To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2018

judianne

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good afternoon ladies.  I'm so close to the end of this graduation afghan and I can't wait.  I finally looked at the yarn requirements for the owl graduation ami and it wants DK yarn which is not good because I'd planned to use up worsted weight yarn on it.  However, looking at the size listed for it, I've decided to go with sport yarn.  I have all but 2 colors I needed so I ordered those today. 

Easter Sunday she will be here so if I have time to crochet I'm going to work on a tea set to donate as part of the Christmas toy drive.  I have to remember to ask her about the tassel colors because now that I think about it I may not have all the colors I need.  However I might make that from thread depending on how it all works out if I have the colors  It will all work out some how.

I have until the end of May to finish.  I mostly just need to sew in the ends.  She will see it at her graduation party.  I want it to be a surprise.  I have to check the length, but I think it is now long enough.  Then I just need to sew in the ends.

I did actually finish the Tea Pot for the tea set while they were here yesterday.  I have to get pics done, but I started on the sugar, after they left. 

I am starting this crochet doll for my granddaughter:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/188354274/crochet-pattern-mia-doll-with-strawberry?ref=shop_home_active_13

Instead of yarn, I plan to use long blonde mohair. Does anyone see any reason why I cant go ahead and attach it a little at a time just like I would yarn?

Awesome. Also, Mary Jo, I have been working that alaska hat in sc, I did the brim in post stitch dc and it turned out great. I have laid it aside till fall. I absolutely could not knit it.

On 4/8/2018 at 8:23 AM, richsgirl said:

I am starting this crochet doll for my granddaughter:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/188354274/crochet-pattern-mia-doll-with-strawberry?ref=shop_home_active_13

Instead of yarn, I plan to use long blonde mohair. Does anyone see any reason why I cant go ahead and attach it a little at a time just like I would yarn?

What an adorable pattern!!!! Your granddaughter will love it!

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning,

I have finished the last monster for my box and they are ready to go.  You can find the last one here.

Here is the whole group together, along with a friend I added that is knitted.

Rag Dolls & Monsters (5).JPG

Hi ladies!

Judy checking in - I'm making a simple baby ghan using the HDC stitch and both some Hobby Lobby yarn and soft white  - the 2 skiers of HL yarn weren't nearly enough, so this will have three wide stripes.

Also still working on squares using my Woodland pack. Love the texture of the Stylecraft yarn:2rock

Archived