35 Granny Squares Afghan

JulieKay

2 more days until I can go yarn shopping. Yea!!!!!!!! I'm gonna go ahead and do square 1 tonight with what I have lying around. I cant wait, I'm antsy.

Necia

Tomorrow is your big day! Yipee! :cheer

What colors are you going to use? I haven't decided yet. Have to wait till I have the pattern and look at the pics.:think

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have decided to used Caron WW in the one pounders for this project and am thinking of a light pink and dark pink for the squares and either a white or some other contrasting color to attach... What do you guys think?

Sounds really pretty!:cheer

Your colors also sound so pretty ! Believe it or not, I don't think I've ever used any color of purple in any of my projects. Maybe I should do that for one of my next ones. Can't wait to see your squares. I bet your daughter will love it .

I agree, Olga. Great colors. Your daughter will be so happy!

This made me think of something... for a future CAL, we should do a challenge afghan or something and use colors we hate! it would be a learning experience!

I e-mailed Leisure Arts about possible corrections for square # 19. There are no corrections but she did clarify the directions somewhat. Below is the clarafication.

When working Rnd 3 of the design, you will be working behind the sts you made on Rnd 2 and will be working into the sts and sps on Rnd 1. The sps on Rnd 1 referred to here are the 4 ch-2 sps that were made on Rnd 1. On Rnd 2 you were to work into the Front Loops Only of the sts from Rnd 1, so the Back Loop of these sts are left unworked. When you work Rnd 3, you will be working into the Back Loop of the sts on Rnd 1. You will work a slip st into the next dc (i.e., the next dc after the one you joined to at the end of Rnd 2), work a slip st into the next dc, and then work a slip st into the next ch-2 sp. You will then ch 3 and work (2 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) into the same sp that you just worked into. You are then instructed to ch 1 and then work (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) into the next ch-2 sp. You will therefore work the 3 dc, the ch 2, and the 3 dc into the next ch-2 sp you come to from Rnd 1, remembering that you are working behind the sts that were made on Rnd 2 (i.e., the sts on Rnd 2 will end up lying on top of the sts that you are making on Rnd 3). You will repeat this instruction the number of times indicated and will end up working into each of the 4 ch-2 sps on Rnd 1.

Rnd 6 is worked in the same manner as Rnd 3.

Hope this helps!:hook

Lynn

Hi Everyone, Just make sure there are 23 dc's on each side of the square. If you are going to sc the squares together, it will be easier to join so you won't have to fudge it. Some of my squares are off but I attribute that to the yarn, since I'm using many different colors.

I am going to add a round of granny type stitches around each square and join that way.

PaganBaby69

Mare-

Glad you liked the Mad Dog comment. I had fun with that one !

And that is also a good idea for a crochetalong for someday -- you have to choose a color you have NEVER used before . I don't hate certain colors , but there are some that I rarely if EVER use .. Not many yellows , very seldom blue -- I 'm not a big blue fan. And hardly EVER red .. that's probably my least favorite color .

I love green, so almost everything I do has some green somewhere in it !

Mare-

Glad you liked the Mad Dog comment. I had fun with that one !

And that is also a good idea for a crochetalong for someday -- you have to choose a color you have NEVER used before . I don't hate certain colors , but there are some that I rarely if EVER use .. Not many yellows , very seldom blue -- I 'm not a big blue fan. And hardly EVER red .. that's probably my least favorite color .

I love green, so almost everything I do has some green somewhere in it !

One of my quilting friends swears that Green is the "other" neutral. And, to be honest, if you treat it as a neutral, it does behave like one most of the time!

I dont know if this was posted before but I had a little problem trying to get it done and i think i deleted it so here it is again.

This is part of my 35sq ....I finally got it on its way and I'm 5 squares in. Here are a couple of what i have done. I am doing it in lavander and orchid with white edgings. They are my daughters favorite colors and it is for her 27th birthday next month. She has no idea!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b251/irikel3/scan0002.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b251/irikel3/scan0004.jpg

Evelyn, Olga, Julie nice colors. Julie congrats on finishing your afghan. It looks really nice. Can't wait to get started on mine. Have to decide what colors and should I keep it for myself. Thinking that way. I along with everyone else give everything (or most) everything I (we) crochet away. My favorite color is red so I know that will be one of them.

Marlene

Archived