To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2018

judianne

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, judianne said:

That's a great hat! The stitch pattern looks like it's nice and warm, too. 

I didn't think about how warm it would turn out. I just hope it's not TOO warm and he gets plenty of chance to wear it. We're in North Texas and it doesn't get very cold all that often.

5 minutes ago, MadreBug said:

I didn't think about how warm it would turn out. I just hope it's not TOO warm and he gets plenty of chance to wear it. We're in North Texas and it doesn't get very cold all that often.

The way the weather has been changing, you never know! Just the fact that you made it for him - he must be so tickled! I would be! I'm always the creator - almost never the recipient.

I'm really impressed! The afghans you show are amazing! 

The dad's hat is cute too! It's a precious gift!

I've made a little bear but have to wait to take pics because it's a secret :D For my daughter - but I'll come for some occasion to give her maybe as a reward or when she has a bad day...

And I still have my little octopi on my hook - I'll need 20 for May and about 50 for July - and surely there will be some more needed on the way... I have 18 ready.

Here is TOP SECRET Teddy :D and sneak peek into my box of octopi. Every time I open the lid they look so innocent, like saying "Hello!", but when I close I can hear some giggles and titter...

teddy.jpg.57adabdb99b94f46cb3d99420ca9d651.jpg         octopi.jpg.ed1440632af9a0cc1d6c8044e24fb3de.jpg

Anna, love the teddy...and seriously impressed by all the octopi!  I made one, (different pattern, I think) and found it beyond tedious.  It was a huge hit at the baby shower though, and I got requests for more, although I did not commit!

Here is Jorge the Mouse from the book series. He is a friend of the Pope and travels with Him to different places.

I used a pattern for the bear from Amigurumi Today.

My daughter was very happy that the mice family has a boy now :manyheart

Jorge 2.jpg

Jorge is adorable.  I love characters that go with the books.  I made the If you ...mouse and pig to go with the books for my nieces boys years ago.  I'm waiting for my cousin's little one to be a bit older as her Mom's a former K teacher and I'm sure would love to have them.  It is such an awesome way to get kids to engage with the characters!!!!

Been doing some dishcloth therapy for my hands.  I find when I mentally can't get into my projects or in this case my hands and wrists are bothering me, that dishcloths are a nice short project that achieves something without providing too much stress.

This is one of my favorite functional patterns and while the color didn't photograph as well as I liked, I chose it because it makes me think of ocean water and in the middle of dreary winter an ocean escape sounds wonderful.

This should be appearing somewhere soon.

Hexagon Dishcloth

Hi peeps

On 2/2/2018 at 7:16 AM, Gardener said:

Anna, love the teddy...and seriously impressed by all the octopi!  I made one, (different pattern, I think) and found it beyond tedious.  It was a huge hit at the baby shower though, and I got requests for more, although I did not commit!

I'm going to learn to say NO, too. I'm taking a crochet break after the charity blanket. It's not been too much fun lately, so it's time to wait for the urge to hook to reappear on it's own.

2 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

Been doing some dishcloth therapy for my hands.  I find when I mentally can't get into my projects or in this case my hands and wrists are bothering me, that dishcloths are a nice short project that achieves something without providing too much stress.

This is one of my favorite functional patterns and while the color didn't photograph as well as I liked, I chose it because it makes me think of ocean water and in the middle of dreary winter an ocean escape sounds wonderful.

This should be appearing somewhere soon.

Hexagon Dishcloth

That's a great pattern - I may have to get that eBook, too. Still have a need for some dishcloths, though as I shared above, I will be taking a crochet break.

I need to take a break every now and then from crocheting, too!  My hands are getting old!  (Just like the rest of me, unfortunately! :reyes )  I think that's why I work on many different projects all the time!  I'll be working on a prayer shawl, and really getting tired of it, so I'll switch to some thread butterflies, or angels, then go back to the shawl later.  It seems to work for me!

Archived