To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2018

judianne

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Here is the last doll, for now for AZ.  This is Chris and she is a total Tom Boy.  I finished her yesterday and today I am going to work on a dress for a doll for Bailey4's charity.  One of several dresses this doll will have.

Chris (5).JPG

Rag Dolls (1).JPG

What a great looking bunch of dolls. They look like they are an incredible amount of work.

I finished dd’s afghan.  This is a project that I started back in 2009, when I first started to crochet.  I quickly got bored with it and mostly ignored it.  A few months ago, I decided that I needed to finish some long standing WIPs.  This is one of them. I apologize for the poor picture.  (I’m not a photographer!). It’s in the washer at the moment, hope it comes out ok.  I figured that a project that old definitely needs a trip through the washer!

the color in the picture isn’t quite true to life, this looks a bit yellow, and it’s really a creamy white.  ( Its the color clothing manufacturers used to call winter white, if you are old enough to remember what that is!)

5B4632BE-1FB0-47F6-9966-4F6F141466F8.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Gardener said:

I finished dd’s afghan.  This is a project that I started back in 2009, when I first started to crochet.

It looks great! Good for you on finishing an old WIP. I have a couple that need to be resurrected.

Love the afghan Gardner.  She is going to love it.

The dolls are pretty easy.  It is this book Edward's Crochet Doll Emporium.  The fun part of the book is that you can mix and match the heads and bodies.

I just got the monster book and can't wait to start some of them.

Cindy, it's gorgeous. Such pretty square patterns. Congratulations on getting it finished! I too have a blanket about that old that I just need to join. I got a mental block on it because it's circles that are joined with open spaces in the "corners", and the instructions just say to look at the picture and join them.

Everyone is posting great projects!

Wow I love that afghan, and you did such a neat job attaching all the squares together. I have finished some projects over the years that I have had to force myself to finish, but it has always been worth it, and I can see it was definitely worth it here!

I made this small mat with the remaining skein of the RHSS Stripes from the unicorn I made for my niece. I figure she can use it with her dolls. But wow! I may need to go against my no yarn buying pledge except to finish WIPs and make a full size blanket. This just makes me smile:sun

20180116_095959.jpg

I love the colors and the pattern.  I can see why you'd want to make it into a full size blanket.  I got stuck for a baby blanket this year and took a doll's blanket and made it into a baby blanket.  Worked out well and the mom loved it.  No reason not to upgrade if you like the pattern and the colors.

It will brighten up a room especially during these dark winter months.

50 minutes ago, Debbie Caldwell said:

I made this small mat with the remaining skein of the RHSS Stripes from the unicorn I made for my niece. I figure she can use it with her dolls. But wow! I may need to go against my no yarn buying pledge except to finish WIPs and make a full size blanket. This just makes me smile:sun

20180116_095959.jpg

Love this!  

Getting caught up with my pictures.

Valentine Bunny Lovey

Took me 3 patterns to put this together, but she's worth it.  Have to order the books to go with this package soon.  I have one more ami to finish and then I can send it out.  DH found card this weekend.

Thankfully, DH bought me a pattern for the St. Patrick's day Lovey so I'm hoping its easy to follow.

Archived