To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2018

judianne

Well, as usual I got sidetracked already. Instead of working on the nearly finished afghan for DDs birthday at the end of a January, I started reading through the old thread.  Judy had posted a link to a pattern for fingerless gloves. Just like that, I decided to make fingerless gloves.  I tried that pattern, but it just seemed to be written in an uneccesarily complicated way, so I wrote my own.  (Judy said the pattern was easy, my brain just didn’t quite get it.). I have one glove done, and am 1/2 way through the second one.  After that I will get to the afghan.  (If something else doesn’t distract me!)

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll join in. 

Anne, your Nativity set is so cute!

Mona, be sure to show us your mermaid tail when you have it finished.

Mary Jo, your graph is looking great.  And I love those colors.  Is doing a graph difficult?  I have a graph that I want to try but it looks rather intimidating.

Everyone's 2018 lists are amazing.  You all are going to be very busy.

I don't have anyone to make gifts for, but I do make things for charity.  So it's still a gift, I guess.  This evening, I am going to sit down and make out my list for 2018. The only thing I am sure of right now is that I will be making the Woodland afghan that starts January 5.  Last night I found a new afghan pattern called River Rock Blanket which I will start tomorrow. And I want to learn how to make the start stitch this year.  There are so many lovely patterns using that stitch.  My list will include other things but for now, that's all there is.

Happy New Year, everyone !

Thank you, that sounds like a cool afghan or scarf.  The ones I would make, would be more blue than any other color.

This graph is really easy, compared to some I have done.  I did one with the faces of 3 Princesses and it used 3 different graphs that I had to work in.  Then there was the 2 mask ( comedy and tragedy).  I make several or at least 2 copies of the graphs, so that I can mark up the one I am using.  I have a spare, incase the original tears or I spill something on it. :rofl

This is going to be a fun year.  I have until about March to make things that are made with yarn.  Then I switch to Sports, Finger weight or thread.

Have fun today.

11 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

Thank you, that sounds like a cool afghan or scarf.  The ones I would make, would be more blue than any other color.

The girls' first years were both in Colorado, so they have an interesting mix of colors. The new GS's would be in Mississippi, so I'll have to decide whether to do one for him or not.

11 hours ago, Inkked0317 said:

I'm really wanting to make a temp blanket for each of my four girls, but for some reason they still don't have the information available for one of their birth years. Until I can do them all, I don't feel right starting any of them.

I used weather underground: www.wunderground.com

Welcome, Courtney and everyone!

Hmmm....another reminder about the Woodland blanket CAL. I recently talked myself into using the yarn pack for that and making the Summer Harmony pattern from Attic 24 instead of the gentle ripple. I think I'll stick with the squares. I have some projects lined up that were promised, too, so...

I think I need to make a "retired" sign and post it....

Happy New Year! :2magic I guess at the moment you are a year ahead :D It's still 2017 here and 4 hours to 2018 :lol

Anyway, I still don't have my list for 2018, just some ideas - of course I'll need some octopi key rings for kids for summer holiday camp and also for charity fair in spring (for my cousin's son).

And I'm going to make snowflakes and angels for window decorations.

And more figures - another nativity set.

And sheep for our nativity.

Some ballerina mouse would be nice to have at hand....

You are ahead of us Anna.  It is only 2:33 PM here, so we have about 10 hours before it is 2018.

They have been showing the celebrations in Sydney, Australia and New Zealand all morning.

Getting dinner ready, as we will eat early, so we can take a nap before midnight.

Have fun, be careful if you are going out, and please keep warm.

1 hour ago, Tampa Doll said:

You are ahead of us Anna.  It is only 2:33 PM here, so we have about 10 hours before it is 2018.

They have been showing the celebrations in Sydney, Australia and New Zealand all morning.

Getting dinner ready, as we will eat early, so we can take a nap before midnight.

Have fun, be careful if you are going out, and please keep warm.

:lol You are right. I can never remember if it is 6 hours later or earlier in US than here in Poland. 

Good morning, everyone, and a very Happy New Year. 

For New Year's Eve, I worked on my River Rock afghan for about five hours while watching football.  Then after dinner, I started a jigsaw puzzle.  So my celebration was a quiet one.

We are having dangerously cold weather here in St. Louis.  This morning's temperature at 7 am was minus 3.  (Not to make light of the bitter cold weather everyone seems to be having).  So I will be staying inside today.

Everyone have a good day.  Stay warm if you are in the cold areas. 

Happy New Year to everyone!! Again, for those of you you don't know, my family and I have been travelling around the country by rv for the last 2 plus years. We headed up to Wisconsin from Austin Texas for three months. I thought it would be nice to get a break from the insane heat, snakes, scorpions, red ants, and hurricanes etc.. as well as to let the kids play in the snow.

Well, there is maybe half an inch of snow, the feel like temperature is -29 so even if there were enough snow they could not go out, and everyone has had a bad cold that has gone round and round the family. Not to mention the frozen water lines and retaining tanks.  (Here is where Krys says "I told you Wisconsin was a bad idea) haha. 

But, It is a New Year. I have high hopes for this to be our best year yet!! 

The afghan I am making for baby Ezra is a large granny style afghan with 24 mini square border in part of it so I am trying to make at least one square a day and work on dh hat. Time is severely limited just at the moment. Seriously, I am hard pressed to even finish this post

Looked up the temperature afghan. So pretty and colorful!! I might do one in a scarf sometime.

Ok, first off, all you friends Up North, Please keep warm and stay inside if you can.  That kind of temps are dangerous.

We, I hate to say it is 56 right now going up to 61.  They are saying it is going to get colder as the week goes on.  The Strawberry Farmers will be staying up to make sure they spray the plants with water, along with the oranges and grapefruits.

I worked on my lapghan last night while I waited for the ball to drop.

Today will be quite, working on the lapghan and hopefully get to the edging today.  (hope, hope, hope :xfin)

Have a good day today.

Happy New Year everyone. We have managed to reach a high of 8 degrees so far.  Rumor is we might achieve 12 degrees.  We are watching the dogs closely.  To top it off there has been a report of a fox in the area and we are not a terribly rural area.

The first doll carrier just needs handles.  One made and needs to be attached.  I stopped last night when we started our festivities as it requires a bit more focus to attach them and I needed a project I could pick up and drop during our New Years game night.  So I started the blanket for the carrier using a pattern from this year's crochet calendar.  I also found some free patterns on Ravelry yesterday to help with my Valentine's package so that was a plus too.

Hi peeps = just a quick check in.

Our NY Rangers are playing an outdoor hockey game at 1 - Yikes! Even though thats how they grew up playing the game the below 0 real feel temps will remind them they;re not kids any longer and impervious to the arctic air!

Bailey, my youngest shepherd has to be bribed to come inside even in this weather - she sits outside on the icy snow as if it's just another spring day! The male, who is 12, stays with me but when I come in he does too, He's my velcro dog.

BBL!

Stay warm everyone!

Brand new to crocheting. So, my list is simple and small for now. I will update as I go.

1. Working on a hat and scarf for my 16 year old  DONE

2. A hat and scarf for my dad

3. An afghan for my mother with various granny squares

4. Hat for baby Johhnnie

3 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

What calendar do you have?

DH gets me the Day to Day Crochet Calendar each year.  Michelle Cream usually has a new doll blanket in it each year.  I was a little disappointed that some of the doll patterns were ones they had published previously since I still have previous years copies in my doll binder.  However, there was a cheerleader outfit from one of my favorite 18" designers and it was one of hers I hadn't bought yet. 

Archived