35 Granny Squares Afghan

JulieKay

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That looks like an interesting afghan to do also. I think I'd do it in different colors though:)

Lynn

:blush

I posted before I put the name of the book {sigh} :shrug Anyway, I went back and added it but here it is again!

200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws, and Afghans : Crochet Squares to Mix and Match (Paperback)

by Jan Eaton

It's pretty cool :manyheart

I have this book too and really love some of the patterns. I would definitely be up for a CAL for this. That way we would have all different FO's to show off.

JulieKay

I am unsure of what your post meant...

She checked her stock and has .... get this .... 3 DOZEN in stock .

I am urging any and all of you that are interested in taking part in this crochetalong to please get your orders in for this one -- it is also out of print. She will be able to get NO MORE after this 3 dozen are gone .

The info is listed again below for it -- it is well worth your money -- it also makes a matching pillow . JUST LOVELY !!!!!!

LA2864 STITCH-A-WEEK AFGHAN ($7.00) patterns for 52 sampler blocks with

instructions for an afghan, in worsted wt. yarn

The 3 dozen in stock are the 35 squares book, right?

The Stitch-a-Week is the prettiest?

I am getting my book purchased and want to get the right one for the CAL.

Thanks

Hi Linda-

Sorry to mix you up . She only has 5 in stock of the 35 grannies. Have you ordered that one yet ?

The Stitch a week, we will be working on in the future, I just thought I'd mention it now in case anyone wants to join in when we do it. She has 3 dozen of them, but they are also out of print and she won't be able to get anymore .

Just thought I'd give people the chance to order it ahead of time in case they want it !

Hi Linda-

Sorry to mix you up . She only has 5 in stock of the 35 grannies. Have you ordered that one yet ?

The Stitch a week, we will be working on in the future, I just thought I'd mention it now in case anyone wants to join in when we do it. She has 3 dozen of them, but they are also out of print and she won't be able to get anymore .

Just thought I'd give people the chance to order it ahead of time in case they want it !

Hey, JulieKay... I emailed her to make sure about the 35 grannies and never heard back from her. Is she pretty good about responding? I would prefer to order via credit card over the phone as her sight says she takes them... but so far, nothing since yesterday morning.. :think

I don't want to miss out even though I won't be starting this until after Christmas...

I have to do this one as well, I have had this book for so long that I have to start working on it. I wanted to add these squares to my scripture afghan that I made last summer. But I dont know what I should do... Maybe I will make one to go with my afghan and then make a different on.

this is a picture of my scripture afghan

Picture%20109.jpg

Is anybody going to make a button for this.:think

Pretty 'ghan, Becky! Nice colors! :)

I was going to try to make a button for the 35 Granny Squares unless someone more creative and artistic wants to make one. I confess, I've yet to discover where all the spiffy clip art and stuff is hiding. Any suggestions anyone? If I can get dh to sit down and help me, I will try and get something done today.

Yay, Sue! I would love to have a button for this! Thanks to your DH :)

This afghan is great. . . I wish the 63 had gone so quickly! I already have eight squares done, and while I'm a little sidetracked with other projects (grr. . . ), it's nice to know I'm already 1/5 done! :hook

Wow! You're really smokin', Celeste! You must have nimble fingers! I can't wait to start this project. Everyone is saying how nice and easy the squares go. I'm still plugging away at 63 squares. I'm working on #49 now! :)

I'll have to start sweet-talking my dh to get this button going -- timing is everything! lol :lol

Here's the button dh and I came up with. Hope you like it! :)

35Grannies.gif

It's a teeny bit on the big side but any smaller and the little lacy thingy goes into oblivion. Enjoy!

I'm really bummed. I mailed my order for the booklet with a personal check to the lady at Country Yarns on Weds and she still hasn't gotten it yet! The Post Office said she should have gotten it in 3 days. It's now been 5 mailing days... I cannot imagine having to put a stop payment on the check as my hubby will have a fit but I don't know what else to do. How long would you wait before deciding this is somehow lost in the mail?

Donna, that seems like an awfully short time to be in panic mode. Give it a while longer, cause stop payments are so expensive. I've had letters take up to two full weeks to arrive, and if it went out last Wednesday, don't count non business days, namely the weekend days, so it's not all that long yet.

Got my 35 Granny Squares Afghan pattern in the mail today. Now, just have to get my granddaughter to go with me to pick out yarn colors!

Lynn

Hi Ho Ladies

Sorry I've been MIA for a few days . I am totally SQUARED out and need a short rest from them before taking on any more . I think I got too much in a hurry to get the first one done and get busy on the second -- now I have SBS : SQUARE BURNOUT SYNDROME .:irk

I will still check in with you all to see how you're all coming ,but need to take a short rest before resuming the squares .

Donna-

I'd give it a few days yet before worrying about your check -- and I probably wouldn't stop payment on it, since it would cost more to stop payment than the check was probably for . I think it'll still be ok -- just wait awhile longer ! Let us know when you get the book .

Ok, I'll wait til the end of the week to panic! LOL

I sent out 3 packages the day I sent out her check all together at the PO. I know for sure that one of those packages was received yesterday so maybe it's just taking longer!

Donna,

I mailed my check out on Halloween - last Monday. I received my book just yesterday so it took a full week.

Don't panic yet:hook

Lynn

Okay, I have my 35-Squares pattern book.

I am in love with the Stitch a Week book. WOW! I cannot believe some of those gorgeous squares. :drool The Scripture Afghan book is intriguing too, but I have not seen it to see the squares up close. Thanks for the posts on that.

All the talk about each of the books has left me a little confused. Let me get this straight. We are doing the 35-Squares first and then each of the others too? :think We are gonna get "squared" out! :loco

Even though I think I am going to get sick of the squares, I think I have to have all these books--I am such a sucker for gorgeous patterns. :lol:bounce

For those who want to try a variety of Tunisian (Afghan Stitch) and Crochet On The Double stitches, these books are CAL possibilities:

* Tunisian Sampler Afghan (25 stitches)

* 52 Tunisian Crochet Stitches Combine to Make An Afghan Stitch Sampler

* Sampler Afghan (On the Double) (24 stitches)

I see them on eBay once in a while.

Hi Olga -

Yep, I think the 35 grannies might end up being a small group mainly because the book is so hard to locate .

We'd love to have you join us for the 63 MORE --- then you can make an afghan just as stunning as your first 63 ! Have you got any ideas for colors for the second one floating around in your head yet ?

I hope to kick off the 63 MORE on Jan 1st -- that will give people lots of time to locate the book by then .

:)

Archived