pictures of are the last projects I've touched. After Hubs left I just couldn't find the interest in crochet. I also knew we were gearing up for my niece's wedding and a houseful of guests, so I just packed all my stuff away. When my oldest realized there was no yarn by my chair,  she immediately got concerned and asked if I was ok. The honest truth was no, I wasn't ok. But I knew it would get better. 

This past weekend was the wedding and my birthday (although I'm not celebrating until Hubs is home).  Had my oldest's boyfriend here, along with my nephew, my niece,  her (now) husband,  and his older son...in addition to my 4 daughters and myself.  It was loud & chaotic and I loved every single moment of it. I performed the ceremony (they asked me to get ordained for them). I also threw them a surprise bridal shower with the 2 sides of the family the night before the wedding.  Everything was beautiful, I'm so incredibly happy for them....and I'm very happy it's all done because I was majorly stressing about the whole thing.  Her mom passed 10 years ago and the family that's local to her was not at all supportive when they heard she was getting married so I was determined that I was going to make everything as perfect as possible for her. 

In addition to all that, my oldest is still in constant pain.  We finally got confirmation that it's her gallbladder (as we've suspected for literally 10 months!)  so now it's surgery time. She'll be going to the same surgeon who did my weight loss surgery last year, so I know she's in wonderful hands. Her surgery is Friday super early morning. Any & all prayers are very much appreciated.

I've completely fallen off plan for my eating and actually gained a few pounds back.  I'm going to get back on track with that tomorrow though. 

Anyway....I'm hoping that next week I'll get my crojo back. My house is back in order. My daughter will (theoretically) be on the mend & feeling better,  and Hubs comes on next Friday.  I'll do better with keeping in touch, I just tend to be like a turtle when stressed & unhappy and I just retreat from the world lol.

12 hours ago, Inkked0317 said:

Hi all!!! Sorry I disappeared. 

Jessie - You've certainly had a lot on your plate. Hope everything gets back on track soon! Prayers for a successful surgery & speedy recovery for your daughter.

• Like 1

Jessie, you've really had your hands full. Prayers for the surgery to go well and for a quick recovery. Take care of yourself.

This is the third day DH has been in the hospital. We think they are discharging him today, but there's no definite information yet. He swallowed the camera this morning and wears the receiver until 8:30 tonight. Meantime I finished the lap throw and have started another one. Used up another skein...+2= +4.

• Like 1