35 Granny Squares Afghan

JulieKay

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pagan

WOW, those are just beautiful ! That is gonna be one pretty afghan when done. It's sure gonna make mine look washed out. I chose 2 very neutral looking colors, since the 63 I finished was ORANGE ... My eyeballs needed a rest, so I ended up using light Thyme and Eggnog . I may add one more color of a little darker green, I haven't decided yet , but my squares are all in one color .

I will have to get photos of them and get them posted -but it probably won't be before the weekend . My weekdays are a little high stress around here .

This week, I have watched Jumanji 783 times . If anyone wants a rundown of the lines in it, just ask -- I can type out the complete script from it from memory . I LOVE the movie , but DANG ------- How many times can you watch the same movie before you run out of the house SCREAMING at the top of your lungs ?:yell :yell :yell :yell :yell :yell :yell

OOHh you bettcha...I will not sell it ,nor give it away or lend it or nothing . that is mine all mine ...lol i feel very acomplished with this..i sweat i didnt think id finnish it and im so so glad i did!:hook

Olga

I'm glad you finished your 63 too.

It gives you a great sense of accomplishment .

It's something you'll always treasure now !

:manyheart

Olga -

Well, if you don't have the booklet yet, be on the lookout for the 63 MORE booklet -- we plan on tackling that in the near future -after we do our 35 grannies one -- It is very easy and will go quickly, so I hope to get started on our next 63 within a few weeks' time . It looks quite a bit harder than the first , so we're in for quite a challenge ! WE CAN DO IT THOUGH .:cheer:hook:cheer

Wow Pagan! Your squares are making me want to stop the 63 squares and pick this book up instead! But no I will not get side tracked, I will not get side tracked(rummaging through yarn bag to see if I have enough yarn for this or would this also be a scrap ghan) nope I will not get side tracked...

sigh please please let the 63 get over soon! I am going yarn shopping on Friday .. Hopefully I will find a match:)

Sue I forgot to answer your post in the 63 wannabe loop sorry about that.. This yarn that I am looking for is locally made here in India (I wanted something that I will be able to find easily ) also the shipping costs are almost twice that of the actual costs so I prefer to hoard on your yarns when hubby dearest visits the US on hos official trips:)

hugs

Vims Nope I will not get sidre tracked!

I want this pattern! :( (It's true that I'm not even close to finish the 63 squares... but I would love to own this lovely pattern.) I emailed the lady from country yarns but I haven't heard from her yet. Please... pretties please... if you know of somebody selling (or trading, or giving ;)) the booklet, let me know. I'm willing to pay more than the $5 or $6 it used to cost.

Thanks pretties,

~Eliany :hook

Hi Vims !

It's good to see you over here too ! Nope, don't get side-tracked -- keep your mind on the goal of the first 63-- THEN we'd LOVE to have you jump in over here !

You'll be REALLY glad you finished the 63, then it won't be haunting you that it's STILL LAYING IN THE CORNER WAITING FOR YOU ~~~~~~~~~

We'll see you soon over here I hope, and feel free to drop in any old time . It's always good hearing from you .

Do you have more yarn yet to finish the 63 or are you waiting to get more and what number are you on ?

Eliany -

I hope you got to Jennie in time to get one of the pattern booklets. I will email her today if you want and see how many she has left at this point. I know of 3 of you that have ordered from her ,so unless someone else out there has ordered it that we don't know about, you should be safe . I'll drop a note in here when I hear back from her .

Dear Donna

Sorry -- I just remembered you asked this yesterday . The yarn amounts needed are - WW yarn approx 17 1/2 oz main color , 13 oz Contrasting color .

(or 500 grams, 1,150 yds and 370 grams,855 yds )

Hope this helps-- that way you can go ahead and get your yarn now if you want .

Eliany -

I hope you got to Jennie in time to get one of the pattern booklets. I will email her today if you want and see how many she has left at this point. I know of 3 of you that have ordered from her ,so unless someone else out there has ordered it that we don't know about, you should be safe . I'll drop a note in here when I hear back from her .

i emailed....i couldnt find the book on her site...so i emailed and asked for it, havent heard back yet.

Hi Kimi -

I will be making a run over to a tiny little yarn store in the next town over today ( if she's open ... she's semi-retired, so you have to catch her when you can )

Anyhow, that's where I got my booklet. I will see if she has anymore left in the back .

Will drop back in and let you know !

Well Julie, my granddaughter's favorite colors won't work well on this beautiful sampler afghan. She has been in an orange and lime green mode for awhile now!:lol Her room is in pinks though so I thought the soft pink and burgundy might be nice. Shannon wears a lot of earth tones too so I could use those. I think I'll just ask her what she would like and hopefully she won't say orange and lime green!:D

Lynn

Hi Lynn... I have a friend who is an awesome quilter and she swears that Lime Green is the "Other Neutral" and makes a lot of things with orange/lime green combo. I would think that if you did use those colors, it would look awesome! Of course, years from now, it may be looked at the same way we look at avocado green stoves now! LOL! :lol

At any rate, I do agree with her that green can function like a neutral. It goes with everything!

