CLOSED 2019 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

I hope to use up a skein.  I’m going to a family function today where I can sit and craft.  If anything, my stepdaughters and the grandchildren are always fascinated with anything I’m crocheting or knitting.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TexasPurl said:

Sad to say I didn't touch any yarn this week. Because of the current climate on Ravelry, I've chosen to remove my content and leave the site. I've spent more time in front of my PC moving that content to my blog than I really wanted to. That's all I'll say about that nonsense. This is no place for that conversation.

So hoping I'll get to pick up a hook this weekend!

WTD 0  YTD -303

Have a happy week everyone!

I haven't moved mine but I certainly won't be recommending the site to anyone. That's one thing I love about crochetville--we stick to craft and personal subjects.

• Like 2

I got the lap throw to 36" and used 5 more balls....

WTD +15     YTD +48

My first Joann pkg is supposed to be here next Friday and I've placed another order since then. The next two weeks will not be pretty.

I made 2 more potholders, but didn't much of the 2 skeins of cotton (an 8 oz. and  a pounder). I also made 2 hats and 5 pocket prayer shawls. I used up a skein, the 3 balls left at my door and rolled a skein down (+ 6)  :cheer . Gained no new :yarn .

WTD:  + 6  YTD:  + 73

Ellie 13

I might as well put in my totals now.  I was hoping to use up a skein, but I ended up not doing as much work as I'd hoped.  

WTD = 0, YTD = -31

:bang

This week I got caught up and finished part 7 of the Pheonix CAL and used 2 skeins on that. I also made two baby sets of jackets and hats and used 2 balls there. And I made a little elephant stuffie and used a ball on that. Then my mom asked me to make her a ginormous stuffed dragon and I had to order 24 Caron Cakes for the project. I'll take the hit when I get the yarn delivery lol. 

WTD :+7

YTD :+22

Not looking forward to my score next week though hahaha. I haven't taken any pictures of my finished pieces but I will soon ♡

Edited by Inkked0317
typos

13 hours ago, PBLKNP said:

I might as well put in my totals now.  I was hoping to use up a skein, but I ended up not doing as much work as I'd hoped.  

WTD = 0, YTD = -31

:bang

Hey Pam, Should your YTD be +31? I just saw your signature. Thought you may have made a typo when you posted your scores this week.

Week ending on 06/29/2019

🥇 Gold Medal Winner: greyhoundgrandma +15

🥈 Silver Medal Winner: Inkked0307 +7

🥉 Bronze Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +6

Making Progress: 

• pineknott +2 

Holding Steady: 0

• PBLKNP
  • ambiekraftsreads
  • TexasPurl

No Shoot the Moon Winner!!!

Have a great week! 💖 

Stay safe & enjoy your Independence Day celebrations! 

Y-T-D standings as of June 2019

🥇 Gold Medal Winner: pineknott +139

🥈 Silver Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +73

🥉 Bronze Medal Winner: greyhoundgrandma +48

Making Progress:

1. PBLKNP +31
  2. Inkked0307 +22

Holding Steady:

1. ambiekraftsreads 0

🚀 Shoot the Moon Winner - TexasPurl -303

Edited by TexasPurl

14 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

My first Joann order came in today. 10 Bernat Pop cakes in Foggy Notion for the Planet Earth CAL....-20.

That's a gorgeous pattern! Can't wait to see yours!

OK so...remember when I said I wasn't going to order any more yarn cause I have too much...yeah....oh well, I had good intentions lol

I should be receiving the skeins for my mother's dragon on Friday...that's 24 Caron Cakes...and then I just ordered another 42 skeins (Impeccable & RHSS) from Michaels because they were on sale....sigh....I'm just going to take the hit for all of it this week and get it over with so I can start digging my way out of this hole....

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Inkked0317 said:

OK so...remember when I said I wasn't going to order any more yarn cause I have too much...yeah....oh well, I had good intentions lol

I should be receiving the skeins for my mother's dragon on Friday...that's 24 Caron Cakes...and then I just ordered another 42 skeins (Impeccable & RHSS) from Michaels because they were on sale....sigh....I'm just going to take the hit for all of it this week and get it over with so I can start digging my way out of this hole....

But it's such a fun hole to dig out of!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was surprised to find my second Joann order at the post office today---21 skeins of Lion Brand Mandala for a blanket and 2 shawls....... -42 = -62 which puts me in the negative for the year.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2019 at 10:04 AM, TexasPurl said:

Sad to say I didn't touch any yarn this week. Because of the current climate on Ravelry, I've chosen to remove my content and leave the site. I've spent more time in front of my PC moving that content to my blog than I really wanted to. That's all I'll say about that nonsense. This is no place for that conversation.

This, right here.  I visited Ravelry today for the first time in weeks and saw what was happening.  I've decided to leave but really wanted a community of crocheters to still be a part of, and that's when I went looking for and found C'ville.  So, thanks for being here!  And I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.  :) 

Speaking of being new here, is it too late to join stashbusting?  And how does one actually bust a stash?  Besides giving some away, which I have totally done this year, but didn't count the skeins.  Which is probably okay, because I've been purchasing more than I've given... 🤦‍♀️

2 hours ago, smskutt said:

Speaking of being new here, is it too late to join stashbusting?  And how does one actually bust a stash?  Besides giving some away, which I have totally done this year, but didn't count the skeins.  Which is probably okay, because I've been purchasing more than I've given... 🤦‍♀️

Welcome to Crochetville!!

It's never too late to bust your stash! The very first post on the thread gives all the guidelines.  Just start counting from today on!

Thanks, Jessie!

I'll look over the guidelines and get busy.  Thanks for responding!

It's easy. Just start at 0 right now with what you have. This thread is meant to be a fun way to remind you to try to use what yarn you already have first if you can. (Said by the person who just bought 31 skeins this week) Like Jessie said, the first post explains it all. Glad to have you on crochetville and on stashbusters. If you have any questions, just ask here.