To Encourage Everyone in Making Gifts for 2018

judianne

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished the baby blanket except for weaving in the ends. It was a close call. I got the pattern in a kit with 7 skeins of yarn and the first time I made it, I used 5 1/2 skeins. So when I got ready to make it again, I had 6 skeins of the same yarn and didn't really give it any thought. This time I had 8 yards left. Way too close for my comfort.

I am so excited to FINALLY be able to post something here lol!!

Finally finished Ezra's blankie. We were going to move back to Alaska in May so we could be there in time for his birth, then my daughter announces that her dh is going into the air force asap and they willl likely be gone before Ezra's birth, he is tired of working two jobs to make ends meet so I can't blame him really, but that definitely puts a crook in our plans!

I made this pattern with I love that yarn. Crocheting on the 24 grannys was a bear. The pattern was written by a lady who's first language was not english, and I had a really hard time understanding that part, so I just basically fudged it.i think it still came out pretty good. I am not totally happy with it but fairly, and very glad that its done finally. 

Resized_20180226_084449_7599.jpeg

that's adorable! It will be much-loved.

On 2/26/2018 at 10:03 AM, richsgirl said:

I am so excited to FINALLY be able to post something here lol!!

Finally finished Ezra's blankie. We were going to move back to Alaska in May so we could be there in time for his birth, then my daughter announces that her dh is going into the air force asap and they willl likely be gone before Ezra's birth, he is tired of working two jobs to make ends meet so I can't blame him really, but that definitely puts a crook in our plans!

I made this pattern with I love that yarn. Crocheting on the 24 grannys was a bear. The pattern was written by a lady who's first language was not english, and I had a really hard time understanding that part, so I just basically fudged it.i think it still came out pretty good. I am not totally happy with it but fairly, and very glad that its done finally. 

Resized_20180226_084449_7599.jpeg

That afghan is so pretty.

I finished these last week, but did not want to show anyone, until they were delivered.  They will be delivered today. A friend lost her Maltese and I decided to make her one.  The one is made with a D hook and size 2 yarn.  The larger one is made with ww yarn and a G hook.  Still quite small.

maltese KRYS (2).JPG

maltese KRYS (4).JPG

Mary Jo - that is such a sweet gift:manyheart

Bailey -coming over to the dark side?...lol! Yay for working with thread!

I didn't know working with thread is going to the dark side :laughrollI should re-think my crochet :lol

Bailey4, the bookmark is cute! :clap

I'm working on my daughter's "birthday sweets" - You'll see them soon ;)

Just now, Apak said:

I didn't know working with thread is going to the dark side :laughrollI should re-think my crochet :lol

Bailey4, the bookmark is cute! :clap

I'm working on my daughter's "birthday sweets" - You'll see them soon ;)

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Good morning ladies.

DH took the St. Patrick's Day box to the Post Office this morning.  The couple has had several moves and we are hoping this is the last one for a LONG time, but they are settled and I got the address to mail the box out to yesterday.  I included the Easter books, since I don't have the Easter stuff ready, but I figured she could start enjoying the stories.

I still have to upload one more picture but I have one for today.

St. Patrick's Day Baby Bib

2 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

Good morning ladies.

DH took the St. Patrick's Day box to the Post Office this morning.  The couple has had several moves and we are hoping this is the last one for a LONG time, but they are settled and I got the address to mail the box out to yesterday.  I included the Easter books, since I don't have the Easter stuff ready, but I figured she could start enjoying the stories.

I still have to upload one more picture but I have one for today.

St. Patrick's Day Baby Bib

That's adorable! 

Archived