CLOSED 2019 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

I don't even remember if I signed up for this or not!!  If I did, I sure haven't been faithful in posting!!!  I've been using up LOTS of skeins and pieces of skeins, making Warm Shoulders Cape-lets these last two weeks!  My Crochet Club meets at a local Assisted Living home every Friday morning, and I took in a couple of the cape-lets to see if anyone would like them.  Well!!  Since I did that two weeks ago--I've made 8 of them!!  The last 3 were just dropped off last weekend, so I don't know if they've been snatched up yet, or not.  Man!  If I'd known they would go over THAT well, I'd have been making them before this!

Well--to the count of skeins of yarn--since I used up remnants for all these, I just have to figure how many skeins I used by how much it takes to make 1.  It takes about 14 to 16 oz for one, so I'd guess I've used up  somewhere between 112 oz to 128 oz!!  Sounds good like that, doesn't it??!!   

I am sorry to say that I have succumbed to temptation 😂 

But what else was I supposed to do when hubby suggests a trip to the craft store and there are clearance yarn skeins? 😂😂😂 

I did manage to keep it to only 21, though. A negative 42 for me. Oh, well. I’ll put the week’s final numbers up at the end of the week but I’m pretty sure I’m going to the moon! 🌟

• Like 1

On 4/1/2019 at 5:35 PM, greyhoundgrandma said:

Collette, that's a lot of yarn and a lot of crocheting!

Yeah, it is--and my hands are feeling the pressure!!!  But--aches or no--I'm still crocheting--just got another capelet finished!

I’ve been able to get back to my shrug/cocoon, so I used up one more skein!  Of course, in time-honored fashion, this will be done just in time for summer, when I can’t really wear it!  I can always save it for this fall, though. 😂 

WTD = +2, YTD = +47

😎

• Like 1

I did a lot of :crocheting this week. I made some bunny pins and some 8" squares for a prayer shawl. I used a small ball of white and rolled a skein down (+2). I went to Michael's to get more ribbon for the pins and didn't even go into the :yarn department :cheer . Sometimes I have lunch at a T.G.I. Fridays near Michael's and give pins as part of the tip. Now waitresses have them on their aprons and others are asking for them too. 

WTD:  + 2   YTD: + 30

Ellie 13

So I managed to actually make it on here before Sunday evening! I've used up 3 more balls of yarn on a granny square blanket... 

BUUUUT my sister and I went thrifting for Cross stitch supplies and I came home with a $5 bag of yarn......

this bag turned out to be full of 14 skeins of a wool blend from France that retails for $8 a skein... so with the math done that's a savings of $107 dollars and a 

WTD score -25

I think that puts me solidly in the Shoot the moon running!

• Like 1

Hi everyone!!! I made a bib and used a ball (+1). Then I started an Easter themed mystery block stitch CAL that is releasing 2 rows a day, so I think there's about 10 days left on that AND I started a large Sons of Anarchy graphgan for my nephew, so I'm guessing I'll be working on that for about a month lol. I did use up a ball on the CAL though (+1)

WTD: +2

Scores for the week ending 4/6/19:

Gold Medal Winner: 4 way tie at +2: Inkked0317, greyhoundgrandma, Ellie 13, PBLKNP

Silver Medal Winner: pineknott +1

TexasPurl 0

MalisaMeesa -25

Shoot the Moon Winner: KoalaLovesYarn -40

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/7/2019 at 1:09 PM, greyhoundgrandma said:

Scores for the week ending 4/6/19:

Gold Medal Winner: 4 way tie at +2: Inkked0317, greyhoundgrandma, Ellie 13, PBLKNP

Silver Medal Winner: pineknott +1

TexasPurl 0

MalisaMeesa -25

Shoot the Moon Winner: KoalaLovesYarn -40

There I go in my space ship! Koala in space!

• Haha 1

I was :sick Mon. night and stayed home Tue. Wed. I went to work, but went home an hour (+/-) early. Thurs. I tried to work but had a coughing fit (not good at a market), so they sent me home after 3 1/2 hrs.  and told me to take today off too. So I did a lot of :crocheting this week. I made 6 more pocket prayer shawls and started a 2nd baby afghan with the left over rainbow :yarn from the first one. I made 6 squares and I had just enough of the color to get 6 squares (small ball left), so I didn't have to start a new skein. I just started the 3rd skein of white and have 4 more, definitely enough to finish the afghan. All tallied, I used 3 balls and 1 skein (+5) :cheer . 

WTD:  + 5  YTD: + 35

Ellie 13

Thanks, Koala, he has some ongoing issues that the doctors are trying to resolve.

Ellie, I hope you are feeling better now.

I've started working on a blanket for my GS for Christmas. It uses 4 oz skeins so hopefully they'll go quickly.

WTD +2

Hi everyone! It's been a busy week, but I managed to use up another full ball of thread. I'm working on a mystery CAL for Mother's Day. The designer is releasing 4 rows per day. The pattern is for a throw blanket, but I decided to do it in thread and make a wall hanging with it. Now the question is .. what flower will be in the center? 

WTD +2

Have a great week everyone!

20190410_120331.thumb.jpg.5421165bf532231387be3a1c2ee3e001.jpg

• Like 2