:hook Mare

Thanks for the info on the yarn... After seeing all of Pagan's squares I am considering doing what she's doing. Using all of my "scraps" of yarn instead of buying new... What a great idea! And how awesome it looks!!!! I'm still deciding but I love the idea of using all kinds of different yarns and getting rid of some of the scraps I have that are taking up space!

Thanks Mare. Then maybe Shannon can have her lime green after all.:lol I do also like the idea of using scraps - Pagan Baby's squares look awesome done with scraps! I think I'll have Shannon come over look at the squares on here before she decides.

Lynn

I need one two...if you can find one JulieKay, please let me know how much and I'll send it out ASAP. Just PM me if you any or not. If worse comes to worse, I'll try to send my momma out to look for one in NJ. :eek

I posted a 'Want It NOW' on eBay, and will check my shopping links when I get home from work to see if we can find some more.

For those that are trying to find the 35 grannies leaflet , I had no luck at the small craft shop near us . I got the last copy she had and they are out of print .

I have tried searching online and still no luck finding them .

As heads up though ---

I have also ordered the following booklets and plan on doing --- Alongs with them, as long as there are interested people that want to do one with me . Maybe you can jump in and get these ordered now so you will be ready to start !

We will probably go in this order -

1- Currently doing 63 -LA # 555

2-Then LA # 2755 35 Grannies

3-LA # 2146 -63 MORE Afghan

4-LA # 2770 -Scripture Afghan

5-LA # 2864-Stitch a week ( 52 different squares )

I am checking with Jennie at Country Yarns on these -- she has plenty of the 63 MORES

Waiting to hear about the last 2 -- will let you all know what I find out .

Please check here -- I have photos of the covers posted so you can see what I'm talking about .

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jlabo1/album?.dir=/3d27

Ok guys --

I checked with Jennie at countryyarns.com

She has SEVERAL of the LA # 2864-- 52 patterns stitch a week . It is out of print, but she has lots of them at this point, so if you want one ,order now !

The scripture afghan is also out of print -- I just ordered it on ebay today so maybe you all could find it there .

We will try to stick with ones that are readily available , which are the 63 MORE and the one I listed above.

I guess we'll just play it by ear on the rest, but for now, we are still going strong over at the first 63 , and will proceed as best as we can with the 35 Grannies .

I sure hope we can get a big group together to do one of these . I REALLY like the 52- Stitch a Week -- it is really pretty , so maybe if we all order it in plenty of time, we'll all get to do it together !

I'll try to keep you all updated . At this point though , we have 2 going at once , so we'll try to get them finished up before moving on to a new one. I just thought some of you might like to pre-order the next one or two so you'll be ready in advance !:hook

You are amazing! I see you all over the 63 squares, and all over here and I think - WOW! Thanks for all your hard work.

I've tried to find the book for this CAL without success. I have email the gal at the link you posted but haven't heard back yet. I won't be ready to do this one until after Christmas anyway, so by then, we may be moved to something else.

I have that book 200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws, and Afghans : Crochet Squares to Mix and Match (Paperback)

by Jan Eaton and it seems like it would be fun to pick some squares from there to make a sampler afghan from, too...

Cheers!

Mare:cheer

Hi Mare-

Yep, I try to keep on top of all the posts of these 2 crochetalongs I started. I think the more posts, the more interested people stay in it. I LIKE to have BUSY boards--- so POST AWAY , you guys !!!

What book did you say you have ? We will probably be on to something new after the holidays I would guess, probably the 2nd 63-- it'll be a REAL challenge I think !

What book did you say you have ?

:blush

I posted before I put the name of the book {sigh} :shrug Anyway, I went back and added it but here it is again!

200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws, and Afghans : Crochet Squares to Mix and Match (Paperback)

by Jan Eaton

It's pretty cool :manyheart

I will post this in both threads today-- here and the Wannabee group so you can all see it . I told you I ordered the following booklet from Jennie - I just got it today in the mail, and MY GOSH is it pretty ... It MAY be the prettiest square sampler I have ever seen .

She checked her stock and has .... get this .... 3 DOZEN in stock .

I am urging any and all of you that are interested in taking part in this crochetalong to please get your orders in for this one -- it is also out of print. She will be able to get NO MORE after this 3 dozen are gone .

The info is listed again below for it -- it is well worth your money -- it also makes a matching pillow . JUST LOVELY !!!!!!

LA2864 STITCH-A-WEEK AFGHAN ($7.00) patterns for 52 sampler blocks with

instructions for an afghan, in worsted wt. yarn

www.countryyarns.com

Archived